Perspective

Why do you have to look at the past to justify the present? We should want more. It’s not like we got beat in a hard fought game tonight. We allowed FAU to go on an 18-2 run by taking terrible shots with lots of time left on the shot clock along with no timeouts or coaching from Barnes during that span. Allowing your players to jack up wild shots game in and game out is the sign of a badly coached team. Wasted an all time defense with god awful offensive game plans

The Vols being historically mediocre doesn't make these recent tournament exits less disappointing. I am very impressed and proud of this team for making the Sweet 16, and I never considered making the Elite 8 realistically possible. Yet, here we were again with a berth teed up for us behind a lower seed, and we just don't show up. Top to bottom, starting with Barnes, just epically disappointing.

Yes, I am bummed out, hurt, mad, disappointed and ready to throw something. BUT, I keep remembering the years where we didn't even make the NIT, much less the Big Dance. I guess next season I'll hop right back on the Big Orange roller coaster.
Honestly, what does any of that have to do with this current team? This group proved throughout the season they were talented and capable of beating anyone. We absolutely just lost to a less talented team for an opportunity to go to the final 8. The opportunity was there for the taking and we shat the bed. Nothing that happened 5, 15, or 50 years ago has anything to do with tonight. Everyone should be sorely disappointed for an opportunity missed that doesn’t come along very often.

But life goes on - it’s just a game for the players and entertainment for us. My perspective is I shouldn’t get so invested in watching others playing sports.

Yes, I am bummed out, hurt, mad, disappointed and ready to throw something. BUT, I keep remembering the years where we didn't even make the NIT, much less the Big Dance. I guess next season I'll hop right back on the Big Orange roller coaster.
This is just where we are and where we’ll always be as a program. We’ll get good regular seasons and some big wins but peak in round 1 to sweet 16. We’re not a program capable of advancing far. We want to be blue bloods but just need to be happy we’re not Georgia/South Carolina basketball

That's great to be let down by this team,and still see the silver lining. I stayed up with family watching this game actually thinking they would beat FAU. I wouldn't usually do that. I know what to expect with Barnes in the tourney,but this time made me believe that they would be the one to finally bring Tennessee a Final Four at least. I'm not a die hard Tennessee fan,but this year's team was scrappy and fun to root for. When they lost,it was heartbreaking. FAU just had the better game plan,and Tennessee didn't adapt on offense and flat out ran out of gas. It doesn't take away from a great game against Duke. I'm actually rooting for Barnes to take them to the Final Four before he calls it a career. Goodnight everybody.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Why do you have to look at the past to justify the present? We should want more. It’s not like we got beat in a hard fought game tonight. We allowed FAU to go on an 18-2 run by taking terrible shots with lots of time left on the shot clock along with no timeouts or coaching from Barnes during that span. Allowing your players to jack up wild shots game in and game out is the sign of a badly coached team. Wasted an all time defense with god awful offensive game plans

Barnes’ offensive game plan: “run it again boys, “til it works.” “No timeouts given!”

This is just where we are and where we’ll always be as a program. We’ll get good regular seasons and some big wins but peak in round 1 to sweet 16. We’re not a program capable of advancing far. We want to be blue bloods but just need to be happy we’re not Georgia/South Carolina basketball
Hey now both of those teams have at least made it to a final four unlike us

I want to say I'm satisfied with being a respected program that wins big games each year, but the way the media disrespected Tennessee this entire week, I also just want to burn the whole thing down to finish the season.

Not the Vols, I mean. The sports media. I want to torch the lot of 'em.

I'm going to be upset if freaking Bama makes the FF before Barnes does tho.

Or Florida Atlantic. They have been to a total of 2 NCAA tournaments in their history, and they had never won a tournament game until this year. And yet with 1 more win, they’ll have a Final Four, and we won’t.

Go K State!

Reactions: 08Vol
We should have been in the NIT!

I’d like to see a final four before I die, though.
It would be nice, and I thought we had a legitimate shot this year. UT basketball had been around for over 100 years and we haven't made it past the elite 8, yet. Only the 9th time in the sweet 16. Perspective is right.

Barnes has the program better than its ever been in the history of the program. We need to stop acting like Tennessee basketball has always been successful.

VN Store

Back