Pitt UMass

Pitt will curb stomp us next week.

Meh, in 2019 we thought BYU would stomp us after the Georgia St. game and we gave it away. Pitt probably will win but they're also one of those programs that never get over the hump. They'll upset Clemson then turn around and lose to Boston College. They always seem to be on the verge of making a jump then have a head scratcher of a loss, kind of like the Oklahoma St. of the ACC.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Vincent Davis is a small RB, but had around 250 on close to 30 carries. Looks to be around 175 max 180.

Ok so we should just give up on the whole season then right?...Fire CJH and go back to finding some other coach to lead us into more misery for 3-4 more years.
No play someone who can learn because obviously Milton hasn't learn a damn thing in 4 years

Reactions: tbones0711
Meh, in 2019 we thought BYU would stomp us after the Georgia St. game and we gave it away. Pitt probably will win but they're also one of those programs that never get over the hump. They'll upset Clemson then turn around and lose to Boston College. They always seem to be on the verge of making a jump then have a head scratcher of a loss, kind of like the Oklahoma St. of the ACC.
I actually thought after the GA State game that we might would actually come out and play motivated and did. JG single handedly lost us that game. We have a mountain of a problem at the QB position again this year unless Bailey or Hooker can do better.

When you're offense is high octane and it relies on a good to great QB for it to put up points and you don't have a QB its gonna spell disaster. Hopefully our defense is up to the task.

If Milton is JG 2.0 then Bailey is Worley 2.0. Good QB, but not what Heupel is wanting to do offensively. Worley was never a threat to run & neither is Bailey. That's why even Hooked is ahead of Bailey. If Milton turns it over next Saturday, Hooker will be the go to guy. Bailey can throw but it doesn't look like Heupel thinks that's enough for some reason.

If Milton is JG 2.0 then Bailey is Worley 2.0. Good QB, but not what Heupel is wanting to do offensively. Worley was never a threat to run & neither is Bailey. That's why even Hooked is ahead of Bailey. If Milton turns it over next Saturday, Hooker will be the go to guy. Bailey can throw but it doesn't look like Heupel thinks that's enough for some reason.
Actually Hooker is probably the best qb to lead this offense. He has everything they want other than the 80 yd ball that doesnt connect.

Also it could just be that Heupel wants Bailey to be ready to take the reins and prepared. You know developing a young guy mentally and physically. That use to happen a bit. Bryce Young sat most of last year also. We really don't know what Heupel thinks until they transfer and he recruits someone else.

Tennessee's O-Line dominated Bowling Green's D-Line, but our passing game still under performed. Can we beat Pitt with just a running game?
I've watched several offensive breakdowns of the Heupel offense and it seems to be a pick your poison offense. He spreads the wide-outs VERY wide, thus spreading you laterally. Then they watch what the safety(ies) do. If you crowd to stop the run, it opens the passing game. If they play to stop the pass, it opens the running game.

It's designed to put defensive players/units on islands and cause mismatches in the numbers game.

Last night, BG picked the pass all night and left the run open. If Pitt does that, they'll also leave the numbers favoring run.

If they choose to shut down the run, it'll open up the pass. So if we get even acceptable QB play, it'll favor UT for them to try to stop the run. I suspect they will try that after seeing Milton's game yesterday.

I hope Milton isn't as bad as he's initially looked. And if he is, I hope they have him on a short leash because (like I said), I believe with just acceptable QB play, we win handily against Pitt.

VN Store

Back