Plavsic Cleared?!

What information was omitted from the initial appeal? I'd like to know if the UT Athletic Department made a mistake initially or if they discovered a new angle to pursue. I'm not going to condemn the NCAA (in this specific case) or celebrate or criticize Fulmer's handling of the situation without knowing the facts.

I think Pons days at the 3 are over. I think we see Pons, Fulkerson and Uros split the 80 minutes at the 4-5 spots.
Olivier is the odd man out
I agree. Pons will get spot minutes at the three. Pons just isn't effective on the wing other than trying to be a spot up shooter. The distance between the wing and the rim is just to far for his skill level right now.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
He's been practicing with the team. Tennessee has been playing with a small lineup. He moves both guys to the 4 and 3 spot respectively. Not sure where you get that you think he doesn't play.
Unless Plavsic is going to give us 15p, 10r and 2-3b, you don't move guys who are playing decent in their roles. The move you allude to likely sends Pons back to his former self. Pons no longer is in the paint getting blocks and he is to limited on the wing right now to be anything other than a spot up shooter. Plavsic will be the first post off the bench though cause ORN looks lost right now.

Reactions: walkenvol
Woolridge, Hall, Chism, and Childress were 6'9".

Major Wingate and Brandon Crump were 6'10".

Boomer Herndon 6'11".

Pee Wee Gash 5'7".

Haislip and Hathaway were 6'10".

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don’t think uros starts

Can’t disrupt Fulkerson and pons. There have been very good

He will definitely take away most of ORN's minutes starting out considering how lost the kid looks. What happens after that probably depends on what he does with those minutes. With that being said, I feel like the plan coming into the season was to start Uros at the 5 and Fulkerson at the 4. The NCAA's ineptitude slid Fulkerson to the 5 and Pons filled his spot at the 4.

We definitely have more options now. A bigger body to protect rim and rebound. Faulky can get more rest. Wisconsin and LSU for example we missed his size.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Kevin Nash was 6'10". Federmann was 6'10". Doug Roth was 6'11".

Seems like Hamer is the only 7 footer that has played for TN in the TBA. Brykalski and Kosmalski were the last 7 footers before Hamer and Boerwinkle before that. Uros might be just the 5th 7 footer to ever letter at TN and Brykalski didn't log many minutes.

Great news!! I realize his height, but is he D1 ready or will he be one that can't shoot from the paint, hit a free throw or dribble without travelling? Oh yeah asking for a friend.

Kevin Nash was 6'10". Federmann was 6'10". Doug Roth was 6'11".

Seems like Hamer is the only 7 footer that has played for TN in the TBA. Brykalski and Kosmalski were the last 7 footers before Hamer and Boerwinkle before that. Uros might be just the 5th 7 footer to ever letter at TN and Brykalski didn't log many minutes.

Dang you have great long term memory but your short term sucks

You haven’t mentioned Alexander

Wow ! Gigantic for the Vols and their NCAA Tournament chances. Hopefully, he can ball out. I want 10 points, 10 rebounds and a block and a half a game, we will make the Tournament. I know that's a lot to ask, but we will see, soon enough. Split the next 2 games on the road and beat Ole Miss and A&M at home, Vols will be 5-2 in the SEC going into a winnable game at Miss. St. A 6-2 start after 8 SEC games would be huge considering how brutal that back end of our schedule is. I'm dreaming, ain't I ?

I'm hoping he can grab a few rebounds and alter some shots inside. Maybe get a block or two. Not sure he's the second coming at this point.

Reactions: The Dog
He's been practicing with the team. Tennessee has been playing with a small lineup. He moves both guys to the 4 and 3 spot respectively. Not sure where you get that you think he doesn't play.

Everyone knows he'll play. Question is how well.

Unless Plavsic is going to give us 15p, 10r and 2-3b, you don't move guys who are playing decent in their roles. The move you allude to likely sends Pons back to his former self. Pons no longer is in the paint getting blocks and he is to limited on the wing right now to be anything other than a spot up shooter. Plavsic will be the first post off the bench though cause ORN looks lost right now.
just my opinion...Doesn't have to be the same line all the time...teams who pound it down low, like UGA, we're going to need a big 1's lineup...Pons, fulk, plavsic, JJJ, bowden/vescovi. when we're starting a smaller lineup, it's plavsic rotational...just my opinion. Who knows, maybe more emphasis on post frees up guys on perimeter to relax and start knocking down shots.

Reactions: marvin616

VN Store

Back