People Should Freak Out

What's comical is watching such simple minded posters getting their plumage all ruffled and knickers in a bunch. Carry on.

Yes, that would be you Snowflake. :birgits_giggle:

Homers and sheep are hilarious, but one thing is certain: Pearl lives rent free in your head.

I never expected him to recruit Texas type of talent. However, as you said, he recruits nationwide. You'd think we would be in on some better talent by now, but we're not. All we can hope for is that the players we got end up being better than what they were rated.

That's 100% what Barnes is banking on, plus the fact of player development and guys staying for 4 years in a business full of attrition...like I've said, idk if the method will work, but year 3 is the measuring stick.

Pearl turned TN into a laughing stock. That limited Cuonzo out of the gate (and also lead directly to TN having to settle for Cuonzo) and then the lying cheat wouldn't leave... resulting in another disaster, the petition.

No, he turned the program into a contender on the national scene. His graduation rate was also 100% which few people will talk about.

...like I've said, idk if the method will work, but year 3 is the measuring stick.

Frank Martin took his lumps with a young roster at SC, he won 4, 5, and 6 SEC games his first 3 years. Then they went 11-7 last year and arguably should've made the NCAAT.

I don't know if people around here would be that patient (not sure I would either).

Frank Martin took his lumps with a young roster at SC, he won 4, 5, and 6 SEC games his first 3 years. Then they went 11-7 last year and arguably should've made the NCAAT.

I don't know if people around here would be that patient (not sure I would either).

Biggest thing there with Martin was year 3 showed improvement and gave some hope, returned most of the team and so fans were excited...Barnes needs to hope for the same. If he wins 13 games each of his first 3 years you're probably right that not many will be sticking around for year 4.

Barnes will be working under a new boss next year. You never know how patient/impatient a new boss will be.

Barnes will be working under a new boss next year. You never know how patient/impatient a new boss will be.

That's a huge factor too. Especially if a certain Chattanooga AD comes her and a certain former Chattanooga HBC continues to look good at his new job.

Thunder, I understand the situation and problems this program had when Barnes took over and I'm willing to give somewhat of a pass on that but I'm also grading on a curve because we brought in a guy with nine current players in the NBA, a FF appearance, and 600 wins. He should be able to get an NCAAT team by year 3.

Thunder, I understand the situation and problems this program had when Barnes took over and I'm willing to give somewhat of a pass on that but I'm also grading on a curve because we brought in a guy with nine current players in the NBA, a FF appearance, and 600 wins. He should be able to get an NCAAT team by year 3.

Only problem with the 9x NBA, FF, and 600+ wins is that he was fired and has to re-establish his credibility. It'd be different if Barnes was taken from TX while they still wanted to keep him.

6 year deal, $1m per remaining year which I believe begins in April...so after year 3 he would have a $3m buyout if fired after the season.

If need be, we should be able to afford that after then since every other coach is off the books. Unless we let Butch go then that's another story.

If need be, we should be able to afford that after then since every other coach is off the books. Unless we let Butch go then that's another story.

That's the X factor, Butch and the football program. If he's here and the program is still doing well then that's easy money, if they have to make a football change that changes everything.

VN Store

Back