Plavsic denied by NCAA

If Kanter wasnt you know, a professional, overseas prior to trying to go to UK......

So the NCAA upheld the rules against a blue blood? Or what about when they laid the hammer against USC?

I’m not arguing the NCAA is a trash organization but this idea that the NCAA is out here to screw Tennessee is asinine.

Reactions: VolFaninV
Next year could be real good. Sucks now but get ready because we are coming!

So the NCAA upheld the rules against a blue blood? Or what about when they laid the hammer against USC?

I’m not arguing the NCAA is a trash organization but this idea that the NCAA is out here to screw Tennessee is asinine.

They arent out to screw over UT specifically but you are naive if you dont think there's two sets of rules....

Next year could be real good. Sucks now but get ready because we are coming!

The good news is this doesn’t affect a potential championship season. It hurts our tourney chances. Not good but overall we weren’t going to win the SEC anyways this year. We all know 2020-2021 is the year to make a move.

Reactions: gainesvol82
This means a lot more minutes for Pons. Because ORN will probably be the backup center and Fulkerson will have to play 30 minutes a night

Reactions: RollerVol
Y’all are directing your anger incorrectly.

Look at Aubrey Solomon, he had (on the surface at least) less of a case than Uros to be immediately eligible but was because Michigan was fine with it and cooperated. Most likely Arizona State (for whatever reason) did not cooperate and was not fine with Uros being eligible. The NCAA usually defaults with what the school says from the transfer. Tennessee cooperated with DJ Burns transferring and he was eligible.

You bring up a good point. I had not considered that possibility.

While we’re hatin on the NCAA and maybe Hurley, let me throw this one by you. Arizona State’s AD used the stage for hiring his former client, Herman Edwards, to clown UT (and Fulmer) for their coaching search. Seemed out of place and a lil trite for his position, cuz you don’t usually get the Lane Kiffinesque trolling from a fellow AD. Possible it was a tad personal from his end and couldn’t have helped.

This means a lot more minutes for Pons. Because ORN will probably be the backup center and Fulkerson will have to play 30 minutes a night
Barnes said the same. At least now they have a better idea how to practice. This news and the early injuries which hampered practice have certainly made Barnes' job this season a lot tougher. These next 2 games will probably be used as teaching sessions which could make us look less impressive than we would have. A little extra fan patience and understanding may be required, early season.

So the NCAA is screwing Tennessee for not letting a backup center play, yet let Aubrey Solomon play....so why didn’t they screw us then?

This is exactly the problem..........inconsistent decisions and punishing UT for arguing with Football Refs............don't think this kind of clandestine activity isn't going on.

I still have a feeling we make the tournament and win 20 games. This team will have some growing pains, sure, but I'm positive we'll still have a solid season. I also don't think this Uros-situation is over quite yet. I think the chances are very slim, but I wouldn't be shocked if the second appeal goes through and he is eligible to play by SEC play.

While we’re hatin on the NCAA and maybe Hurley, let me throw this one by you. Arizona State’s AD used the stage for hiring his former client, Herman Edwards, to clown UT (and Fulmer) for their coaching search. Seemed out of place and a lil trite for his position, cuz you don’t usually get the Lane Kiffinesque trolling from a fellow AD. Possible it was a tad personal from his end and couldn’t have helped.

Maybe ASU is still feeling bitter over Josh Dobbs..

Y’all are directing your anger incorrectly.

Look at Aubrey Solomon, he had (on the surface at least) less of a case than Uros to be immediately eligible but was because Michigan was fine with it and cooperated. Most likely Arizona State (for whatever reason) did not cooperate and was not fine with Uros being eligible. The NCAA usually defaults with what the school says from the transfer. Tennessee cooperated with DJ Burns transferring and he was eligible.

There is no factual basis for your asssertion but, sure, go ahead and pat yourself on the back for showing everyone the light.

Reactions: Vols4us
I hesitate to ask this, (in other words, please don't murder me on this question), but as I'm not that familiar with Plavsic's Arizona State situation -- what was the justification used for the waiver request? I am not trying start a fire over the current state of transfer eligibility, or the NCAA's lack of consistency in their rulings, I feel like that's all out in the open already. I would though like to understand what the reasoning was behind the expectation he'd receive immediate eligibility.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I still have a feeling we make the tournament and win 20 games. This team will have some growing pains, sure, but I'm positive we'll still have a solid season. I also don't think this Uros-situation is over quite yet. I think the chances are very slim, but I wouldn't be shocked if the second appeal goes through and he is eligible to play by SEC play.

Yah. Guard dominant teams can have success, even in major conferences (see Auburn)

So we’ll just have to see how the season plays out. There will be tremendous pressure on Turner, James and Bowden.

VN Store

Back