- Aug 23, 2013
THIS WEEK HAS A 2 POINT BONUS QUESTION, SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
Fresno State Bulldogs
6-3 Record, Mountain West Conference
RHP Ryan Jensen (2-6, 5.35) and LHP Nikoh Mitchell (4-3, 3.28) are slated to be Friday/Saturday starters after combining for 26 starts, 42 appearances and 125 innings. Jensen could be in store for a special season after hitting 99 on the gun at times in the fall, sitting at 94-95 consistently. Mitchell held opposing batters to a .197 average and is part of a large sophomore class that could lead to a big turnaround. Speaking of, LHP Jaime Arias (5-1, 3.69) was named a Freshman All American last year and will team with fellow sophomore Jamison Hill (3-5, 6.13, 5 saves) to lead a deep bullpen that has seven notable returnees who made 16 appearances or more last year.
OF Zach Ashford (.352/.406/.489) is called “one of the best hitters in the country” by his coaches and C Carter Bins (.301/.372/.526) could quietly be a serious contender for the Johnny Bench Award this season. The middle infield duo of 2B Nolan Dempsey (.307/.385/.439) and SS JT Arruda (.305/.391/.500) are a pair of solid defenders while also possessing a good bit of power in their sticks, hitting four and eight home runs a year ago, respectively. But the biggest lumberjack on the team is DH Zach Presno (yes, a Presno in Fresno), who only made 21 starts a year ago but hit eight home runs in his freshman season. Look for him to make a jump and also to fill in at catcher for Bins on occasion.
Fresno State Schedule, 2019 Baseball Schedule - Fresno State Athletics
Fresno State Roster, 2019 Baseball Roster - Fresno State Athletics
Simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or SWEPT
BONUS QUESTION FOR 2 POINTS, PICK THE CORRECT DATE THE VOLS WILL LOSE FOR THE 1ST TIME IN 2019
here is the schedule to pick the date, 2019 Baseball Schedule - University of Tennessee Athletics
Rules are simple and may change without notice:
1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the weekend series
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $500 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. More rules may be added at my discretion
8. No wagering, 2019 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
9. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I
Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 . No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 1 or 2 games due to weather
NO DOUBLE-UP UNTIL SEC PLAY BEGINS, WEEKDAY GAMES MAY OR MAY NOT BE POSTED
Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT