Peyton Manning Game Worn Tennessee Jersey

Reactions: JacketVol
Peyton never wore a Russell Athletic jersey in a game. UT switched to Sports Belle full time in 1992, though some of the fill-in replacements in 1991 were SB.

It’s possible that the jersey he’s wearing from the media day photo is a Russell, but the numbers are a different font than the one in the frame.
We also didn't have that particular type of striping pattern on our sleeves in the Peyton era

Peyton never wore a Russell Athletic jersey in a game. UT switched to Sports Belle full time in 1992, though some of the fill-in replacements in 1991 were SB.

It’s possible that the jersey he’s wearing from the media day photo is a Russell, but the numbers are a different font than the one in the frame.
Spot on Deer. Listing calls it “AUTHENTIC ISSUED". Never heard of a jersey referred to as that before. Defiantly not a Peyton gamer but looks to be a team issued jersey with the Athletic House tag. Listing group pic looks more like the SB font. Can’t tell from the pics if the sleeve stripes are screened on or sewn in

Reactions: 508mikey
Spot on Deer. Listing calls it “AUTHENTIC ISSUED". Never heard of a jersey referred to as that before. Defiantly not a Peyton gamer but looks to be a team issued jersey with the Athletic House tag. Listing group pic looks more like the SB font. Can’t tell from the pics if the sleeve stripes are screened on or sewn in
Quite easy to see they are screened on. Especially considering the 6th pic is of the sleeves

If you zoom in on one of the pictures of the stripes-

It looks like the stitching is underneath the white. Which would lead me to think it's screened.

You sir.......

Are 100% correct. Well done with your analysis. He never ever wore Russell.

My offer stands: if any of you can connect with me the owner of a legitimate Peyton game worn Tennessee jersey I will pay you a substantial finders fee. Substantial.

I know there are ten Peyton game worn Tennessee jerseys in existence.....minimum. He was issued home and away for four years...and the Citrus Bowl jerseys against Northwestern and Ohio State were made just for that game. The jersey for the Orange Bowl against Nebraska was the regular season jersey with patches sewn on for that game. There is a football card company, Press Pass, that made a game worn jersey card...and if that card is legit that means one of the ten is destroyed.

Donruss/Panini had one as well they had a bunch of UT jersey cards from 2006-2009. And I believe it was a Citrus Bowl jersey because I saw a few patches in threads with that patch.

VN Store

Back