Phone app

VOLnFLA

VolsoHard
I havent been able to get the phone site on my phone for about a week now. When I pull it up on my phone it's jus the regular desktop version of the site instead of the phone version. Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried the contact us and to send a message to freak and they both say "oops there's a problem"

Reactions: gbvol75
I havent been able to get the phone site on my phone for about a week now. Is anyone else having this problem? I've tried the contact us and to send a message to freak and they both say "oops there's a problem"
We've had some issues with the mobile version that we were using and had to disable it for now. I'm working on a fix.

Reactions: gbvol75
The ads on iPhone have been bouncing my screen all around. I just lost a post that I wrote but hadn’t clicked POST REPLY yet. It disappeared when the screen started bouncing about.

The ads on iPhone have been bouncing my screen all around. I just lost a post that I wrote but hadn’t clicked POST REPLY yet. It disappeared when the screen started bouncing about.
Bouncing your screen around? I haven't experienced anything like that on my iphone but I'll keep an eye out. Using Safari?

Yes. Safari. I guess it’s more like an unwanted scrolling. But it seems to be triggered, or at least happens, with an ad that isn’t static having a lot of flashing going on.

I have terrible trouble on my Android when I use the quote feature. It will add blank lines repeatedly, sometimes hundreds. And it takes forever to fix. Does not matter what browser either as I have tried different ones. Running Android 13.

I have terrible trouble on my Android when I use the quote feature. It will add blank lines repeatedly, sometimes hundreds. And it takes forever to fix. Does not matter what browser either as I have tried different ones. Running Android 13.
No immediate plans. That said, I have an android phone and I don’t seem to have any issues using chrome.

anyone else having similar issues with android?

Chrome on my Android (Samsung S 22+) keeps freezing on this site and can only fix by closing the Chrome app altogether.

Still happening occasionally today.
Are you running the latest version of chrome? I'll spend some more time on my android and see if I can duplicate it. I haven't been able to so far.

I’ve lost about a half dozen or more (long) posts that I’m writing vanish before I’m done. It seems to be related to when ads refresh. My two work arounds are to periodically save my work to a clipboard (like it’s 1992) or post what I have and then edit it. Awkward.

Safari on IOS 16.4. It doesn’t happen on other websites, but those typically only have short entries rather than long narratives.

A Dell ad underneath the post was involved in the last “unwanted deletion”.

It could be my phone. Some websites don’t ALWAYS load immediately. But VN dot com ALWAYS loads about a half page and is stuck for 45 seconds begire it is functional.

Last edited:

Losing the posts that I compose has been a chronic problem that never went away. It was less frequent but still was happening at times. It’s predicated by the screen becoming unresponsive for a few seconds and I believe also when the ad changes.

I was on the latest iOS and Safari. Since it had been continuing for so long (although with less frequency) I loaded Firefox to see if it would go away. It is far worse of an issue with FF. HOWEVER, when in Safari (when first launching a session - or having been off of VN as the active window for a long time) I must wait 30-45 seconds for more than just the first dozen or so posts to load and the screen to become responsive. When I use Firefox the touchscreen interface is immediately responsive and all posts load immediately upon starting a session.

Losing the posts that I compose has been a chronic problem that never went away. It was less frequent but still was happening at times. It’s predicated by the screen becoming unresponsive for a few seconds and I believe also when the ad changes.

I was on the latest iOS and Safari. Since it had been continuing for so long (although with less frequency) I loaded Firefox to see if it would go away. It is far worse of an issue with FF. HOWEVER, when in Safari (when first launching a session - or having been off of VN as the active window for a long time) I must wait 30-45 seconds for more than just the first dozen or so posts to load and the screen to become responsive. When I use Firefox the touchscreen interface is immediately responsive and all posts load immediately upon starting a session.
Thanks for the feedback. As I’ve posted in another thread there seems to be a an issue with a small subset of users. I use safari and don’t have any issues. I’m hoping an upcoming software upgrade will fix it. I’m also working on the page refresh as a separate issue.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
Thanks for the feedback. As I’ve posted in another thread there seems to be a an issue with a small subset of users. I use safari and don’t have any issues. I’m hoping an upcoming software upgrade will fix it. I’m also working on the page refresh as a separate issue.

It’s weird that it was noticeably worse as soon as I switched from Safari to Firefox yet Firefox loaded the sessions immediately while Safari was ALWAYS taking about 45 seconds to load all the posts and for the screen interface to become functional.

Thanks for the response.

My issue does seem to surface only when I am navigating INSIDE of specific threads. When I am switching from forum to forum I don’t lock up or see the entire window hiccup. Perhaps it is correlated to the size of the threads.

It’s almost as if an ad tries to hijack the entire window, there’s a hesitation or a pause, and then the screen refreshes and is back to normal. Except that any posts that I’m creating are deleted as well. So I try to remember to COPY what I’ve written after every couple of sentences.

I’m back on Safari and now the lost posts are occurring as frequently as Firefox. But Safari still takes 30-45 seconds to initially load while Firefox is immediate.

I’m back on Safari and now the lost posts are occurring as frequently as Firefox. But Safari still takes 30-45 seconds to initially load while Firefox is immediate.
You might try clearing your cache and checking wifi connection. Posts taking 30-45 seconds to load, with the exception of maybe a post with at least a dozen large images, isn't something that's occurring on this end.

The text box thing is definitely an issue on our end and I'm working on it.

You might try clearing your cache and checking wifi connection. Posts taking 30-45 seconds to load, with the exception of maybe a post with at least a dozen large images, isn't something that's occurring on this end.

The text box thing is definitely an issue on our end and I'm working on it.

The slow loading is VERY consistent and almost exclusively on VN dot com. Before and after the last iOS update. BUT, most of everything else that I do on my iPhone is with an app.

And I lost another post as I was writing it five minutes ago. That’s been happening all day on almost every comment I’m posting. And this isn’t a very large thread.

The slow loading is VERY consistent and almost exclusively on VN dot com. Before and after the last iOS update. BUT, most of everything else that I do on my iPhone is with an app.
I get that. I'm just saying, it's not happening to most people here and things are fine for me personally. If you're waiting 30-45 seconds for pages to load, it's something on your device or with your isp or a connection between your isp and volnation.

I cleared the Safari cache and the 30-45 second delay while the website initializes still happens. 100% of the time (unless I only close the window for a very short amount of time).

I don’t believe it is a connection issue. It happens when using the home, wireless connection (AT&T Fiber) and also if I use the wireless service (Verizon). Pretty much 100% of the time when loading VN dot com but not when I go to other websites (Google dot com, utsports dot com, Wikipedia dot com, etc).

VN Store

Back