Pick'em - Auburn

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
DOUBLE UP IS IN PLAY, WIN MORE and LOSE MORE

auburn_logo.png

Auburn Tigers - War Eagle
15-2 Record, SEC​

The Tigers lost a good one at the end of last season in All-American righthander Casey Mize, but they had plenty of hope on the mound with the return of another righty, Tanner Burns. Burns was sensational as a freshman last season and only has continued that success this season.

Burns was outstanding Friday night in a dominant 5-0 win over Cincinnati. He struck out 15, didn’t allow a single walk and allowed just two hits in a complete game shutout performance. He threw 104 pitches in the victory.
For the season, Burns is putting up video game numbers. He has an 0.92 ERA in 19.2 innings, along with 29 strikeouts and just three walks. Amazingly, teams are hitting Burns at just a .106 clip.

There was plenty of pressure on Burns entering this season, and there’s even more now. First it was losing Mize to the draft, now righthander and fellow starting pitcher Davis Daniel is down with an injury for a few more weeks. Yet, with the pitching load for this team on his shoulders, continues to dominate opponents.
Pretty impressive, Tanner.

Auburn Schedule, 2019 Baseball Schedule - Auburn University Athletics
Auburn Roster, https://auburntigers.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

________________________________________________________________________________________

Simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or SWEPT
and if you'd like to Double your points, Say "Double Up"

however, if you are not correct, you lose the original point total........

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the weekend series
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept, also you can Double Up if you're feeling lucky
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $500 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. More rules may be added at my discretion
8. No wagering, 2019 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums.
9. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

Point System
Weekend Series
3 Points awarded if you correctly pick 2-1, 1-2 . No points awarded for a 1 game weekend series
1 Point awarded if you pick 2-1 and the Vols Sweep
6 Points awarded if you correctly pick a Sweep or Swept, doesn't matter if we only get in 1 or 2 games due to weather

Double Up
12 Points for Sweep or Swept and correct
6 Points for 2-1 or 1-2 and correct
2 Points for 2-1 and we Sweep
-6 for Sweep or Swept and incorrect
-3 for 2-1 or 1-2 and incorrect

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

VN Store

Back