POLL - Is tonight Grant's last game in TBA?

Is tonight Grant's last game in TBA?

• Yes

Votes: 59 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 236 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trae Young could move to shooting guard if the Hawks draft a point guard and I think Williams and Bone stay for their senior seasons along with Bowden.

Grant was raised in an academic environment. If I'm not mistaken, he has already completed his undergraduate degree and is working on his masters. He's having too much fun in college. He knows that to compete in the NBA he has much work to do on his 3 pt shot just like Admiral did this past off season. He also knows that the shelf life of a player his size isn't that long in the NBA. He was raised right and doesn't have the pressure on his shoulders to take care of his family financially like so many early entries do. His stock isn't going to diminish over the next year. He'll be having his Peyton moment at a press conference in the near future when he announces his return for his senior year. He's too smart and well loved to do anything but return to extend the most enjoyable time of his life. And, he probably wants to play basketball with the future vols who haven't even seen the court yet. Grant Williams isn't going anywhere early!

Grant was raised in an academic environment. If I'm not mistaken, he has already completed his undergraduate degree and is working on his masters. He's having too much fun in college. He knows that to compete in the NBA he has much work to do on his 3 pt shot just like Admiral did this past off season. He also knows that the shelf life of a player his size isn't that long in the NBA. He was raised right and doesn't have the pressure on his shoulders to take care of his family financially like so many early entries do. His stock isn't going to diminish over the next year. He'll be having his Peyton moment at a press conference in the near future when he announces his return for his senior year. He's too smart and well loved to do anything but return to extend the most enjoyable time of his life. And, he probably wants to play basketball with the future vols who haven't even seen the court yet. Grant Williams isn't going anywhere early!

I hope you are correct. I fear you're wrong.

I think GW will enter the draft like the Admiral did last year, do his evaluations, and make his decision. He posesses a higher intelligence level than 99.9% of the posters on this board (and 100% of the non Vol trolls) and will do what is in his best interest. Just call me Capt. Obvious.

I said no, but for selfish reasons. I think he does the same thing admiral did.

Do y'all think Tennessee goes to the NCAA Tournament or the NIT in 2020 if both Admiral and Grant leave? I think Tennessee will be rebuilding and will wind up in the NIT but I hope I'm wrong.

I want them all to have the best most successful lives they can. They have the highest standards and are all great athletes. Thank you for everything!!!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Trae Young could move to shooting guard if the Hawks draft a point guard and I think Williams and Bone stay for their senior seasons along with Bowden.

Young's going to be one of the best passers in the NBA. Passing is probably his best skill, actually. I don't think you want to take the ball out of his hands. He's averaging 11.7 assists per 100 possessions....only 3 other rookies have done that in the last 20 years (Simmons, CP3, and Jamal Tinsley).

Last edited:
Williams could be become a Draymond Green type player.

Might be too short for PF in the NBA.

I think he has potential to surprise some people, but the most likely pathway to success for him is to model his game after PJ Tucker, who is not a star, but has a lot of value in the modern NBA.

Love me some Grant, favorite player hands down. But he's not ready for the NBA. Don't know if he would be even after next season. Doubt he leaves early or transfers.
I agree with all said. I really think he is a NBA tweener. He has to have a great outside shot which he may develop . He is not slow but not quick and not really big enough to play inside with an NBA schedule. JMHO as always!

I agree with all said. I really think he is a NBA tweener. He has to have a great outside shot which he may develop . He is not slow but not quick and not really big enough to play inside with an NBA schedule. JMHO as always!

His wingspan will matter a lot. Anybody know what it is? It's OK to be a tweener these days, he just needs to be quick enough to defend on switches and he'll be fine.

His wingspan will matter a lot. Anybody know what it is? It's OK to be a tweener these days, he just needs to be quick enough to defend on switches and he'll be fine.
Cant shoot the 3 now and still a tweener. Will not ever be quick. You have an opinion as do I!

I'm seeing 6' 11" wingspan, who knows how accurate that is, but if it is, that's a good sign.

Cant shoot the 3 now and still a tweener. Will not ever be quick. You have an opinion as do I!

He's shooting 83% from the FT line, which is a better predictor of NBA 3 point shooting success than college 3 point shooting is. PJ Tucker shot four 3's his entire college career and had a worse FT % than Williams, and he's a good NBA 3 point shooter.

You can improve your footwork. Rudy Gobert is 27 and his footwork this year is noticeably better than last year. Lonzo was getting killed in college for his D and 2 years later he's considered a very good defender.

Reactions: Stoked
He gone. He's showing up on all of the new mock drafts now as a late 1st round pick. Coming back for an extra year won't make him a lottery pick. I heard somewhere that he'll be able to graduate this year. I just don't see the upside for him coming back next year? I hope he comes back, but I just don't see it now. At the beginning of the year I thought he'd be back for sure.
This is kinda where I'm at. My heart says he'll come back, but my head says his stock will likely never be higher.

He needs the right fit. I think he'd be a really good fit in Milwaukee. If he's drafted by a poorly ran/coached organization (Grizzlies), then Grant's chances of having a successful career decrease significantly...

He's shooting 83% from the FT line, which is a better predictor of NBA 3 point shooting success than college 3 point shooting is. PJ Tucker shot four 3's his entire college career and had a worse FT % than Williams, and he's a good NBA 3 point shooter.

You can improve your footwork. Rudy Gobert is 27 and his footwork this year is noticeably better than last year. Lonzo was getting killed in college for his D and 2 years later he's considered a very good defender.
To tie in with what you're saying, it all depends on how coaches think he can develop in the NBA. His size and current skillset don't translate to the NBA game, but those coaches and trainers most definitely can work miracles. These are the reasons I find it difficult to see him securely on a roster, but can't say there's no possibility.

Grant reminds me a lot of Charles Barkley
Grant Williams much better athlete than Barkley and 3 times as smart , GW game looks like Adrian Dantley, great player gets shot off guarded by taller players
knows how use body to shield defenders and plays great defense ...……...GO VOLS

VN Store

Back