Pivot East

Surely you see how weak this argument is. Taking this logic to its inevitable conclusion, we'd not be able to show anything but the most common condition on TV to kids so as to not stir up their imagination. Which means no black people on TV, at least in the U.S. And you're okay with the government enforcing it, which shows how committed you actually are to keeping government out of issues they shouldn't be meddling in.
Again, being black is not the same as someone engaging in homosexuality. I'm not sure how many times I have to say it.

As far as government regulating, reasonable people should be able to realize that there are certain subject matters that don't need to be introduced to people under 18.

Again, being black is not the same as someone engaging in homosexuality. I'm not sure how many times I have to say it.

As far as government regulating, reasonable people should be able to realize that there are certain subject matters that don't need to be introduced to people under 18.

I didn't say it was the same; it's analogous though. Homosexual people don't choose to be homosexual in the same way that black people don't choose to be black. Both groups have been persecuted for being who they are.

Reasonable people also remember what the point of government was supposed to be in the first place: to protect the rights to life, liberty, and property. This does not fall under any of those. If you don't want your kids to see gay people keep them inside and away from the TV.

I didn't say it was the same; it's analogous though. Homosexual people don't choose to be homosexual in the same way that black people don't choose to be black. Both groups have been persecuted for being who they are.

Reasonable people also remember what the point of government was supposed to be in the first place: to protect the rights to life, liberty, and property. This does not fall under any of those. If you don't want your kids to see gay people keep them inside and away from the TV.
When have gays been persecuted in this country? I'm not talking about a few one off attacks here or there, either.

Black and gay are not the same.

Three way WWIII because I could guarantee you Russia and China don't trust each other enough to turn their backs on each other.

We are driving them closer together... at least for the time being, because we can't stop expanding and f^^king around all over Eurasia.

'Closer Than Allies': Xi & Putin Hail China-Russia Cooperation To Counter US "Interference" | ZeroHedge

Once rivals and enemies in the 20th century, then 'frenemies', and now increasingly cooperative and strategic allies - Russia and China over time seem to have forged an unlikely alliance on the mere basis being target of Washington sanctions and human rights rhetoric. Presidents Xi and Putin have met well over 30 times since 2013.

We are driving them closer together... at least for the time being, because we can't stop expanding and f^^king around all over Eurasia.

'Closer Than Allies': Xi & Putin Hail China-Russia Cooperation To Counter US "Interference" | ZeroHedge

One thing you don't understand about Russians even though you admire them a lot is they don't trust anyone. They may be "closer" over the last decade or so, but Russia will never trust any neighbor especially one with a powerful military on their border.

One thing you don't understand about Russians even though you admire them a lot is they don't trust anyone. They may be "closer" over the last decade or so, but Russia will never trust any neighbor especially one with a powerful military on their border.
I clearly said in that post "at least for the time being"...

I realize this is for now a relationship based on mutual agendas. The point to take away from this thread in general is that the United States is pushing countries into reluctant or temporary alliances in order to fight against a lot of our over-aggression and intrusion into their affairs. And, they are more importantly trying to protect trade amongst themselves and protect their financial systems from US sanctions, embargoes, SWIFT system robbery, currency wars, etc.

Reactions: Pacer92
Trapped in IMF debt, Argentina turns to Russia and joins China’s Belt & Road

The United States constantly intervenes in the internal affairs of Latin America, organizing coups d’etat, destabilizing independent governments, trapping nations in debt, and imposing sanctions. Washington sees the region as its own property, with President Joe Biden referring to it this January as “America’s front yard.”

Seeking alternatives to US hegemony, progressive governments in Latin America have increasingly looked across the ocean to form alliances with China and Russia.

Argentina-China-Russia-belt-road-initiative.jpg

(Notice Putin isn't wearing a mask)

Reactions: BreatheUT
Biden..killing relations with nations one at a time. No coming back if they switch sides,

Switch sides or not take sides? It can be to a country's benefit to stay neutral and work with both camps in a great power race.
you join an competitive economic bloc with CCP and trade in other currency..that is switching sides

Switch sides or not take sides? It can be to a country's benefit to stay neutral and work with both camps in a great power race.
I think most would agree with this sentiment. But the West/US has this "all or nothing"/"you're either with us or against us" economic policy. They likely will not allow anyone to straddle the fence and trade with the West and the BRICS+. Ukraine wasn't given that option in fall of 2013. Yanukovich was told to either choose the EU or Russia... buy not both.

you join an competitive economic bloc with CCP and trade in other currency..that is switching sides
We have adversarial relations with the R and C in BRICS but not with the others. Being in BRICS does not make a country our rival. Our trade and cooperation with Brazil and India is substantial.

Last edited:
I think most would agree with this sentiment. But the West/US has this "all or nothing"/"you're either with us or against us" economic policy. They likely will not allow anyone to straddle the fence and trade with the West and the BRICS+. Ukraine wasn't given that option in fall of 2013. Yanukovich was told to either choose the EU or Russia... buy not both.
That's been our M.O. for years and years. The Dulles brothers' opposition to the Non-Aligned Movement cost us considerably in the long run.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
ugh you know he was kicked out after he turned his back on a deal that would have been allowed, finally, for trade with both, instead of just sitting in Russia's pocket.

you always make up some bs about it being a deal that only allowed for trade with the west, but have yet to produce anything to back up said claim. Even after the actual treaty has been quoted and shown to do nothing to limit trade with only the west you maintain that lie to make yourself feel better about believing it was the west that bought off Yanukovich.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
We have adversarial relations with the R and C in BRICS but not with the others. Being in BRICS does not make a country our rival. Our trade and cooperation with Brazil and India is substantial.
Considering SA is basically the driver of OPEC and oil trade is in dollars with oil being the world’s economic fuel, both figuratively and literally, I disagree.

VN Store

Back