Playoff

any playoff scenario where non conference champions are included just a beauty contest with more contestants.

I’m not so sure Minnesota doesn’t have a better resume than Clemson. They have some close wins against questionable opponents, but the PSU win is better than anything Clemson has and it isn’t close, plus Clemson has a struggle win against UNC to boot.

I think Minnesota should be #4 right now.
However, to talk about Clemson having one struggle win and ignoring Minnesota's struggle wins against North Dakota State, Fresno State, Georgia Southern, and Purdue is a double standard.

Clemson also has a won against a Top 25 team - TAMU - at the time they played them.

Clemson also hasn't allowed more than 20 points to any opponent this year, to be completely objective. They have scored at least 41 on every opponent except UNC and TAMU while playing over 100 players in home games and 70 or more in most of their road games. Name one other team in America that does that.

I wish the Vols were that good. Maybe we will be in 3 or 4 years if we can recruit lots of top talent like Fulmer did in the 1990's.

I’m not so sure Minnesota doesn’t have a better resume than Clemson. They have some close wins against questionable opponents, but the PSU win is better than anything Clemson has and it isn’t close, plus Clemson has a struggle win against UNC to boot.
They might have a better resume, but if Clemson and Minnesota played this weekend at a neutral site I strongly believe Clemson would be at least a 16 point favorite .

I think Minnesota should be #4 right now.
However, to talk about Clemson having one struggle win and ignoring Minnesota's struggle wins against North Dakota State, Fresno State, Georgia Southern, and Purdue is a double standard.

Clemson also has a won against a Top 25 team - TAMU - at the time they played them.

Clemson also hasn't allowed more than 20 points to any opponent this year, to be completely objective. They have scored at least 41 on every opponent except UNC and TAMU while playing over 100 players in home games and 70 or more in most of their road games. Name one other team in America that does that.

I wish the Vols were that good. Maybe we will be in 3 or 4 years if we can recruit lots of top talent like Fulmer did in the 1990's.

I don’t disagree. There is a good argument for Clemson over Minnesota.

But at the end of the day a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Minn and Clemson both have zero losses. The difference is Minn has a single win that is better than anything on Clemson’s resume.

They might have a better resume, but if Clemson and Minnesota played this weekend at a neutral site I strongly believe Clemson would be at least a 16 point favorite .

I strongly believe it too.

But on the field results so far that isn’t the case.

Hypotheticals and belief shouldn’t be the deciding factor. JMO.

I strongly believe it too.

But on the field results so far that isn’t the case.

Hypotheticals and belief shouldn’t be the deciding factor. JMO.
I don’t think it should be the deciding factor either, but I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt to the team that hasn’t lost a game in 2 years over the Gophers right now . Now if Minnesota wins out that’s a different ball game. However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose this weekend or to Wisconsin in a few weeks.

Georgia, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State

Gus beats bama
Yes, thought Bama would lose twice, though I picked them to lose aTm. A loss to the Barn would finish them off. Only way UGA gets in is win SECCG, but that was always the case. And they havent won the East yet. Dont see Clemson getting beat, so they're in. Same for The OSU. So, yeah, LSU is a lock regardless what they do in SECCG.
So you're saying UGA wins SEC?

Yes, thought Bama would lose twice, though I picked them to lose aTm. A loss to the Barn would finish them off. Only way UGA gets in is win SECCG, but that was always the case. And they havent won the East yet. Dont see Clemson getting beat, so they're in. Same for The OSU. So, yeah, LSU is a lock regardless what they do in SECCG.
So you're saying UGA wins SEC?

Yes, UGA beats LSU in the SECCG

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG

VN Store

Back