Tom Boerwinkle
Len Kosmalski
Bob Brykalski
Steve Hamer
Uros Plavsic
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something...
the only way Plasvic improves our offense is if he scores +15 points.

Defenses are already sagging, clogging the middle, daring us to beat them from the outside---which we haven't been able to do. So I don't see that many teams' defensive strategy changes with Plasvic in there.

The game-changer for Tennessee's offense would be if Plasvic began hitting 3s and drawing his defender out of the paint, opening up driving lanes for our 1 & 2, or passing lanes to our 3 & 4.

Unless Plavsic is going to give us 15p, 10r and 2-3b, you don't move guys who are playing decent in their roles. The move you allude to likely sends Pons back to his former self. Pons no longer is in the paint getting blocks and he is to limited on the wing right now to be anything other than a spot up shooter. Plavsic will be the first post off the bench though cause ORN looks lost right now.
Yeah, because they are killing it right now at 10-5. I could see playing a 7’1” center that’s practiced with the team really disrupt our undersized explosive offense that ripped off 56 points this weekend. Good thing a lot of you have 0 say in the program

Last edited:
Dang you have great long term memory but your short term sucks

You haven’t mentioned Alexander

I mentioned KA 7 posts above that one.

SportsReference dot com lists the height. For some reason they omitted many of Jerry Green's player's heights. A few are missing in the Mears pages as well. We briefly had 5 guys that were 7' or very close one year (1973?) in the 70s. Kosmalski, Brykalski, Greg Longshore, and 2 others. Most of them only stayed for a cup of coffee. Rupert Breedlove from A-E might have been one of those 5. Kosmalski was really good and it's a shame that he didn't overlap at all with King. Kosmalski played one year with Grunfeld.

Defenses are already sagging, clogging the middle, daring us to beat them from the outside---which we haven't been able to do. So I don't see that many teams' defensive strategy changes with Plasvic in there.

The game-changer for Tennessee's offense would be if Plasvic began hitting 3s and drawing his defender out of the paint, opening up driving lanes for our 1 & 2, or passing lanes to our 3 & 4.
LOL ok coach 🤣

We have no inside presence whatsoever. Fulky tries but really won't be able to post up many in this league. He's only got the little turnaround, which he's ok at. With our shooting woes and no inside threat at all teams just make sure pons and fulky are covered which forces us to shoot 25-30 3s a game. If Uros can bring some aggression and attitude to the paint, then he could for sure help us.
If you can get 8-10 points and 7 reb a night, ill be ecstatic. The rest of the team will get more settled in as the year goes on and they play together more. Have to remember, you've got 9-10 scholarship players now and 5 of those are true freshman. technically, 6 Uros being redshirted last year. There's going to be a lot of bumps, but you'll see a lot of growing this year.

Unless Plavsic is going to give us 15p, 10r and 2-3b, you don't move guys who are playing decent in their roles. The move you allude to likely sends Pons back to his former self. Pons no longer is in the paint getting blocks and he is to limited on the wing right now to be anything other than a spot up shooter. Plavsic will be the first post off the bench though cause ORN looks lost right now.
What? You have 9 scholarship players. Five of which are freshman. They are extremely weak in the post. Fulk needs to be at the four where he would be better suited. Taking that defensive role off him helps as well. Allows you to rotate in ORN and Pember with less pressure on them.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see UP playing a lot.

What? You have 9 scholarship players. Five of which are freshman. They are extremely weak in the post. Fulk needs to be at the four where he would be better suited. Taking that defensive role off him helps as well. Allows you to rotate in ORN and Pember with less pressure on them.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see UP playing a lot.
Also allows you to move Pons to the 3 and let Bowden come off the bench like last year. Wouldn't surprise me if Uros starts tomorrow.

I mentioned KA 7 posts above that one.

SportsReference dot com lists the height. For some reason they omitted many of Jerry Green's player's heights. A few are missing in the Mears pages as well. We briefly had 5 guys that were 7' or very close one year (1973?) in the 70s. Kosmalski, Brykalski, Greg Longshore, and 2 others. Most of them only stayed for a cup of coffee. Rupert Breedlove from A-E might have been one of those 5. Kosmalski was really good and it's a shame that he didn't overlap at all with King. Kosmalski played one year with Grunfeld.

Remember Breedlove being kicked off the team when I was a youngster.

Was DeCarsta Webster 7 feet tall. He transferred early his freshman year, later played with Larry Bird At Indiana St

Uros has achieved legendary status without playing a game for Tennessee. He is the basketball version of Paul Bain.

In all seriousness, I’m very excited that he’s eligible but I know very little about his game. Has anyone seen him practice that can comment?

VN Store

Back