Pitt - Sept. 11, 2021 - a likely gauge for Vols ability to adapt to new systems

I'm hoping the crowd is 100,000 +

I’m hoping for 102,455

Get there early and find your seat. Getting to it at kick will be very difficult. As others have said it’ll be brutally hot and always bring some type of rain gear.

Brother, we've scored 50+ points in seven different games over the past six years. One of those, against Mizzou, we scored over 60.

Herman Melville wrote about Moby Dick in 1851. The whale was already fully grown then. Since that kind of whale can live 70 years, let's assume about half that, an age of 35. That would mean it was just a little tot of a baby whale (a "minnow," you said) in 1816. That was 202 years prior to us scoring 59 points on ETSU in September, 2018.

Your timeline is a little off, man. :)
I was being sarcastic...Glad you took the time to type all that out ;)

Pitt has veteran QB who can sling the ball but they were terrible running the ball last season and lost their best OL.
They had a good, aggressive defense but they lost their three best pass rushers and both of their star safeties.

It'll be a good early season test but I like our odds!

I'd like to find a lot with some tailgating going on

too bad it is a noon game.....for us , tailgating hardly has sufficient time to get cranked up good and then it is time to head for the stadium. Nonetheless, we'll still give it a shot.....parking lot 23B, behind the music building....look for "The Rock"

Reactions: GoPitt
Heupel played them twice recently. Bull dozed them once and lost by a point the next game in a romp. It'll be a good game. Could be the diff between a 7-5 and 8-4 season if the real KY shows up.
PS: Hooker is also 1-1 against them last 2 seasons, but hung a lot of yards and TDs on them in both games.

Last edited:
I’m hoping for 102,455

Get there early and find your seat. Getting to it at kick will be very difficult. As others have said it’ll be brutally hot and always bring some type of rain gear.
If it were a 4 or 6 kickoff I’d go ahead and guarantee a Lightning delay. Hopefully the rain holds off, but it’s going to be damned hot .

I just watched the UCF vs Pitt game in 2019 on YouTube. The score was 35-34 Pitt. I believe Coach Heupel will have the Team up for this one. That game was a tough loss on a trick play for UCF. Coach may have circled this one for some redemption.

I went to that game in Pittsburgh, and it was tough to watch. UCF had crushed them in Orlando in 2018, 45-14, but Pitt came to play in '19. If they still have Kenny Pickett at QB, he is pretty effective, and ultimately HE caught the trick play pass in the endzone from his running back to win by 1 point! Can't overlook Pitt, plus they are ranked considerably higher than UT in preseason polls!

Reactions: DSP
I'm stay several miles away from the stadium. Will I be able to find parking or is my best bet to uber in? I think you will find the Pitt fans that come will be pretty classy as well

We’re great to fans in home & home series generally. Hell, Pittsburgh is culturally similar to Knoxville.

DEFINITELY leave the car at the hotel. Plan to hang out downtown or on the Strip for a couple hours after the game if your place is more than a 5 minute ride without traffic.

I'd like to find a lot with some tailgating going on

Bring a backpack full of airplane bottles to Volunteer landing.

Find a fun looking party boat.

Unzip backpack and ask permission to come aboard.

Be prepared to party with backpack at game time.

VN Store

Back