Phil Fulmer to (fill in the blank) thread...merged

I hate to disagree but as pure coaches go Fulmer is as good as it gets. He was great at coaching both offense and offensive line before he became head coach. His downfalls were two fold, He mis-hired some assistants and was too much of a father figure to kids you should never have gotten as many chances as they got. He simply was not tough enough on the kids.
All that being said Notre Dame has got to find their own "Lane Kiffin", a young guy who can recruit and be around for a while. If Fulmer wants to coach again it will have to be at a smaller school. Most of the big boys will look back at those player behavior problems and say not at my school.

Has anyone seen that video of Fulmer in that large conference room talking to the Tennessee players about the tradition of Tennessee? All the players looked bored and wanted to leave? Can you fathom the talks of tradition at Notre Dame? They will want to transfer.

by best pure coach, do you mean as long as the opposing coach is not in the top 25? :eek:lol:

stats as of 9/08
Fulmer's Record Since 1998

Head to head records among these 7 coaches:
Miles 9-4 (.692)
Meyer 9-6 (.600)
Tuberville 17-13 (.567)
Richt 15-13 (.536)
Spurrier 16-14 (.533)
Saban 8-10 (.444)
Fulmer 11-25 (.306)
8-17 (.320) vs. Top 10 teams 1999 - present
1-8 (.111) vs. Top 10 teams at home 2000 - present
6-15 (.286) vs. Top 10 teams 2000 - present
20-26 (.435) vs. Ranked Teams 1999 - present
11-19 (.367) vs. Ranked Teams 2002 - present
3-5 (.375) Bowl games since 1998 (all losses were by double digits)

ESPN
Hey it could happen.:unsure:

Just because Fulmer maybe interested in ND, that doesn't mean that ND is interested in him.

Hell, I'm interested in the Notre Dame job... does that make me any more or less of a candidate than Phil?

Fulmer is exactly what they need. UT is similar to Notre Dame in that they recruit nationally. He has the experience and drive to get it done. Even more, he won't be facing an SEC schedule this time.

Perfect fit, but it will never happen. Notre Dame needs hype around it's program. Fulmer won't bring that. Realistically, only Meyer brings a lot of hype to Notre Dame.

Yes, if they want to continue losing on a consistent basis to every good team on their schedule, they should snatch up Krispy Kreme.

No way. If he gets hired it'll be 7-5 seasons. There will be more pressure there, than in Knoxville.

lmao...i am sure he would love to have it...no way he is in serious consideration

VN Store

Back