Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 361 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 688 65.8%

• Total voters
I still think he shouldn't have survived Georgia State, but he will be here through at least December/January 2021 but probably longer as long as he doesn't get in NCAA/off the field trouble or loses out this year and starts out 0-4 next year.

We are married to him right now though so even if I don't like him I have to hope he can get a clue and turn things around.

The fact that even after losing at home to UK 34-7, that 59% of us (myself included ) voted "no" should say a lot. Give the man at least a season where he's able to field a team consisting of 4 of his own recruiting classes. So far he only has 2 "true" classes of his own. It's no wonder that Georgia and a 8-year coach in Stoops at Kentucky beat us.

Not yet but hes back on the clock.

The QB management in year 3 is still the single biggest problem. Its a dead horse but it can't be overemphasized. Honestly, have improved everywhere else from even he got here.

The recent answer of "JG is the best option we have" is just not gonna work anymore. The following question has to be, why?

Long term he isn't going anywhere. Between covid, AD finances, and Fulmer its just not happening anytime soon. He needs to get it figured out. We dont have a problem firing a coach.......its what happens after that.

Was never all in anyway. Hoped he would do good but its becoming obvious he will blow 1 or 2 “should” wins a year.

Who knows. It took Dabo a few years to get rolling. I’m holding out there is a chance he is still learning.

The fact that even after losing at home to UK 34-7, that 59% of us (myself included ) voted "no" should say a lot. Give the man at least a season where he's able to field a team consisting of 4 of his own recruiting classes. So far he only has 2 "true" classes of his own. It's no wonder that Georgia and a 8-year coach in Stoops at Kentucky beat us.

I’m not saying fire Pruitt, but if a coach needs four recruiting cycles to get “his” players so his team doesn’t lose 34-7 to Kentucky, then he’s probably not the guy

I hated the hire then and I hate it now. Tired, sick and over these second hand crap coach leftovers. Hire a real damn football coach. A proven winner. Pllllleeeeaaaasssseeee!

If we wait like we did with Butch Jones—it makes it impossible for the next guy. We have talent now.

Fire him now and get on with it. Obviously any decent head coach with any sort of football IQ would not have started Guarantano LAST YEAR...much less this year.

Fire him now.

Reactions: orangealways
I’m not saying fire Pruitt, but if a coach needs four recruiting cycles to get “his” players so his team doesn’t lose 34-7 to Kentucky, then he’s probably not the guy

This. Pruitt isn't going anywhere after this season regardless of what happens due to the financial difficulties the pandemic has presented, but the pressure should be on in 2021 if things don't turn around very fast.

If he's gonna continue to be married to Wenke and JG,, then yeah I'm done. JG needs to be holding a clipboard the rest of the season. Let the young guys play it out on the field for who gets to be the QB next year.
This.
Fire Weinke, or let him know he has about a month to get some QB in there that can get first downs and points.
Let JG play against BAMA, then let Bailey start against the more equal teams, and build for the future. This Oline can protect him. Change the offense to be what he does well and I think we have a better chance to win.
JG's performance gives me no sense of the ability of the WRs. If they suck, too. Put Tee on notice. I don't think they are open. I suspect they are part of the problem, but let's fix QB a bit so we know better what we have.
Fulmer will resist blaming Tee, but I think he will be more pragmatic than he was 12 yrs ago as head coach. If it doesn't get a lot better soon, some fat heads need to roll.

One of the more bizarre statements the commentators said today was after the Sunday practice Pruitt said, Wow, we have about 26 players that can play this game.” This is news to him? Doesn’t he know who he recruited and their talent level?

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
After today, I'm getting pretty dang close.

There are 2 teams a Tennessee head coach should not lose to. Vandy and UK. Pruitt has already lost to both of them.

At this point, the season is over, if he does not completely go away from JG and take his lumps with Bailey, I'll go on the record and say he's gone after next year. His hard headedness will be too much to overcome.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Never been a fan and he has done nothing to convince me yet.

The 8 game win streak is his high water mark but I expect more from the program than scraping by Indiana and Vandy.

VN Store

Back