Peyton Manning Sports Belle Jersey

Hello all,
I wanted to pick the brains of some of the Vols experts here.
I bought a large collection of college game used jerseys, and among the jerseys was this Volunteers #16 jersey.
There are no patches or nameplate on the jersey, but I have seen other gamers (a Todd Helton football jersey) with the same Sport Belle tagging.
Any chance this was a team issued, or a game jersey that never was used or had a nameplate added? Or is this a store bought Manning jersey?
I'd appreciate any opinions and thanks for reading my post.
manning1.jpgmanning2.jpgmanning3.jpg

Have an “authentic” Orange Jersey that was bought at retail and there are a some differences I see but I can’t speak to yours as it’s isn’t an away color combo; may just be different.
1. No SEC button at the point of the collar.
2. My label says “Tennessee Collection” and size is under that with Sports Belle logo to the right.
3. Length looks short for an on field product.
4. Doesn’t appear to have a stretchable insert under the arm down the length of the jersey. It would be stitched between the front and back panels.
5. Sleeve ends are not elasticized. This could just be style difference though.

hope this helps!

Thanks a lot guys.
Yes, I did notice the lack of the SEC patch. Was thinking if this could have been team issued, perhaps these patches, and another others patches/nameplates were added later.

Yes as VOLfrombama had showed in his photo, Manning wore both Adidas and Sports Belle during his tenure at Tennessee.
Here are images of a Todd Helton Sport Belle gamer. A little different style, and obviously the Helton has the patches.helton.jpghelton2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,
I wanted to pick the brains of some of the Vols experts here.
I bought a large collection of college game used jerseys, and among the jerseys was this Volunteers #16 jersey.
There are no patches or nameplate on the jersey, but I have seen other gamers (a Todd Helton football jersey) with the same Sport Belle tagging.
Any chance this was a team issued, or a game jersey that never was used or had a nameplate added? Or is this a store bought Manning jersey?
I'd appreciate any opinions and thanks for reading my post.
View attachment 251605View attachment 251606View attachment 251607
Stripes on the sleeves is a dead give away. Not a official Tennessee game jersey

I don't want to come off as I am stating that this is a game used jersey. Given the collection it came it, I am trying to ascertain what it is.
Is it a store bought jersey? A team issued jersey that didn't have patches applied? A team used practice jersey.
I know the odds are in its favor that its a store bought jersey, but wanted to seek opinions and research it.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Ok thanks BDP, Yes, the stripes threw me for a loop as I could not find any images of him with sleeve stripes.
Did Tennessee at that era ever have sleeve stripes?

The black outline on the white jerseys first appeared for the South Carolina game in 1994. But I don't recall the orange stripes on the sleeves.

Not true.....left shoulder

View attachment 251628
LOL!! You are correct. Mannings first 3 years were Sports Belle. 97 was first year for Adidas.

OP's jersey is not a team issue, it's a retail jersey. Somethings not right bout those arm stripes. Don't think the double orange stripes were on the black outlined number jersey's

Last edited by a moderator:
95 road unis had that (ugly) black trim, but had names on the back.

Yours is cool, but not game worn

Ok thanks BDP, Yes, the stripes threw me for a loop as I could not find any images of him with sleeve stripes.
Did Tennessee at that era ever have sleeve stripes?
Your jersey is an Sports Belle odd ball. It covers 2 different jersey era's. One with the 2 orange stripes on the sleeves but with NO black outlined numbers. The second with black outlined numbers & NO orange stripes on the sleeves. So you do have a rare retail jersey. Probably worth $10

This is simply a retail and/or “made up” jersey. Nothing more than a collectible.

VN Store

Back