Philip Jurick- 2008 Bball Prospect

Carter McMasters is the other kid from Chattanooga getting some love and he is now a legit 7' now, Clemson is also trying hard for him. One thing lost in the shuffle about CBP watching Jurick the other night was that there was also an Asst. Coach from Indiana there at the game.

East Ridge vs. Grace Academy tonight at East Ridge. That's Jurick vs. McMasters although Grace does have another kid that is 6'9".

I have seen them both play...McMasters is very weak to be his height...very skinny and likes to play outside and cannot block a ball thrown at his face...and he is not 7foot...listed at 6'9...sames goes for jurick..he is listed at 6'9 but is beefier and more muscular...he is still developing his game but he is great defensive skills as far as blocking and rebounding skills as well as stong hands...his shot is defiently still developing...hard for him to play his true postion b/c with his size in high school he is getting double teamed and sometimes triple teamed and players tend to "flop" instead of tryin to guard him...i am excited to see what he does the rest of this yr and all of next yr...I see them both playing ball somewhere but jurick has the heads up over the two

ER won the game, and Jurick only did OK. I went to ER and go to a few of the games to check Jurick out. IMO he has a long way to go to live up to his hype and lofty rivals ranking. He plays great when he is pissed off, which usually happens sometime in the second half when he is getting slapped by guys that are triple teaming him. He doesn't have much of a shot to speak of, and he NEVER dribbles. He still has all of that to develop. He is a rebounding machine, not just because of his size, but because he has good positioning around the basket. When he is playing agressively, he can be a monster on both sides of the ball. I've seen him run out from under the basket and block 3 pointers into the stands. He can fight through triple teams and slam it home whenever he gets pumped up enough to play like he is capable.

I think he will develop into the player he can be, due mainly to his coach at ER, who was a former college assistant. Jurick has already bulked up significantly compared to last year, and they keep working on his conditioning and dribbling as well.

He needs to keep his head on straight off of the court too. He has had some discipline problems, but I'm not sure how legit they are. I've heard different stories of situations, and I'm not sure which one is true.

Indiana is pushing hard for him, he has already gone there twice that I know of. I'd say it is 50/50 between Indiana and UT, but last week I was at a game and a Bama scout was there checking him out and talking to school officials. It's way too early to tell who is his one favorite.

And as for McMasters, I'm pretty certain he isn't a legit 7 footer. I believe he is still around 6'10" and I'm not sure what he will do in college. He is scrawny, and plays more like a guard than a PF or C. He takes tons of jump shots compared to driving to the basket, and he won't be guarding Jurick at all this year. The 6'9" Grace guy will be defending him instead. To me, that shows McMasters is deficient defensively. He will have to guard bigger men in college, he can't get away with guarding small forwards.

I would defiently check on them on the first part of the month..they play Grace again (with the 6'9 Carter McMasters) and they also play Temple, who is prolly one of the top 5 teams in the area. Dont write it down, but i think it is Feb 12....

VN Store

Back