Phrases/Cliches that annoy you.

"intel"
"Don't sell without the intel".
Used by Nashville real estate agent concerning selling a home.
It's acceptable for war, military.

The hill I will die on is when people say “intel” instead of “intelligence.” Just say the full word.

Also calling any piece of information “intelligence.”

“Intelligence says the enemy has tanks” No, dummy, that’s just information, everyone knows the enemy has tanks.

I can’t handle, “can I be honest with you?” Really used car salesman type question.
I usually reply “no rather you lie to me.“
Or “So you haven’t been?”

Reactions: GVF
reality stars Todd and Julie Christy ------------- go away forever
Eh...... ill worry about what they did when every politician who skimmed the books gets punished as well. They didn't do anything they don't the chrisleys just didn't have enough friends in high places

Stupid language that principals use when speaking to teachers.

Phrases like “model” instead of “demonstrate”or “provide examples.”
“Remember to always model the lesson for your students!”

Or “artifact” for lesson plans (this one is probably the most ridiculous recent change). “Did everyone bring their artifact for today’s PLC meeting?” PLC (professional learning community) that’s another one. Just say “grade level.”

In education, some administrators, their only job is to change the language/vocabulary of what teachers are currently doing to make it sound new and cutting edge, but really, it’s something we all have been doing for decades. It’s so pretentious, especially when people take it so seriously.

VN Store

Back