Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way you typed that without laughing. Even Pearl supporters know he didn't lie because he's a humanitarian.

So he committed a recruiting violation and lied about it so that our players and school would lose games?

Are you telling me he knew we'd hire CCM?

So he committed a recruiting violation and lied about it so that our players and school would lose games?

Are you telling me he knew we'd hire CCM?

He committed a violation because he thought he could get away with it. He covered it up to save his and his staff's collective ass. It's as simple as that.

I'm perfectly willing to listen to anyone that thinks his transgression should be overlooked. Just don't act like he was some sort of basketball martyr.

Who cares? CCM said we were going to make the tourney last year...no ones complaining about him lying.

He committed a violation because he thought he could get away with it. He covered it up to save his and his staff's collective ass. It's as simple as that.

So he was trying to win and protect those around him? You're only making me like him more.

Who cares? CCM said we were going to make the tourney last year...no ones complaining about him lying.

Nick Saban said he wasn't leaving LSU, and then he said he wasn't leaving the dolphins.

Yet all of these fans who are concerned with "integrity" would hire him in a heartbeat.

Give me a break with this high and mighty bs. He lied one time. He asked some other people to help him. And most of you act like he raped your mother.

it seems there are no real violations in your world. There are simply varying degrees of heart and determination

there are legit reasons Pearl would be a good rehire but this type of justification is not it

Yeah . . . He was protecting those around him in order to preserve a 7 figure income. He's a hero.

You're the one who said he was protecting his assistants. Sorry if I like leaders who protect their subordinates. Would you have preferred he simply blamed one of his assistants and let them take the fall for him?

Nick Saban said he wasn't leaving LSU, and then he said he wasn't leaving the dolphins.

Yet all of these fans who are concerned with "integrity" would hire him in a heartbeat.

I don't think Nick will be receiving any interviews in Miami or Baton Rouge anytime soon.

it seems there are no real violations in your world. There are simply varying degrees of heart and determination

there are legit reasons Pearl would be a good rehire but this type of justification is not it

No there are all kinds of violations. Theres so many that all schools now have a department devoted to making sure we are in compliance with all of the regulations. But I don't consider 1 minor violation to be worthy or capital punishment.

You're the one who said he was protecting his assistants. Sorry if I like leaders who protect their subordinates. Would you have preferred he simply blamed one of his assistants and let them take the fall for him?

I'd have preferred he not be a dumbass when shown the picture of his own house and just looked the investigator in the eye and said either "I will answer that, but only after consulting my attorney" or "OK, you got me. What's the penalty for the secondary violation?"

I don't think Nick will be receiving any interviews in Miami or Baton Rouge anytime soon.

Lol so you're just being whinny and holding a grudge? Is that what this is about? And you're using some false sense of moral superiority as your justification?

I'd have preferred he not be a dumbass when shown the picture of his own house and just looked the investigator in the eye and said either "I will answer that, but only after consulting my attorney" or "OK, you got me. What's the penalty for the secondary violation?"

He took a chance. He gambled and he lost, whatever . He paid for his mistake, get over it.

No there are all kinds of violations. Theres so many that all schools now have a department devoted to making sure we are in compliance with all of the regulations. But I don't consider 1 minor violation to be worthy or capital punishment.

It wasn't one violation?!? It was improper phone calls, the BBQ, lying about the BBQ, conspiring with his coaches to mislead the investigator, acknowledging the violation to recruits and telling them not to talk about it, not disclosing a possible bump infraction to compliance . .?

first it was raping mothers and now it's capital punishment. You're going a little overboard with the analogies

it was a minor violation when it was committed. It turned into a bigger one with the lies and cover-up

He took a chance. He gambled and he lost, whatever . He paid for his mistake, get over it.

That's fine. That's your opinion and it's a perfectly valid stance. Just stop insulting our intelligence trying to minimize what actually happened and turning Bruce Pearl into Gandhi.

Some people you just can't reach. I know where I work integrity is held in the highest regard and if you are terminated for an integrity issue you are placed on a permanent no rehire status. The ones on here that feel integrity is not a big deal you stand in a very small minority.

It wasn't one violation?!? It was improper phone calls, the BBQ, lying about the BBQ, conspiring with his coaches to mislead the investigator, acknowledging the violation to recruits and telling them not to talk about it, not disclosing a possible bump infraction to compliance . .?

I really don't care. He made a mistake because he wanted to win. No one cares! Keep the compliance office all over him 24/7 and bring him home. Because I'm ready to win again.

Some people you just can't reach. I know where I work integrity is held in the highest regard and if you are terminated for an integrity issue you are placed on a permanent no rehire status. The ones on here that feel integrity is not a big deal you stand in a very small minority.

I'm glad to know Burger King has such high standards.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back