Phil Steele Gives the Vols No Love

ukvols

I glanced at his magazine in a grocery today, and he picked the Vols to go to the Music City Bowl and play Wisconsin. He has UT finishing 3rd in the East. He cited the tough schedule and the close wins from last year. He pretty much thinks that the team was not as good last year as their record would indicate. At least this should take away some of the jinx of being picked 1st. :question:

What else did people want from Tennessee last season? Close wins...so what? A win is a win. You would think starting freshmen QB's and winning games would get some respect. You would think that putting in the 3rd string QB and still winning games would get some respect. You would think that beating UGA at home with these young players in vital positions would get some respect. You would think that going to the SECCG when they weren't even picked to come close to winning the east would get some respect.

On top of that, you would think that having such a young secondary and still doing enough to win games would get respect.

But I guess that none of that matters. I guess it was all a fluke and we are doomed this season because we return just about everyone we had playing last year with one more year of experience under their belts.

Please! :rolleyes:

Normally I would be alright with this kind of pick, because the East in all reality should turn into a three-way race between us, UGA and UF. But after listening to a Finebaum clip with him on it, he had picked Bama as a darkhorse to win the national championship. Deduction:

Phil Steele is an idiot.

Steele must be a Florida fan. He went on and on about the clock management in that game last year by the officials.

Music City Bowl!!!!!!!! If we are gonna be that bad I at least hope we get the Independence Bowl. That way I can go!! :ninja:

Hes nuts!!! :bad:

i think we are better then the record last year indicates. we should have beat notre dame nad auburn the second time around. our other loss was to an undefeated team.

We should welcome this kind of crap and use it as motivation. In recent years we've played better and had our biggest wins when disrespected.

Personally, I like Steele and his magazine.

Don't agree with his picks but at least he breaks down the teams well.

We could finish in 3rd but I doubt it

The magazine is the most complete and thorough one out there.

at least he makes good bulletin board material, like gas on a fire! Stoke it up boys!

Originally posted by maryvillereb2003@Aug 10, 2005 5:40 PM
i really dislike phil steele! :crazy:  :bad:  :banghead:  :geek:  :dunno:  :moon2:  :scare:  :wacko:  :stop:  :yuck:
[snapback]125320[/snapback]​

:birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle:

:bad: :dunno: Excuse my lack of knowledge of "expert prognosticators" but, who the hell is Phil Steele? :yuck:

He must be an unstudy to Beano Cook! :thefinger: :thefinger: :crazy:

and I'll bet Beano is picking Notre Dame and Penn St to play for the National Championship, both with 13-0 seasons :w00t:

He picked Alabama to be a darkhorse NC pick...not that they would be in it

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 15, 2005 4:36 PM
It's the fact that he put "Alabama" and "National championship" in the same sentence
[snapback]126930[/snapback]​

I've never heard of this Phil Steele guy but he is obviously a very sick man. Suffering from hallucinations.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 15, 2005 4:36 PM
It's the fact that he put "Alabama" and "National championship" in the same sentence
[snapback]126930[/snapback]​

It is pretty disgusting/laughable

I, in all honesty, can say that I have never been a Phil Steele fan, so I guess I expect these things. I don't agree with him, but he is entilted to his opinions. I just hope his competition points out his obvious errors next year. BTW, Alabama and national championship could work in the same sentence. Examples include "After Alabama lost to the National Championship Tennessee Vols." "Alabama will not win a national championship this year." SO there are combinations that work. :lol:

Originally posted by VolFantotheBone@Aug 15, 2005 7:26 PM
I, in all honesty, can say that I have never been a Phil Steele fan, so I guess I expect these things.  I don't agree with him, but he is entilted to his opinions.  I just hope his competition points out his obvious errors next year.    BTW, Alabama and national championship could work in the same sentence.  Examples include "After Alabama lost to the National Championship Tennessee Vols."  "Alabama will not win a national championship this year."  SO there are combinations that work.    :lol:
[snapback]126959[/snapback]​

"Alabama thinks they [have won how many N'tl Championships?"

Yah. It works sometimes...

VN Store

Back