Poll: Reasons for our offensive woes

What offensive position were you LEAST satisfied with?

• OL

Votes: 32 10.4%
  • WR

Votes: 109 35.3%
  • TE

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • QB

Votes: 165 53.4%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

keenobserver

Discussing this topic with another poster, I wanted to make sure I wasn't the one who has lost his mind.

Setting aside the fact that we know playing bad defense can almost always be a reason for bad offense, I wanted to see which position groups on offense volnation was most/least satisfied with.

I'll assume those with the least amount of votes are the ones fans were most satisfied with.

Qb play was in consistent all year. But wr group wasn’t much better. Losing bru hurt but overall the group did not play great. Squirrel being the one guy who seemed to play pretty well. I had high hopes for ramel this year but it just didn’t work out for whatever reason.

Really good to great QBs assist in making patchwork offensive lines look good. They make average offensive lines look good. Heupel understands that concept, having played the position at a high level. His offensive scheme also opens the running game. He knows how to scheme downfield blockers. Milton has some great natural attributes, but lacks in keenness of situational awareness. For a QB to flourish in Heupel 's offense, having situational awareness is key to being ultra successful

NONE of the above. I think it is a combination of OC that left. I really think Golesh was a really good play caller tabled that with Hooker and you had a dream offensive season that I don't think they will ever re create...IMO

NONE of the above. I think it is a combination of OC that left. I really think Golesh was a really good play caller tabled that with Hooker and you had a dream offensive season that I don't think they will ever re create...IMO
I think people underestimate how much easier hooker made the OCs job.

Several times I heard on short yardage plays that HH ran to
The line last year and ran a play without looking to sidelines.

To an earlier post he had that situational awareness and he will be a coach one day. HH has it going on between the ears.

How are we separating the offense into bits? All of it needs to upper echelon or we are NEVER winning the SEC. All of it. The entire unit. And this year none of it was.

What I was most satisfied with however was the fact that now everyone can clearly see how hard it is to duplicate success, and that those who are successful repeatedly deserve the utmost respect for that repeated success.

Reactions: FollowTheLeader
Qb play was in consistent all year. But wr group wasn’t much better. Losing bru hurt but overall the group did not play great. Squirrel being the one guy who seemed to play pretty well. I had high hopes for ramel this year but it just didn’t work out for whatever reason.
Milton failure to connect on long passes (part WR problem too) was, to me, the big disconnect. But, think JH knew that and pivoted to run heavy offense. Squirrel is legit, but not WR1 threat every week to take over a game. Offensive was way off last year pace which hid alot of sins. If we had legit top 2-3 SEC D, and had offense production we had this year, we stood chance to have only 2 losses.

I think people underestimate how much easier hooker made the OCs job.

Several times I heard on short yardage plays that HH ran to
The line last year and ran a play without looking to sidelines.

To an earlier post he had that situational awareness and he will be a coach one day. HH has it going on between the ears.
Same with Dobbs

Quarterback play and wide receiver by a wide margin. Squirrel is a nice WR2 or WR3 but not a true number one guy. The only real playmaker they had at receiver this year was playing out of position for 3/4 of the year before he got hurt.

The offense should be better in 24. With the offensive line probably all coming back, a quicker decision maker at quarterback and the development of the young receivers, I think we should take a step forward. Joey Halzle should improve in his second year as a coordinator as well. There were a lot of new parts to this year’s offense and it looked like it.

Weird Poll and kind of shows how we like to oversimplify. It was no single position groups fault. Out side of running backs every unit could have played better. I think it was a combination of new OC, Teams having a lot of film on us, weird calls messing with offensive rhythm, injuries at WR and OL Joe being inconsistent. I think a lot of little things came together to make it not the best season. But compared to the past 15 or so years.. there are about 4 offenses id take over this one all of them lead by Dobbs or Hooker.

VN Store

Back