Please Don’t Shoot the Messenger

BoroVolFan

I was not aware of what I am about to share. This may be old news.

I went to my dentist today, who like me is a Tennessee graduate and fan, and he shared something I was not aware of. We were talking football, and he shared that his daughter dates one of the players. I will not share his name or position. I made the comment it was obvious some of the players just quit late in the season, i.e. Missouri and Vanderbilt. He shared the player told him there was a significant fight/scuffle in the dressing room after the Vanderbilt game. Said, several players commented “they just wanted to get this shite over with”.

Is anyone else aware of a dust up after the game?

Last edited:

I went to my dentist today, who like me is a Tennessee graduate and fan, and he shared something I was not aware of. We were talking football, and he shared that his daughter dates one of the players. I will not share his name or position. I made the comment it was obvious some of the players just quit late in the season, i.e. Missouri and Vanderbilt. He shared the player told him there was a significant fight/scuffle in the dressing room after the Vanderbilt game. Said, several players commented “they just wanted to get this shite over with”.

Well, it was no secret not everyone completely bought in to the new system. And a lot of those guys had probably never been worked nearly as hard under Butch's lax system as they had to under Pruitt and his staff, where they actually had to do S&C and do football 5 days a week rather than a couple of days.

I can see that happening. I agree with Fulmer that the team just simply ran out of gas at the end. They didn't play like a team that wanted to win so I could definitely see that being possible. In fact I'm sure it happens more than any of us will ever know throughout all teams.

Reactions: savannahfan

Positive development imo.

The rumor back then was a number of the players had no interest in going to some minor bowl game and playing in the cold and having to continue to practice through the holidays and that game as well.

Reactions: 08Vol

Pics of the daughter or it didn't happen....

Calling this a "rumor" would almost be an understatement here; some players explicitly acknowledged this happened after the Vandy game. What we don't necessarily know is which players "quit"; mostly speculation on that end.

At least some of them are gone now, though, and that's good.

At halftime of Bama game, Pruitt basically said he couldn’t wait to get 25 of his guys in there. So I think it’s obvious at least that many didn’t buy into his system. Which would rub real competitors the wrong way and may lead to fights
Oh and that pissed off some of our true fans too. I bet they still mad and as soon as Pruitt makes his first mistake for this season , we will all be reminded of it. Just watch.

The rumor back then was a number of the players had no interest in going to some minor bowl game and playing in the cold and having to continue to practice through the holidays and that game as well.

If there is any truth to that, then those particular players should have their scholarships pulled immediately.

VN Store

Back