Please post your Google Coaches here to consolidate all the the potential replacements for Pruitt.

Bill Napier Louisiana
Will Healy Charlotte

Marvin Lewis DC Arizona St. He's not really a Google coach and I doubt he'd be a candidate here, but it still floors me a guy with that NFL resume is a college DC.
There’s a reason for that

Tom Arth

He’s young

He’s certainly a “google” coach.

And I promise he’s got nowhere to go but up.
If things go south between Fulmer/Pruitt and the boosters, I could honestly see Tennessee hiring Jamey Chadwell.
GBO!!

Bill Napier Louisiana
Will Healy Charlotte

Marvin Lewis DC Arizona St. He's not really a Google coach and I doubt he'd be a candidate here, but it still floors me a guy with that NFL resume is a college DC.

Billy Napier can Coach

Reactions: UTwild82
Bill Napier Louisiana
Will Healy Charlotte

How about Steve Spurrier's son coaching at Miss. State?

You probably still talk about the coup against Majors. Coup against Currie? LOL!

Currie was associate athletic director and pushed for Fulmer's firing back in 2008 and Fulmer was a consultant while Currie as AD was looking for a replacement head coach in 2017. Fulmer was actively sabotaging that process and pushed to be the replacement for Currie. He's a toxic character who has absolutely no business as AD. He gave Pruitt a raise and extension when no-one was going to hire him away and recently it was reported that he quietly got an extension himself all the way back in May. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
Need to kick Fulmer to the curb before any of these dream coaches everyone wants would even consider coming here. Not that Currie was a defensible character but Fulmer's coup was a really bad look. What serious, experienced, winning P5 head coaching candidate would want to work in an environment like that? Outside of maybe Freeze who is damaged goods himself the only candidates who would probably consider the UT coaching job are the inexperienced and up and comers we'd need faith in that everyone is tired of taking chances on. That's reality but even more than that Pruitt won't be going anywhere any time soon. It's just not going to happen.
I agree with you on the Fulmer coup damaging the program's reputation. But at least you have to say he is consistent.

Reactions: CR-vol
Based on past experience I expect one of the following.

Jerald Osborne, son of Tom Osborne. No known football experience, won the lottery once.

Chris Creighton, Head Coach of Eastern Michigan. Current record: 28-47

Chris Partridge, one of two active (and four paid) defensive coordinators at Ole Miss.

VN Store

Back