Poll: Replace Pruitt or Major Staff Changes?

Poll: Replace Pruitt or Major Staff Changes?

• Replace Pruitt

Votes: 286 78.8%
  • Pruitt Replace Staff

Votes: 77 21.2%

• Total voters

madbamahater

An overhaul of the staff by Pruitt would cause a similar effect to completely starting over, without starting over, for the roster.

Why not just completely start over with an entire new staff, including the head position?

I get continuity, but there isn't any. How will there be any if Pruitt just replaces a lot of his staff?

The only reason for Pruitt to fire a bunch of people and bring in new ones, is if he was having major issues and power strugggles within. But, Pruitt has shown zero signs of having the ability lead at the top position and appears to be the main problem.

Also, these are Pruitt hires. What in the world gives hope that any new hires will be the right hires, if he's blaming the staff that he hired?

I seriously doubt the recent loss of top commitments is due to Pruitt's staff, but rather Pruitt and the state of the program. His program.

The most telling sign to me is the complete regression of many players on the roster. There were several that looked like future stars at the next level last season, but they have completely disappeared this year. Their abilities haven't disappeared, but they are lost and have no direction.

I voted replace staff, I feel like Pruitt gave up to much coaching ability for recruiting ability last year with the staff changes. Because of this the players have regressed this year. He needs a new OL, DL, LB, QB coach. I am undecided on the DB coach. The DB's have been not as good this year but with covid, players hurt and out the DB's have moved around all year and never settled in.

ONLY get rid of Pruitt is if Freeze was locked and loaded. Chaney has not forgotten how to coach. He is asked to run a machine with no motor. As far as the defense goes you can send them all to the house, in my opinion. Believe me I'm not taking up for JP but I do remember when everyone said "well this year doesn't count for him" because he was hired so near signing day.

I voted replace Pruitt. I just wonder what this season would of been like it he replaced JG with Bailey during the Kentucky game when we still had a chance to come back and then play him the rest of the season. We will never know!

Reactions: WhenUrVolUrVFL
If you choose either, without really believing that that particular thing is the real issue, then it's a foolish choice. I chose replace Pruitt, because the evidence is overwhelming that he's much more of a problem than his staff.

I voted replace staff, I feel like Pruitt gave up to much coaching ability for recruiting ability last year with the staff changes. Because of this the players have regressed this year. He needs a new OL, DL, LB, QB coach. I am undecided on the DB coach. The DB's have been not as good this year but with covid, players hurt and out the DB's have moved around all year and never settled in.
Willie Mack Garza perhaps? Was here under Kiffin.

91% of the votes going for replacing Pruitt, but I can’t help but wonder if those folks (me included, because I voted to replace him) would feel the same if they knew our next hire would be another coordinator with little to no head coaching experience.

Reactions: ugg and VolBricks
I'm not real impressed with his recruiting either. Firing would be the right thing to do if Fulmer hadn't give him a extension. Staff changes usually doesn't move the needle. His body of work and the body language of this team says it all. They seem to be about as fired up as i am about a root canal.

91% of the votes going for replacing Pruitt, but I can’t help but wonder if those folks (me included, because I voted to replace him) would feel the same if they knew our next hire would be another coordinator with little to no head coaching experience.

When something isn't working you change directions. Pruitt is a known commodity (the Georgia State loss wasn't an anomoly, nor is getting the brakes beat off us by any team with a pulse). You can either settle for that and hope he turns into something different. Or, you can try something different and hope it turns out better.

if you vote to get rid of Pruitt, that also means major staff changes
Correct, and the reason we might as well swap out the #1 position as well ... especially given his stubborn support of JG and inability to recognize the problem and at a minimum transfer in a serviceable JC QB until HB or someone else gets coached up enough to be able to play at a winning SEC QB level ... at least against the KY's, Arkys and AU's of the SEC

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If you vote for Pruitt to overhaul his staff, please explain your position.
Its opinion and finances. Pruitt has millions in buyouts why assistants don't. If he has the connections and won't hire friends then he needs to hire coaches who can coach and not just recruiters. Winning and TN sells itself. Get rid of the DC, OL coach, QB coach, Secondary coach and we should be good since we already fired the DL coach. Thats four coaches with minimal buyouts paid.

VN Store

Back