Perhaps this will be the last ESPN jab this season

Two constants in the sports world:

1. espn will continue to take unprovoked jabs at Tennessee
2. espn will continue to have massive layoffs as their news and analysis continue to suck even more than the previous year!

10 years from now espn will have a whole lot in common with 8-Track tapes in that they will both be obsolete!

I hate ESPN but I did not look at that as a JAB just a statement of Fact. We were on the bubble but we were in according to Bracketlogy. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is CPHS 1098 wins will be passed next season. It had to happen eventually and CPHS's name and accomplishments will never fade away when the topic of Women's Basketball is discussed.
The perfect Pioneer.

Really? This story sets people on edge against ESPN? The LV discussion was one of 20 subplots that would have unfolded had the tourney been held, including

"A vulnerable UConn's imperiled streak."

The LV discusion ends on this note: "Harper led No. 11 seed Missouri State to the Sweet 16 berth, a run that likely helped her get the Tennessee job. It would have been interesting to see what the Lady Vols, as underdogs, might have done this year"

My how horribly anti-lady Vol.

Honestly, people should be glad that the LVs being a bubble team (now for two years in a row) remains a story in its own right.

Yeah, if they/she (Voepel?) are going to wax hypothetically, why not take the slant of how distant VanDerveer and Auriemma would still be from the record had there not been an inescapably torturous turn of health that took the game’s greatest far too early in her life and career?

They do revel in throwing shade our way.

Yeah, if they/she (Voepel?) are going to wax hypothetically, why not take the slant of how distant VanDerveer and Auriemma would still be from the record had there not been an inescapably torturous turn of health that took the game’s greatest far too early in her life and career?

They do revel in throwing shade our way.

I haven't followed that closely, but don't think Voepel is like that; and will stand corrected if that's the case. I've always thought of her as a fair and serious-minded journalist/reporter.

About the record; what would it be now - seven, eight more seasons, averaging about 30 wins. WOW! When it's put in writing like that ...phenomenal! Though, The Great One truly never was about the numbers.

Not sure either, but Voepel’s name is attached to the subsequent piece about Tennessee’s NCAA tournament streak....

Reactions: krichunaka
There is not one school...not one...that does not think that ESPN hates them. They all say the same thing.."ESPN hates us.." There is a reason that every school says ESPN hates them...it's because they are not biased in their reporting...therefore...ESPN hates everyone for that reason. Look at every forum....for every team...they all say it...

There is not one school...not one...that does not think that ESPN hates them. They all say the same thing.."ESPN hates us.." There is a reason that every school says ESPN hates them...it's because they are not biased in their reporting...therefore...ESPN hates everyone for that reason. Look at every forum....for every team...they all say it...
So who does ESPN like?

Reactions: feathersax
ESPN chose their fate and decided to do agenda plus indoctrination programming over “sports”. Now they must walk the road of mediocrity and insignificance along with 90% of other media outlets today. What they say or do (especially when it involves the Vols) has zero playtime in my head. Except to maybe post this type of thing occasionally.:rolleyes:

ESPN chose their fate and decided to do agenda plus indoctrination programming over “sports”. Now they must walk the road of mediocrity and insignificance along with 90% of other media outlets today. What they say or do (especially when it involves the Vols) has zero playtime in my head. Except to maybe post this type of thing occasionally.:rolleyes:
Without the free press we would still be hearing corona virus is nothing to worry about. There is planned indoctrination at some media outlets, both sides, but the vast majority of news outlets strive to present the truth to the people.

Last edited:
Without the free press we would still be hearing corona virus is nothing to worry about. There is planned indoctrination at some media outlets but the vast majority of news outlets strive to present the truth to the people.

I'm certainly worried about the Corona Virus; but no more than any of the myriad viruses of the past couple decades. My wife's a nurse; my favorite daughter-in-law is a pharmacist; they're worried about the Corona Virus - that's enough for me.

So, yes, I'm worried about the Corona Virus!

Having said all that, I think we've been played. And, this is no condemnation of our media (and I don't know which ones you like, or hate; doesn't matter) after all, what choice do they have? But, a certain unnamed place on this earth, where this Virus supposedly originated, suddenly seems to have righted the ship, and they're staged to blitzkrieg our economy. How this plays out (politically) is anybody's guess, but our incumbent president stands to have the most to lose. At any rate, how it goes, economically depends on how many more bad checks our "leadership" is willing to write, though I can hardly see how it can be enough. Because, a few billion here, a few billion there, will not be enough. So, a no-win. Because the damage will have been done.

Yes, I'm scared of the Corona Virus! And tick bites, so many cancers; and the flu, etc; and none of them in any particular order ...but, the "cure" we're gonna need for the Corona Virus will require much more than anything medical science can deliver; though a certain "philanthropist" who "invested" fifty-million in a vaccine, stands to make a little money for his "helping" hand.

So, whether we have another softball game, or baseball; or NASCAR, or the Indianapolis 500; or the Tokyo Olympics. Whether there'll be proms, graduations, dining out or making out, this one is indeed a pandemic in every imaginable sense of the word. And, the U. S. will ultimately pay the biggest price of all.

The Sock Puppet is a riot!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benionsopinion
I'm certainly worried about the Corona Virus; but no more than any of the myriad viruses of the past couple decades. My wife's a nurse; my favorite daughter-in-law is a pharmacist; they're worried the Corona Virus - that's enough for me.

So, yes, I'm worried about the Corona Virus!

Having said all that, I think we've been played. And, this is no condemnation of our media (and I don't know which ones you like, or hate; doesn't matter) after all, what choice do they have? But, a certain unnamed place on this earth, where this Virus supposedly originated, suddenly seems to have righted the ship, and they're staged to blitzkrieg our economy. How this plays out (politically) is anybody's guess, but our incumbent president stands to have the most to lose. At any rate, how it goes, economically depends on how many more bad checks our "leadership" is willing to write, though I can hardly see how it can be enough. Because, a few billion here, a few billion there, will not be enough. So, a no-win. Because the damage will have been done.

Yes, I'm scared of the Corona Virus! And tick bites, so many cancers; and the flu, etc; and none of them in any particular order ...but, the "cure" we're gonna need for the Corona Virus will require much more than anything medical science can deliver; though a certain "philanthropist" who "invested" fifty-million in a vaccine, stands to make a little money for his "helping" hand.

So, whether we have another softball game, or baseball; or NASCAR, or the Indianapolis 500; or the Tokyo Olympics. Whether there'll be proms, graduations, dining out or making out, this one is indeed a pandemic in every imaginable sense of the word. And, the U. S. will ultimately pay the biggest price of all.

The Sock Puppet is a riot!
Cheers!
The sock puppet made my week! Glad you have your own private nurse, stay well.

Krich, prayers for safety for your wife and dil. And thank them for us!

My wife is a retired R.N. We had a scare when accidentally got stuck with a blood withdrawal needle at the height of the AIDS epidemic, but the Lord was merciful. Be safe!

So who does ESPN like?
Everybody...and nobody...it's not a like thing. It's just reporting the things that are true....or seem to be true. The truth sometimes hurts and is mistaken for the "they don't like us". They do like Sabrina Ionescu because they ran everything about her life the last three months.....There was an article every other day it seemed....lol...

Reactions: MAD

Bingo!

Reactions: tennrich1

Sports intersects with society so, sports stories are bound at times to have politically charged implications:

ESPN is no more political than Fox Sports, with high profile personalities like Jason Whitlock and Clay Travis lambasting Colin Kaepernick, the US women's soccer team among others and condemning the #metoo movement:

"On the politics front, it’s not hard for Fox to stand out as a better alternative to ESPN to disgruntled conservatives, given that the Fox brand is already synonymous to conservatives thanks to Fox News. Fox News has been ramping up their sports coverage by covering divisive sports stories like White House visits or lack thereof by championship teams, Colin Kaepernick, the NBA’s bungled response to Daryl Morey’s Hong Kong tweets, and even Don Cherry’s firing." Sports Blogger Says Fox Sports Attracting Disgruntled Conservatives

So let's be clear, you are not mad because ESPN has an agenda; you are made because it differs from your ideological agenda and it may present ideas and in some cases, facts, that you would rather not hear.

VN Store

Back