Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference; Jones was following Dooley. While he wasn't the first choice by anyone's gauge, he would have had to work hard to not improve on what Dooley left. Sure he went 5-7 but he won the PR battle.

Martin is following the most successful basketball coach since Mears and the first one since Mears to be as popular. The next coach absolutely has to be someone who can fire up the fanbase, not just with winning (though that obviously is the most important) but with interaction. I'm not saying they have to go all body paint but let's face it, Martin's personality is not a good follow up to Pearl.

Ok. So you agree. Next coach = Bruce.

Butch gets it.
Bruce gets it.

Witch Doctor say
soon someone(whoever) can start the thread..
"what other schools fanbase showed this much support to rehire a coach? "(WE dont hate Martin) if hes fired.
and
"He was done wrong! nows he is THE HULK!! the return of Pearl to Tennessee"
and
"what does this do for recruiting to show this much support of rehiring him and passion of the fanbase..(pretty big statement from a football school)"(remember we have Nike too)
Witch Doctor say does it seem to start coming into focus?
BOOM its looking good. I think this thing cooking?
(wild guess REALLY! PROMISE WILD GUESS..it just makes too much sense really.lol)

Bones never lie.

Last edited:
I know, it took something like this to get me motivated. I've started a Facebook page and commented on any and everything I can. I always read Volnation but this finally got me to try and start a cause. I know I'm only one fan but when one fan unites with a bunch of other one fans it can make a difference

Stay with us and keep fighting to Bring Back Bruce.:)

I'm not saying it's going to happen or even likely, but I'm getting the point that if Martin is fired, which I fully believe he should be, you almost have to hire Pearl.

Really it doesn't matter how it looks to other schools, if the NCAA comes camping (which I believe is overblown), none of that. What the program needs is fan support, and with Pearl you get that 100% guaranteed. So much that it won't matter if we suck next year. It won't matter if we suck 2-3 more seasons, Pearl is that popular. Sure if he doesn't win it will wear out, but if it comes to that I honestly don't think fans will care by then, because the admin gave it a shot.

Either he comes back and starts winning again and all is well, or he comes back and sucks and in 4-5 years he's sent packing, but at least this time it will be over performance and not some NCAA issue.

And even though I generally hate speculation and all, you have to admit if we fire Martin and replace him with someone unproven, and some other team does hire Pearl and he starts winning, well this fanbase likely won't get over that for a LONG time.

I'm pretty much firmly in the "Bring Back Bruce" camp now. I honestly believe any way you slice it, the potential positives far outweigh the potential negatives. I respect why someone would be against it, but really I don't think the program can take a gamble with someone else. Granted, if we did get a home run, big name hire, that obviously changes things, but I don't see one coming here.

Welcome aboard.

25,571 and counting
Witch Doctor say now
its more like a vote of approval. lol Heck Hart would have to sneak another candidate in the cover of darkness. In fear of a truck load of Orange painted rednecks would run the car picking them up off the road.
WE WIN! Hart never fired Pearl, he can be the hero to the Vol nation by giving Pearl as second chance and righting a wrong. Bruce Pearl was done wrong by Hamilton and should have NEVER been fired. ..makes too much sense..Nike? remember? THIS much passion from a fan base? We have hope...Harts going to kill that heck no hes gonna sell that stuff like he does with Butch!!. really who would even want to interview for this other than Pearl? hahaha..am I wrong? REMEMBER, just guessing really
BBH Bring Bruce Home!
Bones never lie.
BBB

Last edited:
Can't believe a stupid bbq led to all this nonsense. I know you have to work within the rules, but he was lambasted like an adulterer or something.

Can't believe a stupid bbq led to all this nonsense. I know you have to work within the rules, but he was lambasted like an adulterer or something.

I wonder if Brandy's opinion has changed?

ku-xlarge.jpg

I agree with that. I think everyone is simply saying that they believe he is the least risky winner.

Wish I could remember who posted it, but....

You have a super model, why go to the local bar and take your chances on meeting another.

Will the AD see it the same way? That's the question.

We've got nothing to lose sitting at home here. However, Hart's job is probably gone if he brings back Pearl and Bruce gets into trouble again.

Is that a risk he's willing to take?

Some of the greatest UT basketball memories of all time on that video. Man what an incredible ride that was. From the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows. It was so much fun - some wonderful memories in my adulthood with my father at those home games and some road games as well.

I for one say Bring Back Bruce!

Reactions: 2 people
Witch Doctor say...
Also support the idea of Cuonzo staying on as an assistant. really hes never going to get a chance this big again..realistic, and hes going back to a 300k gig for life..just dreaming...I know, its a good dream though. makes me want to buy a lot of DANG popcorn for some odd reason!! haha
Bones never lie.
*the simplest answer is the right one 90% of the time.Common sense really? . Bruce is coming home I do believe.W_D not always LISTEN to commons sense and.IM guessing REALLY?? but ..think about it. Hart iss a salesman..BOOM?..kidding about the CM asst.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Will the AD see it the same way? That's the question.

We've got nothing to lose sitting at home here. However, Hart's job is probably gone if he brings back Pearl and Bruce gets into trouble again.

Is that a risk he's willing to take?

No...safeguards can be put in place. That limit risks. Plus Bruce will not screw this up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back