Per ESPN recruiting rankings...

1Big_Orange_Fan

UT has signed 3 players with a grade of 90 or higher in the last 10 years. Just so happens we will have all 3 of these guys anchoring our OL next year. I anticipate Wright and Morris will take big steps forward and our OL is going to be VERY good.

Trey Smith - ESPN grade 93
Darnell Wright - ESPN grade 91
Wanya Morris - ESPN grade 91

UT has signed 3 players with a grade of 90 or higher in the last 10 years. Just so happens we will have all 3 of these guys anchoring our OL next year. I anticipate Wright and Morris will take big steps forward and our OL is going to be VERY good.

Trey Smith - ESPN grade 93
Darnell Wright - ESPN grade 91
Wanya Morris - ESPN grade 91

Cade Mays - ESPN grade 87
Brandon Kennedy - ESPN grade 83

The O should make strinds next year. If they don't, something is wrong. If the D is able to maintain at all without Bituli/Warrior, we should be 1 or 2 games better. If one of the QBs can pass JG early, we'll be cooking with gas.

Big boys in the trenches. It is so good to see the last of the Butch stench getting washed off this program.

C'mon, man. Some of that "stench" (as you call it) had names like Bituli, Jennings, etc. Butch is gone. Let's not inadvertently insult some great VFLs in our enthusiasm to bash Butch Jones for the millionth time.

C'mon, man. Some of that "stench" (as you call it) had names like Bituli, Jennings, etc. Butch is gone. Let's not inadvertently insult some great VFLs in our enthusiasm to bash Butch Jones for the millionth time.
Good grief, man. Why is everything all or nothing these days. What I was referring to were the 275 lb lineman Butch preferred.

Good grief, man. Why is everything all or nothing these days. What I was referring to were the 275 lb lineman Butch preferred.
Did you ever stop to think maybe you are the "stench of Butch" in the forums these days?

I mean...no one else brought him up in this thread. Wouldn't have thought of him at all here if it weren't for you.

Sometimes you gotta let things die, brother.

The O should make strinds next year. If they don't, something is wrong. If the D is able to maintain at all without Bituli/Warrior, we should be 1 or 2 games better. If one of the QBs can pass JG early, we'll be cooking with gas.

I think we cover Warrior nicely. Bituli may be tougher. He was kinda like Mayo. Zero hype. 100% production.

Yes. So were most of the impact players on last years roster. I hate Butch too, but you can’t say he didn’t bring in talent.

Ssshhh. The narrative is much better that CJP was left with nothing in the cupboard. It makes it easier to expect/predict eight wins next year with a favorable schedule and not find an ounce of fault with CJP if he doesn't achieve anything more than eight wins.

And Brandon Kennedy was playing at a very high level by the end of the season in 2019. He was probably our 2nd best OL behind Trey Smith.

If Wanya and Wright improve a bunch in their Sophomore seasons (as is often typical), the OL has potential to be N-A-S-T-Y!
Really? I don’t think so at all. I don’t think Kennedy played all that well. I thought Carvin’s presence on the line is when they played their best ball. Kennedy looks small. I think if you replaced Kennedy with Carvin at center and got Mays eligible it would be the best O line in college.

Yes. So were most of the impact players on last years roster. I hate Butch too, but you can’t say he didn’t bring in talent.

I agree; with all of butches faults he did recruit some very good players. He just didn't know how to utilize their talents. We lose a lot of offensive weapons on offense especially this year. I don't know if we have any as good as those we are losing to graduation on the roster now. I hope we do though, and we might. After this coming year is over all of Butches will be gone, it will all be on Pruitt. Just as kirby at ga. this coming year will all be kirbys recruits.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back