Players Sitting out Bowl game

Roughly 1.6% of college players go to the NFL. Like I said, best of luck to these guys, I'm just not subscribing to the new era of sitting out for those projected outside the first round.
A majority of the players around the country who are sitting out their team's bowl game, will not be drafted or ever play a single down of professional football in their lives.

Perhaps they're saving themselves for some type of licensing exam?

Yes they owe the school. The school gave them a free education. You know the cost of a degree these days? And I don't know of a single player that made the school millions singlehandedly. If your hurt of course you should sit out, I totally agree with AT sitting out.
Well of course a single player isn’t making them millions. Duh. But each player who is a potential draftee certainly contributed to the school making the millions. My point is that it is not a one way street. Each party is getting benefits and, in my view, it makes no sense for a potential draftee to endanger his draft position by getting hurt by playing in a meaningless game. (And Purdue’s best two players agree with me by the way.) And at the end of the day, neither your opinion nor my opinion make any difference whatsoever. That horse has left the barn and is never coming back. It’s the norm now and folks need to deal with it.

The NFL has ruined the college game. The greed along with sleazy agents interacting with college kids has gotten out of hand. However, I don’t blame college players for making their own personal decision about their future and eliminating the risk of injury. However, it REALLY makes me respect the players who are expected to be drafted who still choose to play. That is really giving your all. Isn’t Velus Jones one of those guys?

Reactions: volfan1954
So how does them not playing make it better? That's ridiculous.

I don't understand your response.

If you're asking how the opt-outs make the program better, then I think his meaning was that if those players that opt-out are not going to return to the program the next year anyway, their absense makes next year's team better by allowing returning players to get additional repetitions in practice and the game.

If it's truly meaningless, then there shouldn't be anyone on here complaining about Tennessee's performance after the loss... but we all know damn well that wouldn't be the case.
I posted this three weeks ago in response to the belief that departing players should sit out the Music City Bowl because it's meaningless. That's a fun thing to say until you lose isn't it? Look at this forum right now.... it's not being treated differently than any other loss.

VN Store

Back