Players Arrested (Old news)

I can’t keep track, or is this possibly more of an NCAA violation?

No one seems to give a rat’s @ss about underaged drinking, which causes way more death and destruction, AND is illegal as well, but somehow pot gets all the drama.

Spare me the OMG it’s illegal crap. We don’t enforce and punish alcohol under age 21.

They suspended Myles Leonard "indefinitely" just the other day for using racial slur then a couple days later gave him a fine and a couple weeks off. I think they used "indefinite" in regard to McDermott at Creighton as well. He's already back and everything is fine.

No one seems to give a rat’s @ss about underaged drinking, which causes way more death and destruction, AND is illegal as well, but somehow pot gets all the drama.

Spare me the OMG it’s illegal crap. We don’t enforce and punish alcohol under age 21.

No. It shouldn't relate to the NCAA stuff.

I am an adult... pretty old... who neither drinks nor uses drugs. I think TN had it right years ago with a 19 year age limit for drinking. I think drugs are stupid. I think they're destructive. I think companies, teams, and other organizations should be free to set higher standards for their people. But I am fully on board with legalizing them so long as government does not rescue them from the consequences.

If it were Bama, the police would be forced to drop the charges ASAP and apologize to the 4 players at a press conference while agreeing to enroll in cultural sensitivity training
Campus police doing their job. Don't criticize them. They broke the law and it is better to let them know what the rules are now, rather than later. With the NCAA looking over our shoulders, they have to discipline them. Glad is now and not in the Fall. Maybe they will benefit from their mistakes and do better in the future. Remember, their parents have entrusted their kids to the coaches.

Geez! VN never disappoints!

We have guys more worried about being dissed as a Karen than speculating on which one of our early enrollees the minor involved will be. Bad form.
Indefinitely is by definition undefined. It typically means until all the information is gathered and an appropriate punishment can be dealt out. And we have a new AD who isn't all that ramped up about divulging anything to us. I can see why......

As a father of a female student currently on campus I have to say I don’t care if they play football, water polo, or are members of the chess club...if multiple men assaulted a young classmate on campus then they should never be allowed back on campus again.

Last edited:
I’m 65 and don’t have a big issue with someone using weed for medical and occasional recreational. But if I were a coach I sure don’t want my team doing it regularly. Numerous studies are out there where it reduces motivation. My experience says no one ever said “I’d been better if I’d smoked more weed”.

As a father of a female student currently on campus I have to say I don’t care if they play football, water polo, or are members of the chess club...if multiple men assaulted a young female on campus then they should never be allowed back on campus again.
I can't get links to work for me....was it a female?

I still would prefer not to have pot smokers on the team

schools, conferences, NCAA can still not allow them to play if using drugs even if legal. there are currently drugs that fit that. Coaches will likely NOT want kids using and playing just like they do now.. making it legal will not prevent athletes from getting dismissed for failing drug tests, IMO

Reactions: Border Vol
I’m 65 and don’t have a big issue with someone using weed for medical and occasional recreational. But if I were a coach I sure don’t want my team doing it regularly. Numerous studies are out there where it reduces motivation. My experience says no one ever said “I’d been better if I’d smoked more weed”.
Me. Add me to your experience. You must not be in smoking circles. I know managers, owners, reg employees that smoke daily. All work either 40 hours a week or over, and are contributors to society. I smoke everyday, hold two jobs, and I think both my jobs would tell you I’m the best worker they have. It’s not the drug, it’s the individual and unfortunately most individuals that do drugs period are lazy. I don’t think it’s the drug that makes them that way, it’s already what they are.

I can't get links to work for me....was it a female?

The initial report stated an individual reported being assaulted by an unknown male who was with a group of males. The cops, justifiably so, hauled a$$ to his/her location to find our group of “gentlemen” in the said location. Whereupon they were questioned, and then detained, on a lessor charge of possession...until the big hammer comes down for assault. Unbelievable:/

Last edited:

Hope I’m wrong but I have a bad feeling more to the story. I just read another thread about a rumor regarding a few UT players burglarizing and assaulting another student. Hopefully that is a rumor, but then I read about this incident.

If campus security arrested everybody smoking pot or drinking underage, or parties with a nitrous tank and who knows what all else...there wouldn’t be enough cells to house them all. I lived on Lake Ave., on Laurel Ave., on 12th and all my friends lived all over “the Fort”...you have to do something other than be drunk or high to get arrested, and to get suspended from the football team? C’mon people.

Reactions: vol94
Basically, they went to someone’s dorm room. Knocked on the door, assaulted the person who answered the door, and then stole stuff, including marijuana, from the room.

They could just say they knew it was illegal and they were confiscating it to turn into the police...

Reactions: 825VOL
Can someone summarize? The links don't work.

The log shows Martavius French, of Memphis; Isaac Washington, of Pilot Mountain, N.C.; and Aaron Willis, of Midlothian, Virginia are charged with simple possession and unlawful drug paraphernalia.

Also, the record shows Clinton Warren, of Memphis and an “unlisted juvenile” were arrested at the same time and location. Law enforcement generally does not identify anyone arrested who is 17 years old or younger.

Me. Add me to your experience. You must not be in smoking circles. I know managers, owners, reg employees that smoke daily. All work either 40 hours a week or over, and are contributors to society. I smoke everyday, hold two jobs, and I think both my jobs would tell you I’m the best worker they have. It’s not the drug, it’s the individual and unfortunately most individuals that do drugs period are lazy. I don’t think it’s the drug that makes them that way, it’s already what they are.

Im not talking about doing a 9-5 job. I’m talking about playing a competitive sport at a higher level than 98% of Americans ever have experienced. Comparing that to a job is a joke.

Absolutely it has a negative impact on reading comprehension.

Reactions: N.ohio vol

VN Store

Back