Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ridicule a poster I laughed at the x-files conspiracy theories bandied about by people with sources.

please continue since this is a boring day and they are good reading :popcorn:

And this isn't ridicule? You just keep on believing what you're told to believe.

I remembered the bump violation, but they were saying something else. Something about contact with parents of recruits, not sure if it was the craft thing or something else.

I just hadn't seen it mentioned much, you always see the bump violation, but I hadn't seen all this mentioned.

He was basically saying that you get a teary eyed press conference and meeting behind closed doors telling his superiors and donors that he will be on the up and up, then...

1. He commits a supposed bump violation.
2. He contacts parents of recruits illegally
3. He gives away tickets without permission, another violation.
4. He covers up a failed drug test, something he had been warned previously about.

It just kinda goes along with what basilio saying that a lot of big money donors want nothing to do with him, and as he said, "feel like Pearl $hit in their garden".

What's funny is many don't see the pattern here. The UT administration was engaged in a public smear campaign to try and turn UT fans against Coach Pearl because of his immense popularity. This is why the supposed "bump" was leaked (which was later cleared), the intentional (IMO) ticket distribution violation, and the Brian Williams saga. Let's not forget that Bruce basically found out he would be fired after he got off the bus in Charlotte for the NCAA tournament, another attempt to sabotage the possible tournament run. Can you imagine how difficult it would have been to fire Coach Pearl after another sweet 16 run? Remember how that story was leaked? It was leaked via a taped interview with Jimmy Hyams (Sports Animal) that aired while the team was traveling to Charlotte. The administration had to do everything in it's power to try and diminish Bruce's popularity amongst the fans. This included manipulating the local media.

Now, that brings us to today...... why all of a sudden does the Sports Animal go on another trash fest of Coach Pearl? The flagship station of the University of Tennessee. You think the administration is starting to see this ground swell of support for the return of Coach Pearl and would like to slow this momentum down?

Yes.....

The bottom line is that CBP has won at every school in which he was the head coach. He is a winner - he won here at UT - his success here was almost unprecedented!!!

Where ever he lands, he will win - I hope that he lands at Tennessee however I will not hold my breath. I just do not see the administration swallowing their collective prides to re-hire Pearl.

The bottom line is that CBP has won at every school in which he was the head coach. He is a winner - he won here at UT - his success here was almost unprecedented!!!

Where ever he lands, he will win - I hope that he lands at Tennessee however I will not hold my breath. I just do not see the administration swallowing their collective prides to re-hire Pearl.

No almost to it. It was unprecedented.

Reactions: 1 person
Witch Doctor say
wow 23300 almost!! wow its rolling
Witch Doctor say keep posting that link!
woooo hoooo
BBB
Bones never lie.

I don't believe that anyone was trying to smear Pearl but explain why Mike Hamilton went on the radio just days before our first round game with Michigan and said that he "would have to do some soul searching" when asked whether or not Pearl still had his support as Tennessee's coach. That could have waited - and should have waited until after we were eliminated. The team was flat as a pancake against Michigan and didn't look like they even wanted to be there.

This wasn't days before. The taped interview was initially aired while Bruce and the team were in route to Charlotte for the first round game. The timing of that interview really caused me to pause.

Reactions: 2 people
I just wish that there some good local sports radio during morning drive time in Knoxville. The sports ani-mule is horrendous and Ainge still hasn't decided to grow up and dispense with the adolescent boy's bathroom humor...

Im just thankful we have anything that resembles sportstalk, it really sucked without it.

so if I don't believe there was some grand conspiracy to get rid of Pearl I am some admin stooge? Good grief

it's possible to be a UT bball fan, want Martin gone and not want Pearl back. The fact many can't recognize this possibility shows the unbelievable group think mentality of the BBB crowd

Its ok to not want him back but the very minor things the administration brought up when they fired him was an attempt to help public perception.

I don't know why he did it but to try and pin a 30pt loss on MH is kinda weak

It doesnt matter bc he did coach five other seasons which is a pretty good example of his coaching ability.....if you dont think learning that your coach is being fired the night before a big game deflated the team, I dont know what to tell you.

his issues and punishment were not "very minor"

Im talking about the fake bump, ticket gate and the Brian williams drug conspiracy.......those three things were made up bullsh*t trying to enhance public perception of their firing of Bruce Pearl bc before they had said that they were supporting him. They changed their minds bc they blinked at the threats of the penalties from the NCAA.

I remembered the bump violation, but they were saying something else. Something about contact with parents of recruits, not sure if it was the craft thing or something else.

I just hadn't seen it mentioned much, you always see the bump violation, but I hadn't seen all this mentioned.

He was basically saying that you get a teary eyed press conference and meeting behind closed doors telling his superiors and donors that he will be on the up and up, then...

1. He commits a supposed bump violation.
2. He contacts parents of recruits illegally
3. He gives away tickets without permission, another violation.
4. He covers up a failed drug test, something he had been warned previously about.

It just kinda goes along with what basilio saying that a lot of big money donors want nothing to do with him, and as he said, "feel like Pearl $hit in their garden".

I dont believe him or Basilio.......if u hear anything from the volquest guys or 247....it would be more credible.

Im talking about the fake bump, ticket gate and the Brian williams drug conspiracy.......those three things were made up bullsh*t
To each's own, but how were those made up? Do you not remember Brian williams being out for a few games because of a "bad back"? People wouldn't discredit Pearl just to make the firing credible lol.

To each's own, but how were those made up? Do you not remember Brian williams being out for a few games because of a "bad back"? People wouldn't discredit Pearl just to make the firing credible lol.

BC that happens all the time......they never say they failed a drug test.....they always sit out for violation of team rules or whatever the teams want to say. The UT administration knew about it and the AD is one of the first to know about it. Its not like he wasnt suspended, he sit out the number of games he was required by policy.

BC that happens all the time......they never say they failed a drug test.....they always sit out for violation of team rules or whatever the teams want to say. The UT administration knew about it and the AD is one of the first to know about it. Its not like he wasnt suspended, he sit out the number of games he was required by policy.
I asked how were those made up, not why. What would cause Brian Williams to sit out for 2-3 games? Usually "a violation of team rules" is a failed drug test, and it's ironic that about 2 weeks after Brian returned the talk about the drug test came up.

If you care to know about how athlete drug testing is administered please check out my post on page 97. To say Pearl covered up a positive drug test by one of his players is laughable and misleading. No one associated with the AD and the basketball program is permitted to disclose the results of a drug test. If there is a failed drug test, there are set penalties for each violation including suspension and expulsion from the program. So when a player has a positive test (s) and suspension, neither the coaches nor the administration can divulge that the suspension was due to positive drug test so they have to say violation of team rules or injury. That is not a cover-up; it is UT Athletic Department Policy.

So yes they were trying to discredit CBP considering the AD leaked the info to the media and spun it as a Pearl cover-up knowing that the local media hacks would not take time to investigate the matter.

Reactions: 3 people
I asked how were those made up, not why. What would cause Brian Williams to sit out for 2-3 games? Usually "a violation of team rules" is a failed drug test, and it's ironic that about 2 weeks after Brian returned the talk about the drug test came up.

Why does it matter what the coach says for why a player is sitting out?

If you care to know about how athlete drug testing is administered please check out my post on page 97. To say Pearl covered up a positive drug test by one of his players is laughable and misleading. No one associated with the AD and the basketball program is permitted to disclose the results of a drug test. If there is a failed drug test, there are set penalties for each violation including suspension and expulsion from the program. So when a player has a positive test (s) and suspension, neither the coaches nor the administration can divulge that the suspension was due to positive drug test so they have to say violation of team rules or injury. That is not a cover-up; it is UT Athletic Department Policy.

So yes they were trying to discredit CBP considering the AD leaked the info to the media and spun it as a Pearl cover-up knowing that the local media hacks would not take time to investigate the matter.

Good job patrick....u r explaining much more in detail than myself.

So in your opinion was UT's mistake made in hiring CCM or CBP???

Well; really both were mistakes.

Pearl: Very good coach, great recruiter and motivator. Can make in game changes easily. Bad side is his propensity to violate NCAA by laws and his dishonest answers when asked by the NCAA. Pearl really forced UT to no other option but to fire him.

Martin: Poor coach based on what I have seen. Poor recruiter as well. In the almost 2 years he has been here, I have seen the team underachieve almost routinely and hardly ever over achieve. It was a stretch when they hired him and it has, in my opinion, been a lousy hire. And I don't see it getting better.

I dont believe him or Basilio.......if u hear anything from the volquest guys or 247....it would be more credible.

You admitted knowing about that stuff though no?

It seems like after the teary eyed press conference, where you pour your heart our and promise to be a good boy, that you would be a good boy no?

The multiple issues after that confession is just as disturbing as how he handled the NCAA investigation IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back