Poll: Should Jonathan Skrmetti sue the NCAA? (He did)

Poll: Should Jonathan Skrmetti sue the NCAA?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

madbamahater

Should the Attorney General of Tennessee take legal action against the NCAA very soon to protect the citizens and employees of his State?

At this rate it is beyond selective harassment.

I believe I know who one of the main persons and Universities is behind this whole thing.....

The NCAA is attempting to threaten and bully student athletes and employees in the state of Tennessee and their ability to earn income, which is clearly a violation of their rights.

This is also a clear attempt to bully and harass student athletes who are currently and actively pursuing their academic responsibilities this semester in an attempt to cause them harm related to academic and athletic success.

The whole thing is completely egregious and an abuse of power. If there are no rules to break, how do you investigate rule breaking? This is a complete witch hunt and targeted assault on students of the University of Tennessee, citizens and employees of our State.

'Good job buddy. always tell the truth.'

'**** you! you told the truth! We told you NOT to do that!'

I could be proven wrong down the road but I have been impressed by our Chancellor from early on. She does not seem to be the go along to get along type and will do what is right - in this case defend our great University. I believe they have met their match. She is not a push over. My money would be on us winning because of her and we all need to support her.

How do you retroactively punish someone for rule breaking when there were no rules broken? I mean literally how?
There were rules broken supposedly. We were doing the same thing every other collective was doing. But, we had some loud mouth people basically bragging about what they did to get Nico here, and the NCAA got involved.

The football program was not allowed to have any contact or coordination with Spyre prior to 2023. Nico was being recruited before the rules changed, and the football program was coordinating with Spyre. Hence the issue. It’s legal now since the rule changed, but was illegal then. But, if they start looking, everyone was doing it, which is why the rule changed

I think a state AG should concentrate on fulfilling his or her regular duties first.

I understand though, that they are politicians and may not be able to resist ganging up on the NCAA for the popularity.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
There were rules broken supposedly. We were doing the same thing every other collective was doing. But, we had some loud mouth people basically bragging about what they did to get Nico here, and the NCAA got involved.

The football program was not allowed to have any contact or coordination with Spyre prior to 2023. Nico was being recruited before the rules changed, and the football program was coordinating with Spyre. Hence the issue. It’s legal now since the rule changed, but was illegal then. But, if they start looking, everyone was doing it, which is why the rule changed
What specific rules are you stating the university knowingly broke? The Chancellor stated no rules were broken.....

I think a state AG should concentrate on fulfilling his or her regular duties first.

I understand though, that they are politicians and may not be able to resist ganging up on the NCAA for the popularity.
Protecting the rights of citizens of his state to earn a living is not fulfilling his duties to his citizens? I think this is obligation of his....

A presumption of innocence should be awarded to the University and its student athletes. The NCAA is slandering and besmirching all entities, which is harmful to their brand(s) at a minimum.

What specific rules are you stating the university knowingly broke? The Chancellor stated no rules were broken.....
We’re already on probation. We have to say that. We did the same thing several other collectives did, but it was still illegal under the rules.

Same with FSU, the staffer drove a recruit to see the collective so they could work out a deal. And they just got hit with pretty hefty penalties.

It’s like speeding, sure everyone is speeding, but if you are the only one that gets pulled over, you were still doing something illegal.

We’re already on probation. We have to say that. We did the same thing several other collectives did, but it was still illegal under the rules.

Same with FSU, the staffer drove a recruit to see the collective so they could work out a deal. And they just got hit with pretty hefty penalties.

It’s like speeding, sure everyone is speeding, but if you are the only one that gets pulled over, you were still doing something illegal.
Tennessee was dealing with probation from a previous coaching staff and AD, which has nothing to do with the current staff and AD. UT was praised for how they handled the entire situation.

You still aren't telling me what the UT admin did, or the coaching staff did that is in violation of any rules.

Someone on the staff was coordinating communication, offers, and transportation arrangements between the coaches and Spyre is the allegation. Which was illegal then

That has not been proven
Which is why I said it was the “allegation”

That’s what they got FSU for basically. And I’m sure they’re gonna hit several other programs. It makes me wonder if they’re trying to piss everyone off so they become their own semi pro league and they can collectively bargain and set salary caps

Reactions: rgvol
One of my favorite magazine covers from National Lampoon was their crime issue. Seems this is similar.
NATIONAL LAMPOON - Etsy | National lampoons, National lampoon ...
NATIONAL LAMPOON - Etsy | National lampoons, National lampoon ...

Someone on the staff was coordinating communication, offers, and transportation arrangements between the coaches and Spyre is the allegation. Which was illegal then
That may be the allegation, although I have not heard that. Perhaps you are connected? I believe I read that university staff, including coaches, can be involved with these things and even as far as appearing at events that benefit a players NIL, but just can't directly contribute "cash" to the collective.

Isn't it also state law in Tennessee?

The NCAA has told congress to do something about NIL. Congress keeps doing nothing, so, I think the NCAA is trying to force their hand.

Fine, you won’t make any rules, we’ll dish out punishment and force congress to get involved. I’m guessing they hit Ohio, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, California, Oklahoma, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Oregon, etc until these congress people have to take action or the super league forms

That may be the allegation, although I have not heard that. Perhaps you are connected? I believe I read that university staff, including coaches, can be involved with these things and even as far as appearing at events that benefit a players NIL, but just can't directly contribute "cash" to the collective.

Isn't it also state law in Tennessee?
It is now, but it was not in 2022. That’s what they’re going after people for.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

If that is indeed the case, then why did Plowman state “Not one University of Tennessee employee has been named as committing any NIL violation” in her letter. It seems that if there was someone doing such coordination, that a staffer would have been named in their allegations.

VN Store

Back