Please Don’t Shoot the Messenger

Let's hope these quitters aren't on our team this year.

I would imagine that CJP would show them the door or if still on the team, they would be told to take a seat ‘cause he has some PWOs that would give their all to be on scholarship.

Shamburger is one of them and he’s still here.

Shamburger may just be impressionable and not necessarily a cancer. All of us know people that are followers, he is young and may need better friends.

Pruit is a coach and I will let him decide who he can develop and who needs to go.

Regardless, we will all judge him on wins and losses.

Wasn't there a rumor like that night, maybe even in the game thread, that (I swear I think I remember this) some COACHES got into a fight?

Reactions: dduncan4163
I am so mad at the messenger right now. You might even say...mad enough to shoot him.
giphy.gif

The rumor back then was a number of the players had no interest in going to some minor bowl game and playing in the cold and having to continue to practice through the holidays and that game as well.
Most likely November 2019 will roll around with the team in a similar if not identical position. How will the cold extra month of practice look to this year's bunch?

Reactions: 08Vol
True or not the sooner this roster is flipped the better. I'm of the opinion that fans need to be patient and temper expectations until he can graduate his first class....which I consider to be last years class.

Not saying we shouldn't expect improvement, but it's hard to change a culture when you have a number of players you didn't recruit and who may not be buying in. Like building a structure you start with a foundation and build on it. Takes time.

Players that bought into Butch's sales pitch and were then subsequently conditioned to train/practice/play soft for three years didn't like manning up when Pruitt walked in.

I'm shocked.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
At halftime of Bama game, Pruitt basically said he couldn’t wait to get 25 of his guys in there. So I think it’s obvious at least that many didn’t buy into his system. Which would rub real competitors the wrong way and may lead to fights
He didn’t basically say it. He said it.

There were some issues in locker room, there always is after a coaching change. Players that were recruited by CBJ had been told things that they knew were no longer promised and that tends to erode their confidence and buy-in to what the new coach stands for. As far as the fight, that happens when you have a lot of Alpha males on a team and they don't see eye to eye. The ones who are bought in and want to see the team succeed will push harder through adversity while those who don't believe in the new coach will quit. There is also the issue that if they have not been held accountable from a character standpoint that their bad attitude will only be made worse by losing. The players that were all in must also have been frustrated at the end of a long season that had gone so poorly.

The most important part of all of this is the way that the team responds to these kinds of issues. The leaders on the team have to step up and overcome the issues that led to the fight and the disagreement. They leaders on the team are the ones that bring everyone back together to follow the coach and stick with the program. The coach can do a lot and is vital in the mentality of the team, but he cannot do it without the leaders of the team behind him. If CJP is as good as we all hope he has the hearts and minds of the team and they will come out stronger after the fight than they were before it. Sometimes guys need to fight and get over it to be stronger and work better afterward, it is the way that teams work sometimes.

There were some issues in locker room, there always is after a coaching change. Players that were recruited by CBJ had been told things that they knew were no longer promised and that tends to erode their confidence and buy-in to what the new coach stands for. As far as the fight, that happens when you have a lot of Alpha males on a team and they don't see eye to eye. The ones who are bought in and want to see the team succeed will push harder through adversity while those who don't believe in the new coach will quit. There is also the issue that if they have not been held accountable from a character standpoint that their bad attitude will only be made worse by losing. The players that were all in must also have been frustrated at the end of a long season that had gone so poorly.

The most important part of all of this is the way that the team responds to these kinds of issues. The leaders on the team have to step up and overcome the issues that led to the fight and the disagreement. They leaders on the team are the ones that bring everyone back together to follow the coach and stick with the program. The coach can do a lot and is vital in the mentality of the team, but he cannot do it without the leaders of the team behind him. If CJP is as good as we all hope he has the hearts and minds of the team and they will come out stronger after the fight than they were before it. Sometimes guys need to fight and get over it to be stronger and work better afterward, it is the way that teams work sometimes.
Is it just me, or are others anxious for the fate of those who makes rational, well written posts to the FF?

VN Store

Back