PLAYBOY

bigorange

WGWTFA
anyone see this yet?
They don't have any Vols on the offensive team but do have Jesse Mahelona and Jason Allen on defense.
And then they have UT as 4th (behind LSU which they have at 3) WTF?!?

i dunno. it seems that alot of the preseason polls are screwed up this this year. take SI's for example. they have the gators 3rd!

So what if we're behind LSU? It's conceivable that they are at least as talented as we are, plus they have a far more favorable schedule.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 16, 2005 9:33 PM
So what if we're behind LSU? It's conceivable that they are at least as talented as we are, plus they have a far more favorable schedule.
[snapback]127311[/snapback]​

Well last I checked, they didn't make it to the SEC Championship last season. They have a brand new coach, yeah he's good, but still new. They still haven't picked a starting QB, no big deal. Their best running back is out for the season, but they still have two other good ones. They lost their middle linebacker and both starting cornerbacks. And they still can't kick for sh*t. That's why I think we should be ahead of them, I don't find that far-fetched.

They can still control the lines as well as any team in the country.

Russell could be great or a bust, we will find out.

I suspect losing Broussard would be like Auburn losing either Benson or Williams last season.

And while they can't kick for sh*t, we might still be unable to return for sh*t, so that area gets evened out.

Except for USC, every team in the country has some big question marks going into 2005. So don't think it's that big of a deal if LSU is placed ahead of us.

Originally posted by bigorange@Aug 16, 2005 10:48 PM
Well last I checked, they didn't make it to the SEC Championship last season. They have a brand new coach, yeah he's good, but still new. They still haven't picked a starting QB, no big deal. Their best running back is out for the season, but they still have two other good ones. They lost their middle linebacker and both starting cornerbacks. And they still can't kick for sh*t. That's why I think we should be ahead of them, I don't find that far-fetched.
[snapback]127319[/snapback]​

Not so quick my friend! I agree with your comments about the questions with the players gone and/or yet unproven but, we Vol Fans have no room criticizing any other team's special teams until we improve greatly. We do punt and cover pretty well but our return game has sucked for the last few years, and "sucked" is probably and understatement.

Our own General Neyland thought the kicking and return game was the secret to success. Hopefully this year we will get back to respectability in that significant segment of the game. :banghead: :banghead:

Think where we would have been the last several years if we had been able to add just 5-10 more yards to each punt and kick-off return.

Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :bammer: :espn:

Originally posted by GAVol@Aug 16, 2005 9:33 PM
You mean there were words in that magazine?
[snapback]127312[/snapback]​

:hi: My thoughts exactly.

Where did the pic of the fuzzy dice come from? Can you buy them?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 17, 2005 10:25 AM
:hi: My thoughts exactly.
Where did the pic of the fuzzy dice come from?  Can you buy them?
[snapback]127399[/snapback]​

I stumbled across the pic, but apparently they are for sale . . . .

Link

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 17, 2005 3:50 AM
They can still control the lines as well as any team in the country.

Russell could be great or a bust, we will find out.

I suspect losing Broussard would be like Auburn losing either Benson or Williams last season.

And while they can't kick for sh*t, we might still be unable to return for sh*t, so that area gets evened out.

Except for USC, every team in the country has some big question marks going into 2005. So don't think it's that big of a deal if LSU is placed ahead of us.
[snapback]127362[/snapback]​

When did Benson play for Auburn? Did you mean Brown? :good:

VN Store

Back