Phillip Fulmer an evil genius?

By hiring away Pruitt he ruined Alabama's shot at a playoff birth this year. Their defense is atrocious without Pruitt. They can't stop the run or defend the pass. By hiring away Chaney he ruined Georgia's shot for a spot in the playoffs this year. Their offense has been exposed, after losing the game to South Carolina they could not move the football for 3 and a half quarters against mighty Kentucky. Kentucky had 2 yards passing in that game and was still in it until a bad turnover in the fourth quarter. Under Chaney Fromm appeared to be a future NFL star. Now the media and fans are asking why he is even the starter. I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for Alabama's dynasty. I believe its down hill from here for Georgia as well.

You forgot the blue font.

By hiring away Pruitt he ruined Alabama's shot at a playoff birth this year.

Fulmer is enough of a pre Madonna to try to hurt Bama's chance of getting a "birth". If we had a QB with enough pocket presents last night, Bama's playoff chances would be done for all intensive purposes...

By hiring away Pruitt he ruined Alabama's shot at a playoff birth this year. Their defense is atrocious without Pruitt. They can't stop the run or defend the pass. By hiring away Chaney he ruined Georgia's shot for a spot in the playoffs this year. Their offense has been exposed, after losing the game to South Carolina they could not move the football for 3 and a half quarters against mighty Kentucky. Kentucky had 2 yards passing in that game and was still in it until a bad turnover in the fourth quarter. Under Chaney Fromm appeared to be a future NFL star. Now the media and fans are asking why he is even the starter. I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for Alabama's dynasty. I believe its down hill from here for Georgia as well.
Intuitive post.

It's very possible that five years from now it will be all Tennessee and Florida again.

Reactions: Lane Train 4

you are a genius

This is the same guy who couldn't keep his job with a contract that automatically rolled over with an 8 win season.

So I agree you need to pump the brakes on either teams playoff chance being ruined. I always thought UGA was more hype than substance and while Bama looked human last night they also will get Tua back. In case you missed it they didn’t punt once with Tua in the game and except for that INT they pretty much moved the ball effectively against our D.
I think Bama is on their way down but they are pretty far up a large mountain so they have a ways to drop before they suddenly become a dead dynasty. The fact that there speculation on how much Saban will want to keep coaching won’t help them either as more and more recruits will start to factor in whether he will be there their whole time will factor into the decision of many top recruits.
UGA always has and always will be way over hyped. All this title talk these pst couple years and the reality is they are in the exact same spot they were in early for n Richts career there. I think their best shot was 2 years ago, with Richts roster essentially and they blew that and now all those great players are leaving and now the way they are developing players I don’t see them getting back there. Too worried about following Sabans blueprint instead of doing his own thing.
No matter that Saban seems to be a very young 67/68? and is on top of his game, his age will begin to catch up with him in regards to recruiting. Every year increases the possibility he won't be there to finish out the new class's career. I suspect it's already in the early stages of affecting recruiting. Age will get us all, even Saban.

Fulmer is a VFL and has done some great things for UT, but I don’t think anyone would ever seriously consider him a genius.

He is a genius to have gotten this far with his skill set. You would think a guy with 150 plus wins, couple of SEC championships and a national championship would get a sniff from the NFL or other college teams?

He is a genius to have gotten this far with his skill set. You would think a guy with 150 plus wins, couple of SEC championships and a national championship would get a sniff from the NFL or other college teams?

When coaches hit certain age it's not easy at all to be considered in NFL, or for major college openings. Les Miles is another example of this - very similar to CPF. This in no way detracts what they have both accomplished in their careers (hall of fame NC winning coaches from major SEC programs so as far as coaching world goes they are both geniuses, regardless of whether fans who criticize them for whatever reason like to admit - their records speak for themselves).

Is it to soon bump this thread or should it wait until after LSU kills Georgia Saturday?

I forget where I posted it, but I did, so...

UGA will be the best defense LSU has faced. LSU will be the best offense UGA has faced.

LSU defense gives up yards and points to good offenses. UGA has a good, balanced offense.

If UGA can hold LSU to 31 points or less, I think UGA can...not will, but can...win this game.

So I think I went 34-31 UGA. I don't remember how I came up with 34 for UGA. But I did, so...

Go Bulldogs.

Phillip is and always been a VFL. Many won't give hime credit for that. Not an evil bone in his body but so many don't realizxe that he is a smart man who knows exactly what he is doing. It will work ou t well for us.

Reactions: Nickid1975

UGA will be the best defense LSU has faced. LSU will be the best offense UGA has faced.

LSU defense gives up yards and points to good offenses. UGA has a good, balanced offense.

If UGA can hold LSU to 31 points or less, I think UGA can...not will, but can...win this game.

So I think I went 34-31 UGA. I don't remember how I came up with 34 for UGA. But I did, so...

Go Bulldogs.

I would hardly call Georgia’s offense good for the vast majority of the season. Tigers by 10+

Go Bulldogs.
I just can't agree with you about Georgia offense. Yes they are the best defense LSU will face until the playoffs. If Georgia still had Chaney they would be the #1 team in the nation.

JMHO. Fulmer restored respect for UT after the Coaching search fiasco. We were the laughing stock of college football and immediately upon his being named AD the derision stopped. Regardless of your feelings about him personally he is obviously respected by the coaching and football media circles. Granted CJP was a stretch, and two months ago it looked like another losing lottery ticket, but now it is starting to make sense.

I’ve followed the Vols since the seventies and after Hamilton and Currie I’m glad to have an old school AD to hopefully bring our football program back from the dead. It could still stall, but I really hope we keep improving. I’m really proud of this team, but am also glad that CJP keeps talking about getting better. It’s sickening to be celebrating wins over USCjr, KY, & Vandy. I wish I could banish the last decade from my memory.

VN Store

Back