Peyton Manning releases statement on Kobe

I saw the photo of Peyton Manning with Pruitt at the Georgia game. Does Peyton attend every home game and does he attend the away games ? Just curious, I know he has the means if not the time.
I highly doubt it. I think he does one big home game per year.

So you don’t have to click the link

“I am incredibly saddened by the tragic news of Kobe Bryant’s passing,” Manning said in a statement. “I always appreciated Kobe’s talent, work-ethic and competitiveness. Most of all, I appreciated his friendship. He was a friend and we worked together recently on several projects. I was honored to be asked by Kobe to be part of his Detail show and really enjoyed our interactions over the years.
“We retired at the same time and had to make that transition together. I am so shocked and saddened. My prayers are with the Bryant family and the families of everyone involved. I will miss Kobe very much just like so many will. It’s just an incredibly sad day.”

He was at the Vols-Kansas game on Saturday. I'm sure he has a handful of games a year that he goes to. Probably just enjoying touring around the country a little.

He was at the Vols-Kansas game on Saturday. I'm sure he has a handful of games a year that he goes to. Probably just enjoying touring around the country a little.
He said that it was a bucket list game to see his Vols play at Kansas and their arena.

Reactions: feathersax
There are two athletes who I can say are completely responsible for my love of sports. Kobe Bryant and Peyton Manning. Both could have you beat before the whistle ever blow. Both displayed a competitive nature unlike any other. Both showed pure class. Both elevated the game they played to another level. And both will leave this world a much better place than they found it.

Glad to see Peyton finally mentioned the families of the other victims. I’m tired of all the posts saying what a tragedy it is to lose Kobe and failing to acknowledge he wasn’t the only passenger on that plane. Hate to sound insensitive, but he was only a basketball player; however, every passenger onboard, Kobe included, was a parent, child, spouse, or loved one of someone, and every loss in that crash was a tragedy that deserves the same attention as the others. Glad to see Peyton acknowledging those other victims and keeping their families in his prayers. Peyton is always a class act!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Peyton finally mentioned the families of the other victims. I’m tired of all the posts saying what a tragedy it is to lose Kobe and failing to acknowledge he wasn’t the only passenger on that plane. Hate to sound incentive, but he was only a basketball player; however, every passenger onboard, Kobe included, was a parent, child, spouse, or loved one of someone, and every loss in that crash was a tragedy that deserves the same attention as the others. Glad to see Peyton acknowledging those other victims and keeping their families in his prayers. Peyton is always a class act!

Hate to sound incentive?

I have seen an awful lot of acknowledgement of all the victims.

Manning and Kobe, both two of the truly greats. Beautiful words from Peyton.

Man, this Kobe death is hitting harder than just about anything I can remember. The only thing close, although in a completely different sports genre’, was when Dale Earnhardt died on the track at Daytona.

Glad to see Peyton finally mentioned the families of the other victims. I’m tired of all the posts saying what a tragedy it is to lose Kobe and failing to acknowledge he wasn’t the only passenger on that plane. Hate to sound insensitive, but he was only a basketball player; however, every passenger onboard, Kobe included, was a parent, child, spouse, or loved one of someone, and every loss in that crash was a tragedy that deserves the same attention as the others. Glad to see Peyton acknowledging those other victims and keeping their families in his prayers. Peyton is always a class act!

And who were those people?
Did they score 81 points against the Toronto Raptors? Did they win 5 championships?
Did they have a legendary love hate relationship with Shaq? Did they give us the closest thing to Michael Jordan since Michael Jordan? Kobe impacted many many many more people than those others who lost their lives. Of course Kobe is going to he mentioned more... He meant more to millions of more people.

It's not a slight against them or disrespect.

Reactions: NomadVol
I wasn't a Laker fan...or really a Kobe fan...but for some reason I am more bummed out about him passing than I thought. There was something likeable about him. Maybe it has to do with so many others being bummed about him? Not sure.

Reactions: NomadVol
Remember when he raped that girl?
First of all: now is most certainly not the time to bring that up

Second: we have this little thing in our country called Due Process which means “innocent until proven guilty” the evidence in that case was pretty spotty. The only real thing we know is that he had sexual relations with her (yes he originally denied it, but as a married man that isn’t proof of guilt of rape). The rest of the evidence was very inconsistent, DNA from another man was found in her underwear in addition to Bryant’s (her explanation was she grabbed dirty underwear the morning of the exam, as a woman I find that explanation dubious at best), the accuser also has a history of mental illness (I did not agree with the press releasing her records publicly, that was wrong but her history is relevant to the case) finally when push came to shove, she refused to testify.

Does this mean she’s a liar? No, but it does provide substantial reasonable doubt.

Last edited:
Remember when he raped that girl?

Let's make it clear. The situation doesn't look good. But this isn't the time.

It would be the equivalent of bringing up the girl who claimed sexual misconduct on Peyton at the time of his death.

Him and the girl settled the situation out of court and she personally chose not to press charges. Details aside I end it when both parties decide too.

I'll keep my judgment and opinions to myself.

First of all: now is most certainly not the time to bring that up

Second: we have this little thing in our country called Due Process which means “innocent until proven guilty” the evidence in that case was pretty spotty. The only real thing we know is that he had sexual relations with her (yes he originally denied it, but as a married man that isn’t proof of guilt of rape). The rest of the evidence was very inconsistent, DNA from another man was found in her underwear in addition to Bryant’s (her explanation was she grabbed dirty underwear the morning of the exam, as a woman I find that explanation dubious at best), the accuser also has a history of mental illness (I did not agree with the press releasing her records publicly, that was wrong but her history is relevant to the case) finally when push came to shove, she refused to testify.

Does this mean she’s a liar? No, but it does provide substantial reasonable doubt.

First: Don’t tell me he left the world a better place and you won’t get dirt (some really awful dirt) dug up.

Second: The girl had abrasions all over her vagina as per the medical record. Oh, Kobe also ADMITTED to it in an apology.

Justify it all you want, but don’t expect me to sit here and be quiet when someone says a probable rapist is making the world a better place.

Last edited:
Let's make it clear. The situation doesn't look good. But this isn't the time.

It would be the equivalent of bringing up the girl who claimed sexual misconduct on Peyton at the time of his death.

Him and the girl settled the situation out of court and she personally chose not to press charges. Details aside I end it when both parties decide too.

I'll keep my judgment and opinions to myself.

You know Kobe admitted he raped her, right?
It’s cool because he’s good at basketball.

Probably different if it were your daughter.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back