Poll: Alabama vs. Oregon for the National Championship: Who Wins?

If Alabama and Oregon meet in the National Championship game, who will win?

• Total voters
Awburn and LSWho have already shown what SEC defenses do to Oregon's high flying, break neck speed offense. I'll revisit this thread after shmucks and Stanford play.

Reactions: 1 person
Dear god let it be anyone other then freaking bama. I hate so much that they are the top team in the land every single season. I don't pull for the sec to win bowls and I could care less about bama winning just because they are an sec team. I would not blink or shed any tears if bama never won another game of football. I hate that town, that state, their symbols, their roll tide roll chants, their tide box toilet paper hats, their bear hats, their white trash fanbase, their dumb*** elephant, lynard skynard and that godforsaken song, etc. So in other words I will cheer for the opposition whether it be oregon or any other team. I would be happy if bama wasn't even chosen to play in the game to be honest. At this point fsu and oregon would be more fun to watch.

All that said, the orange team lost again this year, and looked even worse that last year.

I hate to say it. Believe me I do.

But currently Bama is the only DYNASTY In College football. Until someone knocks them down. They are and should be the favorite for any particular game.

question was who wins. not who would be the favorite.

I voted for oregon because I hate the bammers and I think oregon has enough weapons and a scheme that would give bama trouble

It's the opposite side of the same coin. Bama.

I used records for 1993 through 2012 because 20 years is a nice round number and it basically covers the entire lives of most college football players.

Yea, I guess winning more games over the last 20 years than any other team in your conference is a "flash in the pan" team. Oregon has won 71% of it's games over that period. Ranking 9th in the country and first in the PAC-12.

Alabama ranks 24th while winning 62.5% of it's games. SEC teams with better records over the last 20 years include Florida, Georgia, Tenn, LSU and Auburn. Putting Alabama 6th in their own conference.

Sure Alabama has had recent success and needs to be congratulated for that, however, they should perform more consistently before calling another team a flash in the pan.

I don't recall him calling Oregon a "Flash in the pan". He simply stated it was not a dynasty, and he is right. If you want a dynasty you should be recognized for Championships, not winning percentages.

I used records for 1993 through 2012 because 20 years is a nice round number and it basically covers the entire lives of most college football players.

Yea, I guess winning more games over the last 20 years than any other team in your conference is a "flash in the pan" team. Oregon has won 71% of it's games over that period. Ranking 9th in the country and first in the PAC-12.

Alabama ranks 24th while winning 62.5% of it's games. SEC teams with better records over the last 20 years include Florida, Georgia, Tenn, LSU and Auburn. Putting Alabama 6th in their own conference.

Sure Alabama has had recent success and needs to be congratulated for that, however, they should perform more consistently before calling another team a flash in the pan.

I never called the Ducks a flash in the pan. Lets not compare success though, Bama has a pretty decent history. We play schedules that aren't close to being comparable, could a one loss Oregon play for a title? I think Oregon is a great football team I just think Bama is better. I guess if Bama and Oregon make it to Pasedena, we will find out who the best team is on the field.:hi:

You just proved Dude's point: You're legends in your own mind because you have NO National Championships in--well, forever!

Now, just how many NC does the SEC have over the same time period??? And does the SEC have a tiebreaker where they went head to head with the Quacks and won a NC? Well, yes......Game, set, and match....nice try, junior.....no go back to the left coast and keep whining.....:salute:

Man, not picking on you--but you make it too easy. First of all--let's compare the winningest programs in all of NCAA history since the beginning: Where is Oregon on that list??? Tied for 64th with 604 wins according to Wiki.....How many SEC teams ahead of you???

Your career winning percentage is 53.8% (604-471-46)--that puts you below NINE other SEC teams--NINE!

Bowl games: you've played in 26 bowl games and have won 40%...

Nine other SEC schools (that's right, 9) have played in more bowl games and have better records in the bowls:

Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, and Tennessee.

So, relatively speaking, you may not be a "flash-in-the pan" but your are definitely a "johnny-come-lately." We'll see if you stick around. 'Nuff said.... :loco:

Awburn and LSWho have already shown what SEC defenses do to Oregon's high flying, break neck speed offense. I'll revisit this thread after shmucks and Stanford play.

Just eggsactly how I had it figured.......

Yea that was pretty ugly. The Ducks looked horrible. Stanford did a great job against the Ducks.

How about going back five years? That's more recent. How does Bama stack up then?

Duck, you guys play Pac 12 (or is it ten or five or what now?), and it's not as competitive. You can win as many games as you wish out on the left coast. Your teams still suck.

How about going back five years? That's more recent. How does Bama stack up then?

Duck, you guys play Pac 12 (or is it ten or five or what now?), and it's not as competitive. You can win as many games as you wish out on the left coast. Your teams still suck.

No they don't.

Reactions: 3 people
The Ducks def don't suck. They just can't seem to get past a team that punches them in the mouth. Hard to win a game like that when your defense cant get off the field. That highly touted defense was pathetic at best.

VN Store

Back