- Aug 23, 2013
Indiana University - Big 10 Conferance
Took 2 of 3 from Memphis last weekend......
Indiana out of the overrated Big 10 conference, has been to five regionals in the last six years, the Hoosiers return seven regulars from last year’s 40-win team that finished at or near the top of the league in most hitting categories. Highlighting the key returnees is preseason All-American OF Matt Gorski (.356/.404/.554, 8 HR, 24 SB), a good hitter who wreaks havoc on the basepaths and was an all-conference selection a year ago. As one of the better two-way players in the country, senior 1B/RHP Matt Lloyd (.275/.356/.458, with 9 home runs; 1.54 with 7 saves) provides middle of the order pop from the left side and works at 90-93 mph with sink when closing out games. Junior 1B/DH Scott Bradley (.326/.446/.536, with 7 home runs) is a dangerous hitter from the left side. Outfielder Elijah Dunham’s (.250/.361/.338) emergence this fall has been a bright spot, as the sophomore appears primed to add big-time power to an already potent offense.
The Hoosiers return a healthy cache of veteran arms. Anchoring the rotation is senior righty Pauly Milto (8-2, 2.03). Milto will likely be joined in the rotation by RHP Tanner Gordon, a junior college transfer from John A. Logan who sits 90-94 mph with his fastball and works downhill from a well-proportioned 6-foot-5, 215-pound frame. Junior LHP Cameron Beauchamp (4-1, 3.78, 43 SO) is a candidate to round out the weekend rotation after starting 10 games as a sophomore. He owns a solid three-pitch mix highlighted by a 93-94 mph fastball and a plus slider. A pitchability lefty with feel for three pitches, sophomore Tommy Sommer (2-1, 3.07 with 1 save) figures to be another key arm for the Hoosiers. Junior RHP Cal Krueger (7-2, 3.02 with 3 saves) pounds the zone with sinkers and sliders and will again be a go-to arm out of the pen.
A healthy balance of veteran bats and arms leaves the Hoosiers primed for another regional berth.
Indiana Schedule, 2019 Baseball Schedule - Indiana University Athletics
Indiana Roster, 2019 Baseball Roster - Indiana University Athletics
Simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or SWEPT
Rules are simple and may change without notice:
1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the weekend series
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $500 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. More rules may be added at my discretion
8. No wagering, 2019 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
9. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I
Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 . No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 1 or 2 games due to weather
NO DOUBLE-UP UNTIL SEC PLAY BEGINS, WEEKDAY GAMES MAY OR MAY NOT BE POSTED
Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT