Pitching plan for Hoover?

TNSportsman

Anyone have an idea of the pitching plan this week? Stallings tomorrow? Where do we turn after that with Crochet not pitching?

Reactions: RollerVol
Since we're looking to win a game in the tournament for the first time since 2007 I imagine Coach V will go with Stallings and look for a very pleasant day against Auburn.

I'd set the rotation wth the regional in mind. I don't see the regional seed changing even if we won the tourney.

I'd hold Stalling back until Thursday if I was making the call.

Reactions: Pacer92
I'd set the rotation wth the regional in mind. I don't see the regional seed changing even if we won the tourney.

I'd hold Stalling back until Thursday if I was making the call.

Totally get this line of thinking, but I do think a run in the conference tournament could give confidence for the rest of the postseason and have carryover into 2020. I really struggle to think we can beat a #1 seed at their place 2 out of 3 times - which is essentially what it will take to advance - without Crochet. I'm hopeful he can pitch but I don't see him being the same with a mask.

Maybe Tony V. rolls the dice and saves Stallings for game 2 of a regional against the host school.

I dont see Neely starting any of the games. I believe Hunley or Sewell will fill in and start for Crochet if we go a few games deep into the tourney.

Really? Cockrell said Sunday on the Mathews show he figured Heflin or Neely. We shall see.

Neely?...wow...that blows me away...guess it depends on Coach V's strategy for the SEC Tourney vs the regionals...well, guess we'll see today...and...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back