Pirate helmet sticker to honor Mike Leach?

SEC should do something, ask his family how they would like him to be honored. Coach Leach was an organ donor maybe the family would like that to be part of his legacy and part of him being honored during their bowl game.

Steve Spurrier and his fun ‘n gun had a bigger impact though

So? Leach is the one we will celebrate and appreciate today. It isn't about who had more of an impact or more success. None of that matters today. Today, we are just thankful that Leach did make an impact not just on the game of college football, but on the lives of many.

SEC should do something, ask his family how they would like him to be honored. Coach Leach was an organ donor maybe the family would like that to be part of his legacy and part of him being honored during their bowl game.

All we need is for the muscle of Volnation to flex itself. Flood Sanky's office with emails and regular mails insisting the SEC honors Mike. Further, do the same for SEC rival ADs to get involved. Collectively, VN is one heck of a force. If that doesn't work, incite SEC fans of bowl bound teams to wave the Jolly Roger in their team colors at their bow games. We're VN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the guy! His "fat girlfriends" is a classic! I can't believe how much this has saddened me.

Yea, me too, really sad. It hit even closer to home because I recently lost 2 good friends to heart disease/failure, ages 58 and 60.
The program on SEC Network yesterday honoring Coach Leach was great. Even showed a taped show called "Portraits" hosted by the Bates guy that played linebacker at Florida (his Dad was an assistant coach for awhile at UT). The show was taped in Key West, and Coach Leach was interviewed in Captain Tony's bar.

Blaise D'Sylva
@wtfcoach

14m

Normally back of helmet stickers don't qualify as a new helmet but this one by Miami @MiamiOHFootball today honoring Coach Leach in the Bahamas Bowl does.

FkHHn5vUUAANgHn

We only have a few shining personalities in this sport and Leach was among the brightest. By far the most interesting, and I'd wager the smartest person in the room no matter the company.

We lost a treasure, all of college football did.

I was reading on another site(SDS),an Alabama fan wrote that he thought that all SEC bowl schools should wear a "pirate flag "sticker on the back of all helmets to recognize Mike Leach.I think that this would be a good thing for him-coach,freethinker,pirate that he was.

#1. I can't believe he is actually gone. RIP coach!

#2. I can't believe a bama fan had a good idea! :cool:

Reactions: HeadVol77
Huepel took a couple great Oc's playbooks he learned, tweaked them and made a potent offense, mix of fun n gun, west coast, and try to stop me

Reactions: HeadVol77
Ky owns him literally! Its where he first hit the scene big and they've always beaten his MSU teams ta death in Lexington. RIP to the guy, but he def was not a good fit in Knoxville!

I'm sincerely sorry if am "that person" but if there's any more room on the helmet with that and and Virginia memorial decals?

Why?? Put a sticker on your car if you liked him so much. He was just a weird dude that had a mediocre record. Not like he ever had any outsiders to his dinner table.

Show some damn respect.

Trashy comment.
Why? None of us knew him. How about you ask the kids if they knew him. Not every loss in the world needs memorialized. Just remember fondly and move on. Birth and death is the one thing all of us have in common.

Nothing disrespectful about it. I do admit it sounds that way though. Definitely a loss but not from a part of the vfl family.

Last edited:
Washi gto E="jim pique, post: 22203005, member: 12464"]I was reading on another site(SDS),an Alabama fan wrote that he thought that all SEC bowl schools should wear a "pirate flag "sticker on the back of all helmets to recognize Mike Leach.I think that this would be a good thing for him-coach,freethinker,pirate that he was.[/QUOTE]
Washington State had ML stickers on their helmets today. However their offense was anemic without Leach at the helm.

Why? None of us knew him. How about you ask the kids if they knew him. Not every loss in the world needs memorialized. Just remember fondly and move on. Birth and death is the one thing all of us have in common.

Nothing disrespectful about it. I do admit it sounds that way though. Definitely a loss but not from a part of the vfl family.
He’s part of the SEC Community and part of the college football community. Many of the UT kids knew him. They were recruited by him. You may not have known him but many people associated with UT knew him including our coach. Again your life must suck if honoring Leach with a sticker bothers you.

Reactions: EZE

VN Store

Back