Perspective from Sports Illustrated

Hank Bukowski

Roland James
Last edited:
Heupel has some growing to do as a head coach in the SEC, but I am glad he’ll do it here. While we should have won in regulation (and the officiating was terrible), this was a season where I thought we’d struggle to win 4 or 5 games.

Next season is going to be interesting because we could have a defense that’s the same (or maybe worse) than this season. Our offense should be at least as good. What will the results be? Hopefully, an upward trajectory.

we have WGWTFA now we have

YGTBFKM “You’ve got to be f***ing kidding me.”

Edit: this was also a very well written article. I agree with all of it, in regulation Hooker is trying to throw 40 yard TD when 10-15 yards makes the field goal much easier. He has to use his brain more next year.

Last edited:
Good summary. Overall, the arrow is pointing up. Probably just karma after stealing the way we win the KY game. Ultimately Ws and Ls regressed to the mean. Let's see what hay we can make in the portal!

Stole the KY game? Lmao

They got the first down right afterwards any way.

They didn’t execute on their end of the field and we won.

Get out of here with that weak crap.

Edit: this was also a very well written article. I agree with all of it, in regulation Hooker is trying to throw 40 yard TD when 10-15 yards makes the field goal much easier. He has to use his brain more next year.
Agree…..needed 10-15 yds to win the game and twice went for the home run ball…..was that coach or QB. Situational awareness!!!

I agree with not accepting the Music Shatty bowl invite ever again. I'd just stay home. The two screw jobs they've had in that game have been beyond belief.
So, that’s implying collusion between that ACC crew and Music City Bowl officials? That statement in the article is just absurd. The bowl officials had no reason to screw Tennessee because Tennessee makes them money. On the other hand, that crew does need intense scrutiny to figure out why that call was made.

So, that’s implying collusion between that ACC crew and Music City Bowl officials? That statement in the article is just absurd. The bowl officials had no reason to screw Tennessee because Tennessee makes them money. On the other hand, that crew does need intense scrutiny to figure out why that call was made.
I'm not implying anything.. There is some bad mojo in that game and i'd steer clear of it next time.

Agree…..needed 10-15 yds to win the game and twice went for the home run ball…..was that coach or QB. Situational awareness!!!
If it was on the QB after the first one call a time out, (they won't refund you if you save them) and get the qbs head right.
Should have won it right there

Reactions: TennEddie
Just sitting here thinking about the thousands of times over the years that I have seen a running back stopped short of the goal line or trying to pick up a first down and their forward progress stopped then break loose and continue running. I`m really confused.
I thought the plays were still live until the play is blown dead. I don`t think the ref was out to get the Vols but do think he made a huge mistake.

More than once the Pru running backs were "stopped" for 1-3 yrd runs (forward progress) and after a time of no forward motion allowed to go forward for up a 7-9 yrd run. It was stated that the whistle is not necessary to stop a play only the ref's movement BULL SHAT!!! I have never heard such a thing before. All these stupid excuses are only to cover their asses for a huge screw-up that had camera coverage unrivalled in it's "here's what happened", with sound included. (whistle included after reach over the line) The talk of no more Music City Bowl is uncalled for. What is called for is UT that not accept a ACC officiating crew call for the game. (much like a boxer does from time to time about a ref)
P.S. Most of the pass interference calls against UT are usually allowed by SEC crews as I saw it.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Just sitting here thinking about the thousands of times over the years that I have seen a running back stopped short of the goal line or trying to pick up a first down and their forward progress stopped then break loose and continue running. I`m really confused.
I thought the plays were still live until the play is blown dead. I don`t think the ref was out to get the Vols but do think he made a huge mistake.
I'm thinking the same thing. John Kelly comes to mind. He would run hard at a wall of humanity only to bounce back and run around the end. Happened all the time.

A bowl game not for a championship is just a celebration of the season. Teams that play get extra practices with younger players; they get recruits to visit. Winning a non-playoff bowl game only puts a positive direction for the next year. Losing badly could cause a negative direction. In my mind, UT won. We beat Purdue. We scored a touchdown in overtime, and they scored a field goal. We just did not beat the refs. Shame. So, what. We did not get the MCB trophy. The whole country including Purdue knows we won. I am not into participation trophies. I know we lost in the record books. Seems like NCAA makes a new rule after we lose in an unfair way. NCAA/ACC will come out with an apology and suspension of the crew. Who cares? I was mad last night. Our program is 100% better than it was a year ago. Hope our coaches and plays use this to improve. GBO

As I post, I can't help to think. Is my grammar correct? Did I make any spelling errors? Guess I will find out.

It was the correct read
. If not for an obvious hold, it was a touchdown.

The refs were not the sole reason we lost. But they were a pretty big reason. Fans of other teams have tweeted how badly we got robbed. If it were just TN fans it would be one thing. But it’s not. Also, these same refs were suspended earlier in the year for horrible officiating. The refs screwed us on multiple occasions in the game. The calls were extremely one sided.

The refs were not the sole reason we lost. But they were a pretty big reason. Fans of other teams have tweeted how badly we got robbed. If it were just TN fans it would be one thing. But it’s not. Also, these same refs were suspended earlier in the year for horrible officiating. The refs screwed us on multiple occasions in the game. The calls were extremely one sided.
I think you misunderstand what I was saying. We did get screwed, by the ACC officiating crew, not the bowl officials.

VN Store

Back