Perspective on UF Problems (Gainesville Sun)

''She actually got onto me last night because I was talking about the four interceptions, and she started bringing up all these great quarterbacks and how many interceptions they've thrown,'' Richardson said

When your mother gets on your back about your lack of quality play, you knows you gots some issues!
When your psyche is so vulnerable, so fragile, that you need pep talks from your mother, need them so badly that you bring them up with reporters and other strangers, you're not strong enough to lead a team through the coming gauntlet.

This lad's in trouble Saturday.

What is the infatuation that ESPN has with the Etienne family?
They are mystified about the story of a relative who swam to an island with his girlfriend and a stranger. It's pretty cool. They found a bunch of pot growers and eventually ran into a group of hippies who were living in make-shift huts on the other side of the island, near a beautiful secluded beach. He lived there for a while, then his girlfriend left him for the stranger. . . there is more to the story, like shark attacks and being threatened by the pot growers, etc, but anyway. . . Go Vols.

''She actually got onto me last night because I was talking about the four interceptions, and she started bringing up all these great quarterbacks and how many interceptions they've thrown,'' Richardson said

When your mother gets on your back about your lack of quality play, you knows you gots some issues!
His mom sounds like a b!$*&. I would never kick my child while they’re down.

I honestly feel bad for him tho. He seems like a good guy and has the talent to be great. Gotta put it all together mentally tho and have confidence. Some qb’s never do.
I've got a feeling he may not be smart enough to play at this level yet. Not saying he's dumb in general, just that he is still trying to figure too much out and making poor decisions. He probably needs a lot more experience before playing in a game like this. Hopefully it pays off for us.

I've got a feeling he may not be smart enough to play at this level yet. Not saying he's dumb in general, just that he is still trying to figure too much out and making poor decisions. He probably needs a lot more experience before playing in a game like this. Hopefully it pays off for us.
I picked up on that too.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
When your psyche is so vulnerable, so fragile, that you need pep talks from your mother, need them so badly that you bring them up with reporters and other strangers, you're not strong enough to lead a team through the coming gauntlet.

This lad's in trouble Saturday.
Certainly doesn't sound like of the Manning's or the Clausen's when he speaks.. Wonder what the difference is...🤔

Not good for the lizards! Think about it, UF went through spring ball, pre-season fall practice, now three games into the season, first year HC in the SEC already loosing his SEC home opener, run defense has looked atrocious thus far, with their starting QB struggling to figure out what’s going on, second guessing himself, his abilities, not to mention CBN publicly down-playing THE NEYLAND EFFECT!
I can’t remember a time in recent Vol football history where we’ve had a more opportune time to reverse the curse with the lizards than tomorrow afternoon! Sure some may say we want them at their best, well this is the best they got. VOLS 42- UF 24

I think he meant she was saying stop talking about the negative and focus on the positive and previous experience not getting on him about them.

Reactions: Bret178
Florida will bring their A game. It won’t be enough for them to win.
Florida is going to come out pissed off. Imagine if Kentucky was hosting Gameday and we were going up there and everyone has been telling us how we’re going to get our ass Kicked all week. There’s no way we wouldn’t come out playing hard and w/ a lot of pride. I expect to see that early tomorrow. I hope our guys are focused and aren’t buying into this -10.5 spread the way some of us are.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Technically his first road start. He started vs Georgia in Jax last year, which is about as nutty an environment as there is. He also didn’t technically “start” at LSU last year but played most of the game.

Regardless, not a good situation for a young QB who seems to be swimming mentally right now.
Thank you for using the word about. He's never seen what he's about to get into. Neyland won't be 50% Florida fans in a stadium that holds 68,000 like the one in Jacksonville. And that stadium has gently sloping seating where the majority of the fans and upper deck are farther from the field.

Last loud game at Neyland was Ole Miss. Prior to that, the second half of the UF game last time we won. Prior to that, Oklahoma. At least for the first half, it'll be rocking, and more so in the second half if the game is close. The only way to keep it quiet is for Florida to get up by more than 2 touchdowns.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back