Plavsic Cleared?!

Respectfully I truly think you have this completely backwards. If Uros can provide paint points and touches. This will begin to let us play from INSIDE to OUT. Even if a team sags off the 3 point line and dares you to shoot, it is completely different than receiving a solid pass from the paint to the perimeter,in motion, to get an amazing look. I hope you can remember last years three point shooting primarily began with a paint touch to Grant or Kyle or Admiral then back out to the perimeter. If you have ever played or even shot at the YMCA you can understand and feel how much easier of a motion it is to receive a pass from the paint to set your feet and drill a shot. A pass swung to you from wing to top of the key or from Top to wing is not the even comparable. If Uros can play defense, Rebound, and Pass out of the paint, he will be a game changer. We do not need 15 to 20 pts a game from him. I am excited to see this young man represent the University of Tennessee tonight in Athens.
You must have me confused with someone else. I was referring to the poster who said he doubted Uros would improve our team very much.

I understand the offensive struggle, but in theb1st half I never s him impact the game defensively or rebounding.

He'll help us defensively in the paint once he gets up to speed in true game play. I'm not sure how much of an offensive presence he'll be though.

He'll help us defensively in the paint once he gets up to speed in true game play. I'm not sure how much of an offensive presence he'll be though.

He’s in shape and up to speed now. His athleticism isn’t going to improve with game time

I actually am more encouraged with his post game offensively than anything. I think he’ll be pretty solid with that part of his game very quickly. Just rushed things tonight a few times early

Reactions: JoAllan
He’s in shape and up to speed now. His athleticism isn’t going to improve with game time

I actually am more encouraged with his post game offensively than anything. I think he’ll be pretty solid with that part of his game very quickly. Just rushed things tonight a few times early
He was worse offensively than he was defensively from what I saw. He has exactly one move in the post.

He was worse offensively than he was defensively from what I saw. He has exactly one move in the post.
as big as he is one move might be all he needs to be a help

For me the issue was the expectations for this kid. Hell one poster predicted he was going to average a double double the rest of the year. That’s insane.

I told this board they shouldn’t be overly excited about a kid that wasn’t good enough to play last year on a mediocre team. He’s just a depth role player that has size. Might always be that way but the main thing is the expectations werent fair to the kid and his talent level

Reactions: ArdentVol

For me the issue was the expectations for this kid. Hell one poster predicted he was going to average a double double the rest of the year. That’s insane.

I told this board they shouldn’t be overly excited about a kid that wasn’t good enough to play last year on a mediocre team. He’s just a depth role player that has size. Might always be that way but the main thing is the expectations werent fair to the kid and his talent level
I didn't expect much either but he's got size and we need some.

I didn't expect much either but he's got size and we need some.
Barnes gave him some time tonight, probably more than he intended. When we got so far down, I think he just decided to let him stay out there and get some real game experience. He hit a couple of inside shots and didn't look too lost for the first time out.

Barnes gave him some time tonight, probably more than he intended. When we got so far down, I think he just decided to let him stay out there and get some real game experience. He hit a couple of inside shots and didn't look too lost for the first time out.
Of course he’ll improve (let’s hope). Defense was my biggest concern as he was blown by and out of position.

Iswear this team looks lost on both ends. No alphas. Plus it’s like looking at a butch jones OLine. A lot of “project” types. I know we have some high level players coming, but man this current roster is weak.

Reactions: JoAllan
Of course he’ll improve (let’s hope). Defense was my biggest concern as he was blown by and out of position.

Iswear this team looks lost on both ends. No alphas. Plus it’s like looking at a butch jones OLine. A lot of “project” types. I know we have some high level players coming, but man this current roster is weak.
Haven't heard anyone say Turner was a liability lately. Lost leader, heart and D all in one fail swoop.

I certainly overestimated UP thinking he would demand 25+ minutes a game. Appears to be another project with potential similar to our other non 5* freshmen. Hopefully he’ll show more with more playing time.

I didn’t have high expectations for Uros. Hope last night was just first game jitters. Biggest concerns are defensively. I agree w another poster about trying to play zone when he’s in

I didn’t have high expectations for Uros. Hope last night was just first game jitters.

He’ll be fine with post moves I think

I started a thread begging for the zone when he’s in because he simply can’t switch like Barnes wants to in the man to man. He’s just too slow

Haven't heard anyone say Turner was a liability lately. Lost leader, heart and D all in one fail swoop.
Yes, I was surprised at some of the things being said about him. Especially knowing the shoulder issues he was battling.

He is a Div I athlete so I do not want to bash the guy, but he sure seemed to be a stiff. Pember appears to have more potential and more fluid movement on the court

No, I did not. I said I expect it and then said I was dreaming. Done called myself out on that once already. Reread my post, please

VN Store

Back