Poll on 2020 NCAAF Season

If The 2020 NCAAF Season Begins, This Will Happen:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VolinVonore said " It is too early to speculate. "

The heck it is I say. We got threads guessing how many wins we gonna have and who's gonna win the Heisman, so why can't we speculate as to whether or not we even play and if we do, what will be the outcome?

Go Vols - beat someone, anyone!!!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Didn't read all the posts, but I picked "other". I think they'll begin, perhaps play a few games, big outbreak of COVID will occur combined with regular flu season, then they'll cancel the remainder of the season.

Perhaps it's because of the state of things the past few months, but I find myself becoming more of a pessimist.

Wear a mask. Pray. Practice social distancing is really all we can do.

Didn't read all the posts, but I picked "other". I think they'll begin, perhaps play a few games, big outbreak of COVID will occur combined with regular flu season, then they'll cancel the remainder of the season.

Perhaps it's because of the state of things the past few months, but I find myself becoming more of a pessimist.

Wear a mask. Pray. Practice social distancing is really all we can do.

I've been reading the posts on here for awhile and I'll just say this.....unless you have been personally affected with family or friends being hospitalized with this virus, it's for real. Posts saying it's just like the flu are so misinformed. Posts saying it really only affects the old are misinformed. My bro in law, age 42 and in perfect health, contracted the virus and was intubated for 5 weeks. Thank God he recovered, Seems to me(and flame away, don't give a s**t) that some posters on here are most concerned that we play football whatever the consequences. I am high risk but understand the younger population feeling invincible, I was young once.

Clemson is doing it the right way. They have over 40 players test positive to date.

They've seemingly invited multiple Covid19 folks to hang out with them in the weight/training rooms, dining hall, sleeping dorms and locker room to infect as many players as possible before the season starts.

My prediction is 2020 National Champs as they will not have a player miss a start due to having had everyone contract Covid19 prior to the season and herd immunity develop.

These players are strong and have the best medical people at their disposal. Treat it like parents used to treat the chicken pox and throw them all in a room together and have the doctors and nurses on standby.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I've been reading the posts on here for awhile and I'll just say this.....unless you have been personally affected with family or friends being hospitalized with this virus, it's for real. Posts saying it's just like the flu are so misinformed. Posts saying it really only affects the old are misinformed. My bro in law, age 42 and in perfect health, contracted the virus and was intubated for 5 weeks. Thank God he recovered, Seems to me(and flame away, don't give a s**t) that some posters on here are most concerned that we play football whatever the consequences. I am high risk but understand the younger population feeling invincible, I was young once.

Did you respond to my post because you think I said Covid was like the flu? I definitely dont think that because....science says its not. I said I predicted the season would be canceled due to Covid combined with regular flu season.

I'm not smart enough to know whether we should play the season or not. I try to base my conclusions on what the CDC recommends and it looks like they still are trying to figure it out.

My heart and prayers go out to your family and brother in law. I'm thankful you said he has recovered.

I think you either read my post the wrong way or you were responding to previous posters?

Did you respond to my post because you think I said Covid was like the flu? I definitely dont think that because....science says its not. I said I predicted the season would be canceled due to Covid combined with regular flu season.

I'm not smart enough to know whether we should play the season or not. I try to base my conclusions on what the CDC recommends and it looks like they still are trying to figure it out.

My heart and prayers go out to your family and brother in law. I'm thankful you said he has recovered.

I think you either read my post the wrong way or you were responding to previous posters?
Yes, keeno. My response was meant to another poster. Apologies. GBO.

Based on what? The virus being over by February ? The New Rushed Vaccine stopping it cold? The new rushed vaccine actually working? A sudden breakthrough in treatment and curing covid? JUST Take temps at the gates, Require masks, and test Players and Coaching personnel . Temps over 99 get pulled aside, and you carry on as usual. IF you are infected, you Will have a temp. 100%. Once again, the death rate is .01. Not a pandemic worthy of shutting everything down.
That would be the rational way to handle this 10 years ago. But now the litigation is too much of a risk for any institution to gamble.

Thanks for explaining. Again, colleges and universities cannot and should not be so dependent on what amounts to professional entertainment for their financial health. Look at the quandary they are in. I am speaking about all higher education, not just UT. That said, there has to be a remediation plan for now given schools are so dependent on the revenue. The only choice they may have is to push the season into spring and hope for a breakthrough solution to this virus.
My understanding is that at most colleges and universities, sports are AT BEST revenue neutral. At some power 5 schools, the AD contributes something the academic side, but generally not a whole lot. The problem is that at most schools, football, and to a lesser extent men's basketball revenues, pay for all of the other sports. By design, AD budgets run on a annual cycle. Very little revenue is "banked" for future seasons. Why? What I understand is that no school wants to have a big surplus in its AD budget, because doing so naturally lends itself to the narrative that the school is profiting from unpaid student athletes, and thus student athletes should get monetary compensation. So now, when something like covid threatens to upend just a single season, the ADs are out of money. For everything.

The virus is one thing...where do you play your championship games and bowl games? Atlanta is on fire. Killings,riots,a clueless mayor that has lost control of this city. I live close to the city and I can tell you it’s not ready for an SEC championship game, Peach Bowl or any other gathering. Wake up! College football will not happen this year and maybe not even next season due to the unrest and political atmosphere in this nation. Atlanta is just one example. Look at other cities that have unrest. Such a terrible situation happening to a great game.

Well, I mean....change our minds...

Not about to get into my personal experiences with the virus. Will just say that 4 former family members(by marriage) have died. Friends husband in SC is now intubated and will hopefully recover. Most on here with lackadaisical attitudes have not be personally affected.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
Not about to get into my personal experiences with the virus. Will just say that 4 former family members(by marriage) have died. Friends husband in SC is now intubated and will hopefully recover. Most on here with lackadaisical attitudes have not be personally affected.
I don’t believe you.

Reactions: FBtime
This poll is based entirely on the assumption that the NCAAF agrees to play games this Fall (either full or shortened). If you are convinced that the NCAAF is going to cancel the entire season, than please don't answer the poll, as this is an Optimist's Poll with a touch of reality tossed in. Go Vols!
You should have an option the season will be delayed to late winter/early spring 2021. That is the trending news today.

VN Store

Back