Playoff Committee Rankings Prediction CBS

So I post an article from cbs, that is only the opinion of a writer and all of the sudden I'm claiming the vols will go to Atlanta, beat bama and head to the CFP?

:eek:lol:...thanks 917...don't let it bother you too much...remember where you are...keep up the posting...:thumbsup::salute:

GO VOLS!

UT fans are something else. Make excuses for every single loss, and think you're a playoff team capable of playing with Alabama after a 49-10 beat-down.

Wow. Just wow.

I guess the Volunteers have arrived. Or should we say returned, you know like Haley's Comet only every 47 years?

Who are you speaking for? All Tennessee fans? Most don't believe we would beat Alabama. But, I'll admit that if we did have Sutton covering receivers and JRM watching the edge (along with a healthy offense line), I could see us hanging with them.

But mostly, it looks like you've made up a story about Tennessee fans and then reacted in shock to your own story.

Reactions: 4 people
So missing 20 players from the 2 deep and 3 of them are ALL-SEC defenders is an excuse? I don't think even Alabama would be able to withstand that. If we had half the amount of injuries we would have only 1 loss to Alabama and it would've been down to the wire. Did you not hear that we couldn't even dress 70 players for that game? Some people. Smh

20? We've been hit very, very hard by injuries this year and certainly losing JRM and Sutton has been near catastrophic. But 20? I think that's over stating it a bit.

As a matter of fact, this week vs SCar, we'll pretty much only be missing JRM, KMac, Sutton and Kamara, and by most all accounts, we'll likely get Sutton and Kamara back the following week vs TNTech and if not, then certainly by the next week vs Kentucky.

So while I agree with most all of what you say, I think saying we were missing 20 players from the 2 deep due to injury is a bit of an overreach.

UT fans are something else. Make excuses for every single loss, and think you're a playoff team capable of playing with Alabama after a 49-10 beat-down.

Wow. Just wow.

I guess the Volunteers have arrived. Or should we say returned, you know like Haley's Comet only every 47 years

Go **** yourself

Reactions: 11 people
Here's a thought on how the season might play out even if the Vols don't make the SECCG.

Vols win out 10-2 and smoke everyone along the way win all remaining games by 14+
Gators win out (unlikely...but play along) 11-1
Gators get waxed in the SECCG by 13-0 Bama
A&M Loses to 'Ol Miss and the last game of season to LSU 9-3
LSU loses to Bama 9-3
Auburn loses to Alabama 9-3
Bama to the playoffs
and Vols to the Sugar Bowl
Better record than anyone but Bama and Florida and own the head to head over the Gators
If we go to the SECCG and get waxed again by Bama its Outback or Citrus at 10-3
I mean is the SECE even a real championship?
My scenario won't likely play out but we might feel better about the season being 11-2 and Sugar Bowl Champions over Oklahoma than 11-3 with 2 Bama blowouts and another win over a Big 10 wannabe (read Iowa again) in the Outback.
Flame away

Here's a thought on how the season might play out even if the Vols don't make the SECCG.

Vols win out 10-2 and smoke everyone along the way win all remaining games by 14+
Gators win out (unlikely...but play along) 11-1
Gators get waxed in the SECCG by 13-0 Bama
A&M Loses to 'Ol Miss and the last game of season to LSU 9-3
LSU loses to Bama 9-3
Auburn loses to Alabama 9-3
Bama to the playoffs
and Vols to the Sugar Bowl
Better record than anyone but Bama and Florida and own the head to head over the Gators
If we go to the SECCG and get waxed again by Bama its Outback or Citrus at 10-3
I mean is the SECE even a real championship?
My scenario won't likely play out but we might feel better about the season being 11-2 and Sugar Bowl Champions over Oklahoma than 11-3 with 2 Bama blowouts and another win over a Big 10 wannabe (read Iowa again) in the Outback.
Flame away

Dude, if Tennessee wins the east and loses the SECCG, we're going to the Sugar Bowl.

Wow. Just wow.

I guess the Volunteers have arrived. Or should we say returned, you know like Haley's Comet only every 47 years?

Pretty easy to be a bama fan isn't it?

Reactions: 4 people

Wow. Just wow.

Which fan bases do not get carried away with expectations?

After you provide the list, we will all see teams not worth supporting.

20? We've been hit very, very hard by injuries this year and certainly losing JRM and Sutton has been near catastrophic. But 20? I think that's over stating it a bit.

As a matter of fact, this week vs SCar, we'll pretty much only be missing JRM, KMac, Sutton and Kamara, and by most all accounts, we'll likely get Sutton and Kamara back the following week vs TNTech and if not, then certainly by the next week vs Kentucky.

So while I agree with most all of what you say, I think saying we were missing 20 players from the 2 deep due to injury is a bit of an overreach.

No seriously it was about 20.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a chance! Did Florida go to the Sugar Bowl last year? They will put A&M or Auburn ahead of us even if they are 9-3; total slam dunk if A&M is 10-2.

My point is, losing the SECCG won't hurt our chances of being in the Sugar Bowl. Winning the division will help a lot.

GUYS PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! Cherokee Chief was a Barn fan in 2010, a Buckeye in 2014 and was an on side kick away from being a Clemson fan this year. He's got bandwagon in his blood:)

Reactions: 5 people
My point is, losing the SECCG won't hurt our chances of being in the Sugar Bowl. Winning the division will help a lot.

If we upset Bama or lose in a close one I would agree but getting boat raced on your conferences biggest stage is not a prescription for a New Years 6 invite.

No seriously it was about 20.

More like 13 first and second teamers, which is nothing to sneeze at, but it ain't 20.

And of those 13, Kamara and Vickers have only missed about a half of play this year, the second half vs Bama. Hall missed the first 3 games of the year and the second half vs Bama...he'll be back this week

As I said earlier, we're pretty much getting everybody back this week except JRM, KMac, Sutton and Kamara, and we'll likely get Sutton and Kamara back for the last 3 SEC games, SECCG and bowl game.

If we upset Bama or lose in a close one I would agree but getting boat raced on your conferences biggest stage is not a prescription for a New Years 6 invite.

We could still make the Orange Bowl if we win the East, and TAMU is ranked ahead of us. If we get boat raced in the SEC Championship game, we are pretty much a lock for the Citrus Bowl.

Guys....we are not a play off caliber team right now. We're just not! I know many on here like to think so, but we're not. We've come a long long way in three years..and let's be proud of that! But let's show some reality too. Go Vols!

Was Michigan State a playoff caliber team last year? Was Florida State a playoff caliber team 2 years ago? If we get healthy by the SEC championship are we a playoff caliber team? Is Ohip State a playoff caliber team with a loss to an unranked team? What about Washington whose SoS is in the hundreds? Clemson and Michigan have beaten 1 good team each, are they playoff caliber teams?

Reactions: 1 person
We could still make the Orange Bowl if we win the East, and TAMU is ranked ahead of us. If we get boat raced in the SEC Championship game, we are pretty much a lock for the Citrus Bowl.

That's pretty much my point. Depending on how the season plays out for A&M and Auburn we may have a better chance at a NYD6BG by not going to the SECCG and thereby avoiding another Bama beat down. We would still need to win out and do so fairly convincingly. But its probably all moot anyway because there is no way the Gators win out. They probably lose 2 more.

Guys....we are not a play off caliber team right now. We're just not! I know many on here like to think so, but we're not. We've come a long long way in three years..and let's be proud of that! But let's show some reality too. Go Vols!

You miss the point. We don't have to be a playoff caliber team right now. We just have to win the last five and then see if we are a playoff caliber team when it matters.

Maybe we get smoked by Alabama again, but maybe not. Personally, it is a chance a I would like to take. And, if the Vols were to pull off that monumental upset, and stand at 11-2, there would be a good argument for them to get into the final four.

One game at a time.

Reactions: 2 people

Wow. Just wow.

Gerald is that you from southpark? When did you change your username from skankhunt42 to cherokeechief???

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back