Peyton and Eli - Monday night football

I missed it. What are you referring to?
A ref called a holding call or something during one of Peyton's games. He said it was the worst call he'd ever seen so he cussed the ref out. After the game he asked the NFL for the ref's address so he could write an apology letter but they wouldn't give it to him.

Reactions: vol94
I missed it. What are you referring to?
He was talking about how he cussed a ref out in a game against the Dolphins for a bad holding penalty. Said the ref was actually a really nice person and he felt bad about it so he wrote an apology letter and wanted the ref’s address to send it to him. Called the NFL office and they wouldn’t give the address to him. He said the ref probably thinks he’s a jerk after all these years.

Reactions: vol94
I haven't been this entertained with the crew since John Madden paired with a "festive" Pat Summerall.

Well, that was fun. Really didn't care about the game though. Was quite entertaining to just watch PM and Eli rib each other.

Any bets on how long it will be before the ratings for this setup exceed those of the lame announcers on ESPN?

Man I am so enjoying this. The whole segment with Ray Lewis and how he and Ed Reed ran the show. How he changed his preparations because of the way Peyton watched film. Also liked his insight to stopping the zone read.
Yes as dislikable as RL is, he was a great player and did well talking D football last night! Chuck was good because he’s Chuck, Kelce is a cocky dbag and added nothing, and Russel Wilson while providing some good info, was a little flat for TV purposes! Overall entertaining and will get better as they get into flow! Eli seemed a little uncomfortable with the production setup at first but figured it out and started showing more personality. As another poster mentioned, I also wouldn’t be surprised if their ratings definitely cut into the primary feed, especially for real football people!

They were so into play calling they didn’t catch the Raiders center got hurt, which was very surprising. It affected the offense for a while, and their commentary was off base for a few minutes about “crowd noise and fans” until they figured it out. That a great example of TV production and different than watching in person. They will improve and adjust their pre game scouting as they prepare.

Last edited:
As it picks up, I’d bet ESPN provides them more resources like spotters and researchers. Letting them talk on air would lend to a sports bar atmosphere.

VN Store

Back