Playoff Picks!

And exactly who do you believe is better than them? We already know the committee doesn't do the "deserves" to be there in regards to winning your conference. Georgia got exposed but there's no way I'm putting ND or Baylor in there.
the purpose of the playoff was to "play it on the field". Yesterday was a quarter final. They had their chance and they blew it. Next man up.

Dont give out participation trophies. Dont reward pretty. Football is about winning not feelings

I'll be shocked if they don't rematch the two SEC entries in the first round.

Looking at the $$$ and potential for attracting for 3 games the greatest possible nationwide viewership of key (money-spending) demographics (and that is exactly what every person with any influence on these matchups is doing)...

None of these teams really represents a large audience market. You might think Atlanta, except that just as many Atlantans hate Georgia as follow them. Most Atlantans immigrated there from somewhere else.
(And Alabama fans spend their money locally--mostly because they can never successfully connect to amerzon.com.)

So the best chance of drawing a half-national audience ('cause there's no draw here west of the Mississippi) would be to have a Cinderella story. Even better if Cinderella Cincinnati could go up against one of those "SEC bullies" from the troglodyte south.

But if they can't have Cinderella, next best would be Michigan. Maybe they could draw from the Chicago audience (Lord knows those poor people will be sheltering in their homes!). I'm just not sure how they will spin Harbaugh. The sports media needs to make every championship about something higher and more important to the progress of society... rather than the competition of character and competence that it is.

But... that's old school thinking. It could now be that the advertiser-desirable younger, football watching demographic may no longer have any geographical identity, and think only of who plays the best football. Maybe younger football fans in Boston actually like the SEC, for the quality of its football, more so than a Boston College.

Not sure if this anecdotal evidence fits into this conversation, but I get to talk with high school students from all over the US, and it is striking how many follow an NFL team, but have no interest in any college team.

#1 Michigan vs #4 Cincinatti
#2 Alabama vs #3 Georiga
Agree or disagree?
Agree because Alabama and Georgia should not be getting a chance to reach final against each other, Alabama just beat their ass, final would be same result just like Utah beating Oregons ass twice in a row same result

I'll be shocked if they don't rematch the two SEC entries in the first round.

Looking at the $$$ and potential for attracting for 3 games the greatest possible nationwide viewership of key (money-spending) demographics (and that is exactly what every person with any influence on these matchups is doing)...

None of these teams really represents a large audience market. You might think Atlanta, except that just as many Atlantans hate Georgia as follow them. Most Atlantans immigrated there from somewhere else.
(And Alabama fans spend their money locally--mostly because they can never successfully connect to amerzon.com.)

So the best chance of drawing a half-national audience ('cause there's no draw here west of the Mississippi) would be to have a Cinderella story. Even better if Cinderella Cincinnati could go up against one of those "SEC bullies" from the troglodyte south.

But if they can't have Cinderella, next best would be Michigan. Maybe they could draw from the Chicago audience (Lord knows those poor people will be sheltering in their homes!). I'm just not sure how they will spin Harbaugh. The sports media needs to make every championship about something higher and more important to the progress of society... rather than the competition of character and competence that it is.

But... that's old school thinking. It could now be that the advertiser-desirable younger, football watching demographic may no longer have any geographical identity, and think only of who plays the best football. Maybe younger football fans in Boston actually like the SEC, for the quality of its football, more so than a Boston College.

Not sure if this anecdotal evidence fits into this conversation, but I get to talk with high school students from all over the US, and it is striking how many follow an NFL team, but have no interest in any college team.
Your logic is correct, but I’d add that Michigan has a massive alumni base that lives in major media markets. It’s one of the most desirable brands in the ncaa.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
And exactly who do you believe is better than them? We already know the committee doesn't do the "deserves" to be there in regards to winning your conference. Georgia got exposed but there's no way I'm putting ND or Baylor in there.
I agree with you, but it sure would be nice to see the dawgs booted to bring them down a notch. It would be a travesty to let ND in after the cupcake schedule they play.

Agree you just got boatraced in your championship game and you still get in.
They are still one of the best 4 teams in the country. Do you think Cincinnati is better than Georgia with their strength of schedule? Cincinnati and Michigan will both likely get crushed by Georgia or Alabama unless Georgia suffers to much of a mental collapse after yesterday’s loss.

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
I agree with you, but it sure would be nice to see the dawgs booted to bring them down a notch. It would be a travesty to let ND in after the cupcake schedule they play.
Georgia is not beating Bama if they played again it would be the same result but only worse because Alabamas running back will be healed up. Georgia is not winning a title with Stetson Bennett he would throw two picks again

VN Store

Back