Poll: Should UT flop a lot against UGA?

Poll: Should UT flop a lot against UGA?

• Total voters

madbamahater

With the 3rd down defensive woes, should UT flop a record amount of times? Especially on 2nd downs to give the defense a little breather each time? Could this be a strategy used agaisnt UGA? Currently it is not agaisnt the rules to flop.....

Why?

Georgia is 126th in plays per game.

That means it’s going to run slow as is……..I doubt Tennessee would “want” to slow things down further.

Reactions: TDawg
Only if they do. Which I don't see them doing but hey ya never know. This offense will affect their big dline IF we can get some 1st downs

IMHO the rule needs to be changed so that the "injured" player has to stay out for the entire series and also that no substitutions can be made unless the offense substitutes players. That would eliminate most of the flopping. People smarter than me need to take a hard look at this and come up with a solution.

They really need to figure out how to wrangle that crap in. I like the idea of...if you flop (injury or not) you must sit out that series and can not come back in until after. It would be for the players safety.

I keep hearing that but how do you prove it's not a real injury? So you would need to make any injury , fake or real to sit a series.
Let's look at this example, your QB get's nicked and has to leave the game. Now he has to sit an entire series?

I don't know the answer but we have to figure it out. It's bush league.
When I was a young man it would have most likely provoked a fight.

Reactions: DickeyD and TCNC53
What a ridiculous question OP. We sit here at criticize teams for doing that to slow down our high-paced offense, and now you're asking if we should do it? Good grief. :rolleyes:

I hope we tire out GA defense so much that they flop more than Ole Miss did.

I would be shocked if UGA's D flopped, that would be an admission they are struggling. Think they have too much pride for that. However, if our O can get them to start flopping in 2nd half we are having a good day against them.

Reactions: savannahfan
Our defense has played 101 plays one game (?) and 99 plays another. I think they're probably getting conditioned to being out there. By the end of the season, they won't even break a sweat during the game.

We play till we drop,we don't flop to slow down anyone.May have less depth or talent,but,we wil not chickens..t on any game.

UGA is not a tempo offense, actually they would prefer to keep pounding and chew up all the clock they can, so what advantage would it give us by 'flopping' other than slowing down the clock to give our offense more opportunities?

If Georgia flops against us, even if they win, they deserve to flop right out of the top 5. Doing that is not anywhere near the mark of a championship caliber team.

Reactions: wmcovol
Flopping is akin to sending a full time bench warmer in to start a fight with their best player so they both get ejected. It's bush league and should not be tolerated.

VN Store

Back