People, people, people...

m1al

I'm the most wanted man on my island...
I apologize for starting a new thread for this, but it was the only way I could say a few words to so many at one time.

I'm SO SICK of all the naysaying, whiney @ss, it's the end of UT football crap. I'm tired of hearing they screwed up with Thigpen and Boyd, they spent too much time on this recruit and not enough time on that one, CLT didn't do us any good after all, CLK didn't do what he was hired to do, they didn't get enough linemen, they got to many wide receivers (but not the right ones), million dollar recruiting staff didn't get it done, Fulmer wouldn't have let this happen (give me a friggin break), holy sh1t we're screwed and we're all gonna die.... It just goes on and on and on....

I'm not going to go over the obvious disadvantages the new staff was faced with and the shambles the previous staff left the program in.

Many on here understand this and have faith that things are turning around.

To the rest, did you really think it was going to be easy? That it would happen in mere weeks? Did you really believe all the rumors, 'sources', dreams, unrealistic predictions that have been floating around this board since CLK took over?

Thank God our new staff isn't as easily discouraged and dissapointed as a lot of folks on here are.

All things considerd (for those that will actually consider) we did pretty well today. My only real dissapointments were, I thought we would pull Marlon Brown and I thought we would pick up a lineman. Other than that IMO we did allright.

It's not the end of the world. It's the beginning of something good. Give it time...

In the immortal words of Oddball from Kelly's Heroes..
"Have a little faith baby... No more of them negative waves Moriarty"..

WE WILL BE BACK..

Amen brother! Preach on.

I too am sick of this crap. I was a big Fulmer fan, but if he was so great, why didn't he fix when he could have? Why HECK! we are paying him more to leave( over 3 years) than we are paying for what many think is the best staff in College Football.

If Fulmer loves UT so much, and is so great, why didn't he VOLUNTEER to recruit for us, instead of getting on TV and jabbing at our staff. He let the ship sink not CLK !!!!

Can I get an amen?

I think it's hard not to be more and more enthused after every presser. I'm diggin every answer he gives. I'm confident that it will translate to success on the field. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Completely agree. People seem to just forget the circumstances involved with this year's recruiting process.

Stand behind your team. CLK makes a ton more money than you for a reason.

I apologize for starting a new thread for this, but it was the only way I could say a few words to so many at one time.

I'm SO SICK of all the naysaying, whiney @ss, it's the end of UT football crap. I'm tired of hearing they screwed up with Thigpen and Boyd, they spent too much time on this recruit and not enough time on that one, CLT didn't do us any good after all, CLK didn't do what he was hired to do, they didn't get enough linemen, they got to many wide receivers (but not the right ones), million dollar recruiting staff didn't get it done, Fulmer wouldn't have let this happen (give me a friggin break), holy sh1t we're screwed and we're all gonna die.... It just goes on and on and on....

I'm not going to go over the obvious disadvantages the new staff was faced with and the shambles the previous staff left the program in.

To the rest, did you really think it was going to be easy? That it would happen in mere weeks? Did you really believe all the rumors, 'sources', dreams, unrealistic predictions that have been floating around this board since CLK took over?

Thank God our new staff isn't as easily discouraged and dissapointed as a lot of folks on here are.

All things considerd (for those that will actually consider) we did pretty well today. My only real dissapointments were, I thought we would pull Marlon Brown and I thought we would pick up a lineman. Other than that IMO we did allright.

It's not the end of the world. It's the beginning of something good. Give it time...

WE WILL BE BACK..

Give em Hell.....You are Right on !!!

I'm excited about CLK & his entire staff! I'm NOT discouraged by Signing Day '09, rather optimistic that Vols coaches will do what's NOT been done in a while: coach 'em up! Most disgusting moment today? Watching former coach (feels good to say that) play the sour grapes game on CBS. Please, ex-Vol coach, just spend the $$ & go away.

WE WILL BE BACK..

like you said no OL........and you can be blind to it if you want, but it stars on NSD, and we lost alot of good recruits( you forgot Oku, Phillips, etc), why can't I be disappointed............

like you said no OL........and you can be blind to it if you want, but it stars on NSD, and we lost alot of good recruits( you forgot Oku, Phillips, etc), why can't I be disappointed............

We signed 2 OL today and 3 DL that is 5 out of 19 and things are not over yet. We did not lose alot of good recruits, if they were good in the staff on hand eyes we would have signed them get over your "Fulmer do no wrong withdraws". If CPF had been here I bet we would have lost more recruits then those who left.

We signed 2 OL today and 3 DL that is 5 out of 19 and things are not over yet. We did not lose alot of good recruits, if they were good in the staff on hand eyes we would have signed them get over your "Fulmer do no wrong withdraws". If CPF had been here I bet we would have lost more recruits then those who left.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, but we did lose some good recruits. That's just ignorant to say we didn't.

I'm ok with this class, too. We need more big uglies, but overall the class turned out about one high profile recruit shy of where I thought it would....

Have you ever replied to a thread without bringing Fulmer up or blaming him for something? Dam man give it a rest and move on.

WE WILL BE BACK..

It just sucks very hard right now. Tomorrow is a new day.

Those who decommitted would have left no matter who the new coach was. And if you want Fulmer back because of a few average to good recruits that may or may not have ever contributed, then you are completely irrational.

Those who decommitted would have left no matter who the new coach was. And if you want Fulmer back because of a few average to good recruits that may or may not have ever contributed, then you are completely irrational.

I'm not sure if that's true. Stokes, Moses, and even Giles may have been here. I'm not sticking up for Fulmer at all. I would rather have the staff we have here now no doubt. Plus, our new staff got us some players that weren't even on UT's radar with Phil. But, to say that everyone who decommitted "would have left no matter who the new coach was" is ignorant and simply not true.

No blindness here, it is what it is...

Didn't forget about Oku, Phillips, etc. either, but I will now, because they wont be here next year will they? And by the way, I sincerely wish those guys the BEST of luck for their future. Our youth NEEDS to be succesful.

As far as being dissapointed, I guess each persons dissapointment is relative to their expectations, realistic or not.

Added note:
Teague, Richardson, Myles, Oliver, Janzen (strong rumor)...

Ok, I can file Oku, Thigpen, Phillips, etc. away now.....

WE WILL BE BACK..

Most appropriate movie quote to ever appear on this board!

HUGE kudos for the Kelly's Heroes reference. I can honestly say that is my attitude at every UT game I attend. "You know man, just drinking some wine... catching some rays..."

Seems appropriate now that we have a Cali kid as our HMIC.

PS-Matt McCaunaghey should kiss Donald Sutherland's butt for giving him his acting style.

Added note:
Teague, Richardson, Myles, Oliver, Janzen (strong rumor)...

Ok, I can file Oku, Thigpen, Phillips, etc. away now.....

no more rumors ok? I was just stating the facts of losing good recruits......but you still need to coach em up....I think BJ can be a above average QB, so I'm glad we didn't reach there, OL is a concern, don't you think... reality is what it is

Amen brother! Preach on.

I too am sick of this crap. I was a big Fulmer fan, but if he was so great, why didn't he fix when he could have? Why HECK! we are paying him more to leave( over 3 years) than we are paying for what many think is the best staff in College Football.

If Fulmer loves UT so much, and is so great, why didn't he VOLUNTEER to recruit for us, instead of getting on TV and jabbing at our staff. He let the ship sink not CLK !!!!

Can I get an amen?
Amen. TN has the most spoiled Fan Base anywhere.:blush2:

Both sides of the line could use some more help. I think something is getting lost though. We got better as a team today. We'll be better next season. i.e. we are going in the right direction.

VN Store

Back