PG after Bone leaves?

Tennessteve

After we lose Jordan Bone, who are we going to turn to?

Do we have someone coming in who is going to run point?

Do you think we will look for a grad transfer at that time?

Are we actively recruiting a PG?
I would assume Tennessee looks like a great option for a top tier PG prospect. They will be coming into an experienced team that is able to compete right away.

(I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I've been away from the forums for quite a while, and I wasn't able to find anything on the subject in my 15 minutes of searching.)

Reactions: RollerVol
Josiah James

Do we anticipate him being a 1 and done? If so, he will play alongside Bone next year, then leave. I know he's capable of running point, but I figured he would be a guard/small forward type of player given his size. I could be way off base though.

Do we anticipate him being a 1 and done? If so, he will play alongside Bone next year, then leave. I know he's capable of running point, but I figured he would be a guard/small forward type of player given his size. I could be way off base though.

I doubt he’s a one and done.

2 years we get out of him the most.

We have 2 commitments for 2020 24/7: #31 a small forward and #32 a shooting guard both 4 star

Josiah james might get the start over turner if turner is not hitting next year and Josiah is.

I just don’t see him playing PG at this level.

Unless TN signs a top rated PG, I think that James is the starting PG in 2020-21. He'll get occadional minutes in 2019-20, but spelling Bone at PG is Turner's job to lose next year.

I wonder if Bowden plays any PG next year. I thought that he was starting to look pretty serviceable this year after a few games, but seems like he's kind of given up that role with Turner back on the court after his shoulder got better.

Unless TN signs a top rated PG, I think that James is the starting PG in 2020-21. He'll get occadional minutes in 2019-20, but spelling Bone at PG is Turner's job to lose next year.

I wonder if Bowden plays any PG next year. I thought that he was starting to look pretty serviceable this year after a few games, but seems like he's kind of given up that role with Turner back on the court after his shoulder got better.
Disagree, think Turner would be 3rd option at PG next year with JJ getting backup PG duty.

VN Store

Back